Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be ban?  (Read 2575 times)
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:09:21 AM

Government can ban bitcoin yes, but stopping them or shutting down the network is somehow impossible since the distribution of node is all across the globe.  Aside from that, the community (present) of bitcoin is somehow huge and adoption keeps on coming.  Yet, as I said a government can ban Bitcoin anytime they wanted.
xectacoin

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:24:55 AM

Can Bitcoin be ban?
It is decentralized currency. It can be regulated but can never be completed away from you. Lets say you in your country without using VPN you cant use Facebook because it is banned by govt but you still see people use VPN to use facebook or any banned website. It can be monitored or taxed but no one can make it stop to own or use it.
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:29:52 AM

Its very difficult to totally suspend and ban bitcoin because of peer to peer system and anonymity. If it was that easy to ban it, USA would have been banned it 1 billions of times. but they failed to do that.
sarahtarczon

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:39:19 AM

bitcoin rightnow is banned in many coutries, but these are just developing countries and still very little because they dont have enough law enforcement to ban bitcoin, but i think it wont last for long because the world is legalizing bitcoin more and more.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:55:54 AM

bitcoin rightnow is banned in many coutries, but these are just developing countries and still very little because they dont have enough law enforcement to ban bitcoin, but i think it wont last for long because the world is legalizing bitcoin more and more.

True, a particular country may ban Bitcoin legally but cannot ban internet as a whole. Bitcoin is digital currency so monitoring the usage is bit difficult. Developing countries may ban Bitcoin due to their economy is measured in currency and cryptocurrency may lower their economy.
Heartseed

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:04:01 AM

Bitcoin cannot be banned but i can be prevented by the government to regulate and prohibit the people of that country. But trying to control bitcoin in order to ban it. I think it is not possible to do that. Since bitcoin is a complex mechanism it is very difficult to control it. Thys, the government can only prevent people by locsting them and imprison them.
whitemacna

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:21:23 AM

No, bitcoin can be tried to ban, but technically it's impossible to organize.The governments can try a lot of measures to ban it, but they will probably accomplish nothing more than pushing btc underground, which means governments will miss out on taxes. Due to this, it makes more sense for them to regulate it instead of outlawing it.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:34:45 AM

Can Bitcoin be ban?

I think can bitcoin be ban because other countries already banned the bitcoin in their country. If they want to banned the bitcoin they need to search the best computer veterans or IT. If you ask me if I want to ban the bitcoin in my country, I don't want to ban the bitcoin in my country because the bitcoin is my only source of income. Here in bitcoin I earned money to help my family/parents in our daily needs or daily expenses.
bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:41:22 AM

In our country, bitcoin is not prohibited, however, people do not accept bitcoin, so if you lose or get hacked, no one will protect you. And you can not find anyone who owns that bitcoin
russ26

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:54:32 AM

Bitcoin cannot be banned but governments can restrict exchanger websites in their country so people dont have where to buy or sell bitcoin.The government has full power and they can do whatever they want. the government now considers Bitcoin a threat because the very fast price movement of bitcoins could disrupt the stability of the economy in their country. Also for bitcoin not to be ban the people must use it in proper ways for the government not to ban it.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:00:26 AM

In some countries like north korea, it's possible to ban bitcoin
HodlingCaulfield

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:10:56 AM

Countries can ban bitcoin all they want but they can't stop it. Look at Venezuela and Zimbabwe. If you don't understand this, you don't have a basic understanding of bitcoin.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:24:48 AM

I have heard bitcoin is banned in Vietnam, people may get $8000 fine by using it, huge money ammount for vietnamese citizens. Well police is not able to spy for everyone, may be somone is still using it, but such laws can stop majority of users
How are they going to spy each and every citizen making a bitcoin transaction,they cannot run an exchange inside the country and it might be difficult for the average citizens to get the coins or convert their coins to fiat currency,they can still use the exchanges outside the country and they could wire the money back to their home country. Wink
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:25:08 AM

Bitkoyn can be banned at the level of an individual state by issuing appropriate regulations. True, the implementation of such a ban will be associated with enormous efforts, costs and difficulties. So far, in the world, there are, as far as I know, a ban on the use and use of bitcoins in five countries, mainly with a weak economy or an authoritarian regime.
     In general, no one will be able to prohibit bitcoins all over the world, since bitkoyn has already firmly entered our life and has a significant impact on the economy of most countries.

Is this question serious. What does it mean can it be ban? It has been banned already in different countries or controlled with regulations. It can be banned but question would be how would it effect bitcoin. Answer is it doesn't effect anyhow.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 11:34:48 AM

It all up on what you think and what you accept. Already world is entering into new era of economics and finance, which bring real change in coming future in businesses to offer better services. Also USA and Japan shows deep interest in Bitcoins by allowing Bitcoin payments. All these things leading towards acceptance.

But still if user think that its all things are crappy, then its time to re-educate yourself with proper sources about what is Bitcoin and its environment.
klebsiella

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:51:21 PM

Yes, bitcoin can be ban, in fact I think there is about 8 or 10 countries now where bitcoin is banned. Reasons vary. Some might want to protect their national currency, ignorance or fear that some might use it fund crimes or other illegal activities or acts of terrorism.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:02:42 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?
I think in somw country bitcoin is not legal because they hate this some goverments said that bitcoin is a fraud only so  thats why some country bitcoin is not legal i'm thankful because bitcoin is legal in my country because this is very profitable.
buiting

Activity: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:29:31 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?

yes if all stop mining network will be so slowly and bitcoin will lost it’s value"you have bitcoin and can use it".

this is looks like impossible.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:21:36 PM

Can Bitcoin be ban?

Technically speaking, governments can ban those Bitcoin-related activities such as exchanging it against fiat currencies but practically sense it is impossible to do that in my opinion. But if it is banned, people will always find a way to use it no matter what. In worst case scenario, the government will try to monitor the transaction history of users by accessing a database of the domestic exchanges to determine the tax liability but I do see a rare chance of making the complete restriction as I mentioned earlier.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:46:59 PM

i think its impossible to ban bitcoin. bitcoin is decentralized. its blockchain database has spread around the world. how can you ban it completely?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: