Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:11:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Bitcoin Will Be Best High Growth Investment 2018 according to Forbes.com***  (Read 180 times)
worldwide100 (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:47:14 PM

Five Reasons Bitcoin Will Be Your Best High-Growth Investment For 2018 according to Forbes.com

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2017/11/27/five-reasons-bitcoin-will-be-your-best-high-growth-investment-for-2018/#5897b63347e8
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16673

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 04:30:48 PM

If Forbes.com publishes an article, I don't think that necessarily means Forbes.com stands behind the article. This article for instance was written by Chris Kline ("Co-founder and COO at Bitcoin IRA"). Given his job description, of course he has high hopes for Bitcoin next year.

His number his arguments
1. Bitcoin’s Adoption Will Explode In 2018
2. Formal Regulatory Oversight Will Flood The Market With Institutional Money
3. Disruption Of The Status Quo Will Continue
(Forbes.com doesn't show the last 2 pages, so I can't see the next arguments)

Although I agree #2 can result in a large flow of money into Bitcoin, I don't expect #1 to happen. Bitcoin doesn't scale, blocks are full, transactions are expensive, and it simply can't handle more new users. Bitcoin currently has less than 25 million funded addresses. Most of them hold less than 0.001BTC, which currently isn't even enough to pay the transaction fee you need to use it.
That leaves just over 11 million addresses in use. I don't know how many addresses the average person uses, but it will be at least a few. That leaves at most a few million people who own Bitcoin, and this has pushed Bitcoin to it's limits for a long time already.
Without a scaling solution (Lightning Network?), Bitcoin's adoption simply can't grow much.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: