Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:27:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be ban?  (Read 2571 times)
timcheerful1 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:44:18 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:53:31 PM

No, bitcoin can be tried to ban, but technically it's impossible to organize.
It is not possible to control, and therefore punish for using it.
Hence the ban is absolutely meaningless.
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:55:30 PM

The governments can try a lot of measures to ban it, but they will probably accomplish nothing more than pushing btc underground, which means governments will miss out on taxes. Due to this, it makes more sense for them to regulate it instead of outlawing it.

LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:57:55 PM

If you mean its banned from country,yes it can by making a regulation about it
But banning it from everyone is impossible,people will find a way or another to use it and nothing can stop that
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 02:01:20 PM

Technically, governments can ban the Bitcoin-related activities such as exchanging it against fiat currencies but practically it is impossible to do that in my opinion. In worst case scenario, the governments will try to monitor the transaction history of users by accessing a database of the domestic exchanges to determine the tax liability but I do see a rare chance of levying the complete restriction as I mentioned earlier.
Dadan

Activity: 788
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:03:07 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?
Maybe it's taking a long time ago that they have bitcoin since they're bigger people, but I think they will not be banned as long as many of them support bitcoin so you're less likely to think about it. But if you've ever banned this bitcoin for the first time, then let's just get it somehow for what we did when we worked on bitcoin.
lasry

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:04:46 PM

Yes and it just happened to some countries. they are trying to pursue on some laws that would prohibit us from using bitcoin. Because for we all know bitcoin can cause imbalance in the global market sooner or later. And to prevent that they will try to ban it. Since they wont have any authority to regulate its price by any means.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:05:40 PM

It depends on the country there are a lot of countries that see bitcoin as a threat to the economy. There are many theories about how this will affect the society, that's why many countries try to ban this cryptocurrency before it can conquer a country, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the bitcoin to the society. (It's just according to my theory or my own opinion)

POSITVE:
• It can help the economy or the society to reduce the unemployed.
• The price is changes from time to time.
• Anyone has an access to it.
• Easily transaction whenever you want, whenever you are and whoever you are.
• Low transaction fee.
• Can be use as a mode of payment.
• Many people can earn that can sustain their family.

NEGATIVE (This is probably some of the things I've considered as a threat to government)
• The black market may become powerful since we are anonymous in the internet we can make illegal transactions using bitcoin.
• Corrupt people may use bitcoin to hide their money.
• Some of the poor ones can't have an access to it. Because the minimum requirements is internet and gadget.
• They can't tax to users who earn bitcoin because we're anonymous and therefore the tax will be reduced and the government may fall.

So far here are some of the things in my mind about the effect of bitcoin to a certain country and if you're wondering what countries ban bitcoin you can check it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:06:25 PM

Technically, governments can ban the Bitcoin-related activities such as exchanging it against fiat currencies but practically it is impossible to do that in my opinion. In worst case scenario, the governments will try to monitor the transaction history of users by accessing a database of the domestic exchanges to determine the tax liability but I do see a rare chance of levying the complete restriction as I mentioned earlier.
The government has full power and they can do whatever they want. the government now considers Bitcoin a threat because the very fast price movement of bitcoins could disrupt the stability of the economy in their country. So the public should be able to play an active role to be able to socialize Bitcoin and never use Bitcoin to conduct illegal deeds because it can make integrity and trust in Bitcoin is increasing.
Mohamad Fiqri

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:06:47 PM

in the present, bitcoin is widely used, many people work using bitcoin, so if bitcoin is prohibited it will cause harm to many people
susyadav1

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:10:48 PM

No, bitcoin can be tried to ban, but technically it's impossible to organize. it is not impossible.   
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:11:02 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?

Yes, it's possible. Bitcoin can be banned from some countries but people who loved bitcoin will always find a way to use this. They can banned bitcoin, but the government or no one can ever stop us from using it. Even if they banned it, we will still surely use it. So banning bitcoin from countries will be useless. They can never control people.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:11:25 PM

I think a country's government has the power to bitcoin banning, but nobody can ban bitcoin for the whole world. So the answer can be yes, or not. Your question is too short, so I'm a bit confused to answer it. In essence, the government can ban bitcoin, but the world does not.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
simantobd

Activity: 162
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:12:27 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?
no it not possible.If internet can stop anyone,than might be it possible ban bitcoin. without that,its not possible.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:26:12 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?

Bitcoin already has banned by many government.Because many people are abusing it.Since bitcoin transactions are untraceable so many criminals are using bitcoin for their favour.In my country bitcoin is banned from 2014.And the law said if anyone found using bitcoin then he/she will sent to jail for 8 months atleast.

Our government has banned some bitcoin related site/wallet/exchange site etc.But still people are using bitcoin by VPN.

mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:35:45 PM

bitcoin can be ban but its rising cant be ban
its not only bitcoin its a part of blockchain.

saedasda

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:38:00 PM

I dont think that governments can be ban bitcoin. They can use word of mouth but they cannot stop us from trusting and loving bitcoin  Grin

w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:40:09 PM

They can't ban the network. But they don't need to. They just need to ban exchanges and make it illegal to cash out for fiat.
jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:47:16 PM

Governments wanted to ban it but it has happened that to the contrary effect people already see as an asset to bitcoin with a good investment and banks and governments are scared

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
adiksau0414

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:50:41 PM

Literally, some country already ban bitcoin like for example is China. If you want to indicate it as banning it worldwide, that is nearly impossible. Many country already adopt the main purpose and idea of bitcoin. As of now, people believe and trust bitcoin as their asset and for some as their extra earnings. If there are some people (or country) really have the urge to ban bitcoin, this could be war (not literally). There would be a lot of petition and protest that might emerge and misunderstanding between people who believes in bitcoin and to those who not might collide. Hopefully, this theory wont happen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: