Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN or ETHEREUM?  (Read 3462 times)
JumboCactuar (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:36:49 PM

Hi,
I feel bitcoin is too expensive to invest in atm, i was close to buying 5BTC back in September but thought it was expensive then (what a mistake)

I know it could still rise a lot more but with what i have available to invest, isn't gonna be life changing for me.

So I'm looking to invest and hodl altcoins and a lot of people seem to have faith in ETH even though the network had had problems recently.

Anyone think it still has good potential to rise a lot?
ismadanniel

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:42:04 PM

if u having 20k to invest and u have choice on choosing btc with price 20k org eth with price 500 i will go for eth .because increasing 500$ will profit 100% on eth while on btc $5%(maybe) ..it depends on the price increase

Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:04:03 PM

You are not late. Now also you can invest in both bitcoin and ethereum if you have money. Because definitely the price of these coins will rise. And I am 100% sure  by the end of this year bitcoin's price will definitely cross 30000 dollars and ethereum's price will touch will touch 1000 dollars. Waves is also a good investment option.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
RahulRana

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:11:02 PM

Bitcoin is a good digital currency or cryptocurrency.        Now also you can invest in both bitcoin and ethereum if you have money. Because definitely the price of these coins will rise.
JumboCactuar (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:11:24 PM

You are not late. Now also you can invest in both bitcoin and ethereum if you have money. Because definitely the price of these coins will rise. And I am 100% sure  by the end of this year bitcoin's price will definitely cross 30000 dollars and ethereum's price will touch will touch 1000 dollars. Waves is also a good investment option.

for me, it is too late at this price. I cant invest in 1+ BTC

so if example i get 0.1BTC which says is currently > $1561

if BTC hit 100k its only over 6.6x profit (around $10,000)

not really life changing and could take years to reach 100k
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:19:14 PM

Hi,
I feel bitcoin is too expensive to invest in atm, i was close to buying 5BTC back in September but thought it was expensive then (what a mistake)

I know it could still rise a lot more but with what i have available to invest, isn't gonna be life changing for me.

So I'm looking to invest and hodl altcoins and a lot of people seem to have faith in ETH even though the network had had problems recently.

You can still buy it, but you will get lower amount then before, i would recommend you to look at different altcoins if you are intrested in something different, look at top 25 altcoins and chose which one in your mind have better techonology and composition, I think it can be neo, monero, iota, ripple, eth

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:22:46 PM

if u having 20k to invest and u have choice on choosing btc with price 20k org eth with price 500 i will go for eth .because increasing 500$ will profit 100% on eth while on btc $5%(maybe) ..it depends on the price increase

Though eth increases its price. It is still not stable, it will still go down without your expectation that may cause you to lose a big amount of money you invest. I still suggest investing bitcoins. Bitcoins price is down for a while. If you have 20k its enough to buy bitcoins now since its price is low. Just hold it until its price goes up again and I asure that you will get return on investment if you sell it at high price.

404 Not Found
JumboCactuar (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:26:14 PM

Hi,

You can still buy it, but you will get lower amount then before, i would recommend you to look at different altcoins if you are intrested in something different, look at top 25 altcoins and chose which one in your mind have better techonology and composition, I think it can be neo, monero, iota, ripple, eth

i got 1000x stellar lumens (XLM) it looks to have good potential and really cheap currently
also looking into IOTA and EOS which still are fairly cheap but look promising

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Hi,
I feel bitcoin is too expensive to invest in atm, i was close to buying 5BTC back in September but thought it was expensive then (what a mistake) I know it could still rise a lot more but with what i have available to invest, isn't gonna be life changing for me. So I'm looking to invest and hodl altcoins and a lot of people seem to have faith in ETH even though the network had had problems recently. Anyone think it still has good potential to rise a lot?

I have both Bitcoin and Ethereum so I would say that both can be good choices but if you preferred Ethereum so be it since it is also another amazing altcoin with a good potential to rise more. I am predicting that soon Eth can go as high as $1000 which i know that many Eth hodlers are wishing for. I am suggesting that yous till buy some Bitcoin but concentrate more on Ethereum...this way there is still some diversification involved in your portfolio.
JumboCactuar (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:32:31 PM

Though eth increases its price. It is still not stable, it will still go down without your expectation that may cause you to lose a big amount of money you invest. I still suggest investing bitcoins. Bitcoins price is down for a while. If you have 20k its enough to buy bitcoins now since its price is low. Just hold it until its price goes up again and I asure that you will get return on investment if you sell it at high price.

ye i dont have 20k to invest, if so i would probably get 1BTC and the rest into altcoins.
maybe 5-8k at most
dotcomwriter

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:34:38 PM

I think it is not too late investing in etherium now. Remember in 2011 1btc was just $17.56, six years later, 1btc is over $15,000! Investing in btw now is lucrative, but investing is etherium may be better, though it requires patience.

For quality cryptocurrency contents, kindly contact me. Thank you.
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:34:47 PM

Bitcoin/BTC: Bitcoin is fastest growing crypto currency which can change life of people in a seconds. But remember it's up to you that how much you are investing.
Ethereum/ETH: ETH is 2nd fastest growing crypto currency but the best thing it is less than 500$ USD it's time to invest in ETH to see ETH like bitcoin and become even more rich.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
kalodu

Activity: 106

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:39:44 PM

It definitely does and there are already scaling solutions on the horizon. Also remember the viable of ethereum is not just based on using it as a currency but also the fact that hundreds of different tokens use the network supporting demand for ETH.

Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:11:02 PM

Hi,

What a very tragic mistake. However, it's in the past now and it does not matter anymore. The things that matter now is what you would invest in.
BTC, in my part, is still profitable to invest in. You thought twice about investing in Bitcoin then because it was expensive then why would you think twice again because of the price. Bitcoin's direction is upward and you have to remember that.

Ethereum could be a good option and I personally like ETH as well. BCH is also promising today. I am pretty interested in buying BCH now than any other cryptocurrency (except BTC of course).

If you are firm about ETH then go for it. ETH has a great potential and it might go even higher as well.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:12:49 PM

Hi,

Absolutely. After bitcoin, this is the best coin to invest and hold for a long time. It has a huge upside potential in long run. ETH introduced a lot later than bitcoin but with time and global acceptability, it has now became the main contender of bitcoin. The market cap of ETH is the second best in the crypto market and no other coin is even close to it. The trade volume is huge which shows the public interest is still strong for ETH. So your decision to invest in ETH is a good one. Go ahead with it.

TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:14:57 PM

"I feel bitcoin is too expensive to invest in atm,"

What does this even mean. Are you trying to say it is over evaluated? a 5% increase in a coin, is the same regardless of the price. Ex: If you have $1k and buy a coin thats 1k, or buy a coin that is $1. If they both go up 5% then you have made the same amount of money. BTC has shown that it has really good returns, especially this year.

You can buy fractions of coins, so you really need to analyze coins and not look so much into their price. Look at the market cap and try and speculate the growth with your risk management plan etc

Positivebetting
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:21:24 PM

My suggestion if you have enough capital, then 50% Btc and 50% Eth.karena I think Eth also has a good future although Eth is still fairly good.
so quickly invest before you regret for the second time.
Do not hesitate to move sure and steady then success will accompany you.

Meycell

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:22:17 PM

Hi,

of course bitcoin. bitcoin is true long investment . so the best choice to buy and saving or hold is you have to saving bitcoin
and i think the bitcoin price in future will be up so hard so prepare to take profit from now
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:24:48 PM

Hi,

First of all i would like to add that, you are already late in investing in crypto's. But there is nothing to worry as there is lot of room present even now, and you can go for investing in bitcoin as it is huge demand even after crossing the 10k price value. This is all because the bitcoin and its technology is been used by increasing number of participation which brings the huge demand of it in the market and i recommend you to go with bitcoin for now.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
brontosaurus

Activity: 441

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:31:52 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 06:20:14 AM by brontosaurus

I invested a whole lot of amount in ethereum just a few months back but still regretting the decision my money would have grown much more if kept it in just bitcoin. But for a much longer term I feel ethereum is ultimate. It support numerous alts over it. It has a swift blockchain (mostly) and a much lower fees too. So all in all its ultimate to keep your money in ETH for long term it has a lot of potential to grow much more. However I strongly think that both of them are good in their own perspectives as they have some pecuilar features.

Bitcoin - The gold standard in cryptocurrency, scarce supply and in high demand, it will prove especially useful for people living in impoverished, poor or corrupt countries, it is a global currency so it retains it value regardless of the politics your country faces. Bitcoin could be a way for people from third world countries to pay for services and goods reliably for a fair price without government interference.

Ethereum - Blockchain development platform, many new cryptocurrencies, applications, programs and even new blockchains will be born and funded thanks to Ethereum. If this was a Gold rush then Ethereum would be the guy selling shovels and pickaxes to the miners.
Hi,

of course bitcoin. bitcoin is true long investment . so the best choice to buy and saving or hold is you have to saving bitcoin
and i think the bitcoin price in future will be up so hard so prepare to take profit from now
Bitcoin might be the best because it has certain long term advantage but once a person invest in bitcoin he immediately realizes that ethereum is destined to have much more gains in long term.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: