Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:10:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is altcoin  (Read 288 times)
Smpdytz (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:42:18 PM

Everyone is talking many about altcoins but i dont have an idea about what is the altcoin.can someone explain me about altcoin
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:45:26 PM

Everyone is talking many about altcoins but i dont have an idea about what is the altcoin.can someone explain me about altcoin

"altcoin" refers to a crytpocurrency other than Bitcoin. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, everything is is considered an alternative cryptocurrency or "alt coin".

There are nearly 1,000 cryptocurrencies. Most of them are rubbish - weak business plans, thin trading market, or just pump and dump schemes. But about 10-20 are promising cryptocurrencies, and maybe another 30 are capable  of achieving that status. Stay away from the rest!
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:52:48 PM

Alternate coins are branded alternate because they are also like bitcoin but they work in other terms in the same way as bitcoin. Ethereum is a alternate coin which is also like bitcoin and it is also really useful in the cryptocurrency world. Bitcoin is part of cryptocurrency and so is alternate coins. We call them alternate coins because there are so many of them to be named individually.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:56:32 PM

altcoin is the name of other crypto coins. I think you should read a lot about crypto.
if you really want to be more focused, you should spend a lot of time digging up knowledge and experience about crypto.
JumboCactuar

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:57:20 PM

Litecoin and Ethereum seem to be the most popular but are there any newish ones (real low current price) which have good potential?

Would be good to know what altcoins people are investing in
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:59:27 PM

"altcoin" refers to a crytpocurrency other than Bitcoin. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, everything is is considered an alternative cryptocurrency or "alt coin".

There are nearly 1,000 cryptocurrencies. Most of them are rubbish - weak business plans, thin trading market, or just pump and dump schemes. But about 10-20 are promising cryptocurrencies, and maybe another 30 are capable  of achieving that status. Stay away from the rest!
It seems to me that should stay away from altcoins always. Their price is very difficult to predict, therefore they are not suitable for investment for a long period. Altcoins is a tool for those who can trade on the bitcoin exchange. It seems to me that the novice will be difficult to deal with altcoins so you should start with bitcoins. You will be less likely to make a mistake.
FrobTeam

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:00:43 PM

Altcoins are the coins that become possible thanks to the technology used behind Bitcoin. The first digital currency. Because the code was open source; anyone could read it or use it. As such the blockchain technology got adapted into other coins which we refer to as Alt Coins.
kiboloves

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:04:14 PM

I think altcoin coins can be invested. If you have some experience, you can consider investing some altcoin coins. Some coins in early growth have great potential.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:16:46 PM

Altcoin are the cryptocurrencies launched after success of bitcoins. They are alternatives to bitcoin. For eg Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, Feathercoin, Zetacoin, Novacoin, etc. Altcoins are built up on the basic framework provided by Bitcoins. Litecoin is one of the first altcoin and biggest competitor of bitcoin. If bitcoin is gold the litecoin is silver. Altcoins indirectly helping bitcoin developers to improve its operations. If mood of bitcoin investors changes then these altcoins will be their best option.   
nix_7878

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:41:34 PM

Altcoin is stand for alternative cryptocurrency, bitcoin is the first ever made cryptocurrency then the following cryptocurrencies is called altcoin because it has all the same system based on bitcoin.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:57:54 PM

This thread is spamming always many time it will repeated in this forum. Altcoins is a cryptocurrency it is alternative in Bitcoin. In Bitcoin is first invented cryptocurrency others are created in later. In alternative cryptocurrency is a altcoins. In first altcoin is a namecoin. It was introduced in January 2011. If you want to know accurately you should learn Namecoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:00:48 PM

Simply means "alternative" coin to bitcoin. Although some people have different associations, and consider any coin with utility not a altcoin. What ever floats your boat though.

Positivebetting
bitofc

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:01:05 PM

other cryptocurrency aside from bitcoin.  for example ETH, LTC, DASH, XEM are considered altcoin.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:02:35 PM

Altcoin is a name that means "something other than Bitcoin." These coins have various niche uses and are gradually moving into the mainstream.

An example is Goldcoin. It's something that could be attractive to central banks. Central banks around the world are aware that the international monetary system is moving away from the US dollar and that the role of cryptocurrencies will become much greater in the future. However, sudden shocks could bring the global economy into free fall.

Therefore, central banks will have no choice but to accumulate crypto reserves. Goldcoin (GLD) is ideally suited for use as a reserve currency by central banks because it's built on the original Nakamoto protocol and has been fully hardened by our 51% defense system.

Hope this helps to answer your question. Just be careful; it's a wild wild west out there in altcoin land!  Cool
yanetriwidia

Activity: 229
Merit: 2

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentrali

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:23:29 PM

The length of Altcoin is alternativecoin.
which means coin-coin other than bitcoin.
The purpose of making altcoin is to cover the weakness of bitcoin. namely the limited number of bitcoin in circulation. then the altcoin is made.

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentralize The Chatting Industry
visit : www.hypnoxys.com
ritik01

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:18:00 PM

Altcoin is the small form of Alternative. Altcoins are referred to as Bitcoin alternatives because, at least to some extent, most altcoins hope to either
replace or improve upon at least one Bitcoin component.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:24:35 PM

Will for me in my own opinion im a  beginner of this forum that altcoins  is only an alternative coins to used  in cryptocurrency world for trading and exchanging purposes,or in the other terms it is a digital currency used in other transaction instead of using money.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:25:03 PM

alternative + coin = altcoin. Other no-Bitcoin coins, Ethereum - altcoin too
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:25:14 PM

In simple word we can say Altcoins are Alternative coins (Cryptocurrency Coins) used instead of Bitcoins, and which can be evaluated in price of Bitcoins.

As we see there are number of altcoins based on various algorithms are currently present in market, each of altcoins have its own specific importance and value in cryptomarket. Ethereum, DASH, Monero, Stellar are some of best examples of altcoins.
ZaynDale

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:35:06 PM

Altcoin or Alternative coin is a term used in general for other form of cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin. Which means these altcoins have their own currency, others are greater than bitcoin but mostly are smaller than bitcoin. Naming Litecoin, Dash, Dodge coin, Ethrerium, Monero and many many more. These altcoins are also divisible. Some are easy to get but has only a small equivalent to dollar or other currencies.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: