Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:50:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping my transactions private  (Read 207 times)
Samw19 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:30:47 PM

I currently use a trezor wallet and I'm not sure if what I am doing is best practice in order to keep my information private.

Mainly my question is, if I transfer bitcoins from one address on my trezor to another address on my trezor is it obvious to the outside world that the same owner of the bitcoin is just transferring them to himself?

If I want to keep my transactions private am I best transferring my coins into another wallet elsewhere and then back to my trezor?

I was thinking of transferring bitcoins to shapeshift and then to my trezors dash wallet and then transferring some of my dash to shapeshift and send to my trezors eth wallet.

Does this have any security concerns I should be aware of?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:08:53 PM

Hey. If you are not reusing addresses, there is no way that anyone will know that you own the addresses that you send bitcoin into.
Use a new address for every bitcoin transfer on your trezor (as far as i know, trezor does generate new address for every time when you are receiving BTC).
If you are paranoid about your funds, you can always use bitcoin mixers or swap funds to monero, and monero back to bitcoin (or just use the Dash method that you were talking about).

If you want to keep your transactions private, you cannot post any addresses that you use for the transfers that you wish to keep private.

If you wish to get easy to use bitcoin mixing to keep it simple, i can recommend Bitmix.biz. If you wish to use their tor service, Then here is their onion.

Best of luck securing your transactions, and if you got any more questions feel free to PM or quote me here.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:12:56 PM

Hey. If you are not reusing addresses, there is no way that anyone will know that you own the addresses that you send bitcoin into.
Use a new address for every bitcoin transfer on your trezor (as far as i know, trezor does generate new address for every time when you are receiving BTC).
If you are paranoid about your funds, you can always use bitcoin mixers or swap funds to monero, and monero back to bitcoin (or just use the Dash method that you were talking about).

If you want to keep your transactions private, you cannot post any addresses that you use for the transfers that you wish to keep private.

If you wish to get easy to use bitcoin mixing to keep it simple, i can recommend Bitmix.biz. If you wish to use their tor service, Then here is their onion.

Best of luck securing your transactions, and if you got any more questions feel free to PM or quote me here.

I don't think that's true, you can usually use walletexplorer.com, fill in a bitcoin adress, and you will see all the other adresses associated with that wallet.

For example, this is my wallet, https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/00b14813ccf7feed/addresses, all the ones with 1 incoming transaction are my change adresses.

Or this might only be for change adresses?

onnz423

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:17:12 PM

Or this might only be for change adresses?

I'm pretty sure that it's only the change addresses, because you need to use every address once so the blockchain even knows that it exists (or should i say that a transaction needs to be broadcasted where such address is included).
Did not even know that such service existed so thank you for the tip.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Samw19 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:18:41 PM

This was my concern.

If all of my wallets are on my trezor 100s of btc wallets 100s of eth wallets and100s of dash wallets wouldn't someone be able to see that all of my addresses are in my trezor?

So even if I buy btc with tor and cash and then send to my btc wallet  on my trezor then shapeshift to dash and then shapeshift back to eth for anonymity although my transaction path would be hidden, anyone checking all of my trezor wallets would know the money went out and back in
onnz423

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:22:24 PM

This was my concern.

If all of my wallets are on my trezor 100s of btc wallets 100s of eth wallets a day 100s of dash wallets wouldn't someone be able to see that all of my addresses are in my trezor?

They cannot connect for example BTC addresses to your DASH addresses on the trezor. They are on complete different chains.
Like i mentioned, only used addresses can be connected in theory, but this takes alot of technical skills and even some governement agencies are having difficulties tracking so many addresses. We wouldn't even know that you use trezor if we did lookup your address on the blockchain. Butsince you care about privacy, that's why i recommended a mixer.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Samw19 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:26:46 PM

The whole reason I personally use cryptos is for privacy I hate the way the world is going - ending all privacy I every aspect.

So would you say that this method of privacy would keep my transactions private:

Recieve btc for a service or bought with cash on local bitcoins (using tor for everything)

btc from local bitcoins sent to my trezor btc wallet.

Trezor btc wallet sends my btc to shapeshift to dash on my trezor wallet.

My dash trezor wallet mixes the coins by sending back to shapeshift using dashsend

Shapeshift sends ethereum to my trezor eth wallet where I spend my eth for day to day usage?

onnz423

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:46:08 PM

The whole reason I personally use cryptos is for privacy I hate the way the world is going - ending all privacy I every aspect.

So would you say that this method of privacy would keep my transactions private:

Recieve btc for a service or bought with cash on local bitcoins (using tor for everything)

btc from local bitcoins sent to my trezor btc wallet.

Trezor btc wallet sends my btc to shapeshift to dash on my trezor wallet.

My dash trezor wallet mixes the coins by sending back to shapeshift using dashsend

Shapeshift sends ethereum to my trezor eth wallet where I spend my eth for day to day usage?

I am not really that familiar with dash at all, but i would guess so. Im pretty sure that monero is much more private however, so i'd personally recommend that instead of using dash, but you can wait for instructions from someone who is familiar with XMR. I think that localbitcoins needs javascript to use the website, so downloading a fresh mycelium wallet and using Cash trades for trading bitcoin would be probably the most private method to use.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Samw19 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:53:10 PM

How can I find people to sell for cash trades or cash deposit without using local bitcoins?

So far I have been unable to find anyone in my area doing so
onnz423

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:59:15 PM

How can I find people to sell for cash trades or cash deposit without using local bitcoins?

So far I have been unable to find anyone in my area doing so

I don't know which area you are located at (and i guess you don't want to tell for privacy reasons), so you just have to look up online.
On many western countries there are many bitcoin ATM's, but they usually have high fee and a need for ID or a phone number for some weird reason.

I guess that using localbitcoins with javascript on is fine, unless you are doing something that might wake up the interest of governement agencies  Grin
Just remember to arrange those cash deals on a public place with a trusted trader and have a coffee or something.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Samw19 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:07:26 PM

I don't think localbitcoins uses JavaScript I may be wrong but I use qubes os and it's programmed so that no traffic is leaked - all traffic to the internet is routed through tor, and it seems to work on my qubes os desktop. So either JavaScript is being routed through tor or there is no JavaScript.

I'll have to look into it in more detail. And I may also switch to monero thanks for bringing it up- I thought dash was the most anonymous cryptocurrency
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: