Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:55:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Wallets  (Read 307 times)
Liberty JC Infowarrior (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:17:38 PM

Hi.

This is my first time posting on this board so I figured I'd introduce myself and ask a question that's probably already been asked and answered somewhere among the millions of threads here.

I recently within the past year downloaded Coinbase and over time bought 7 litecoins. Needless to say I'm glad I did. Of course I want to slam my head against the wall every time I watch the price
of Bitcoin go up to where it is today and wish I had a friggin time machine.  DOC!!!!  lol but anyway , I'm looking for advice on what other coin wallets are good for buying cryptocurrencies other that
the only 3 that coinbase supports. 

I am as new to this as I was to the internet in 2003 and that was back when I didn't even know how to copy and paste.   Yeah , I was that computer illiterate.

Thanks in advance.
zchprm

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:45:13 AM

Myetherwallet and exodus are the ones i suggest for now. It is a good and safe wallet.

IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:05:10 AM

Dear author of this publication, it all depends on what you want to buy and store. For tokens it all depends on which block they are made on. For coins, there are purses on the official website. So first understand what you want and continue to find out where it's safer to store!
luffare

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:23:29 AM

Myetherwallet and exodus are the ones i suggest for now. It is a good and safe wallet.
Exodus is a multicryptocurrencies wallet and it will let you hold such cryptos as BTC, LTC, ETH, ETC, EOS, DASH etc.
The advice to use Myetherwallet is more proper to them who participate in bounties, airdrops and ICOs and let you receive ETH and so called ERC20 tokens.
By the way, Exodus use ShapeShift to make exchanges between cryptos you hold in this wallet.

Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:46:02 AM

Exodus wallet its not just a bitcoin wallet, its a blockchain assets wallet. Which means we can store BTC,LTC,ETH,DASH and Dodge coins together in this wallet. Myether wallet is also good for store coins.

Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:51:04 AM

there different and many wallets you can create but as a new to this area i advice you to create one at MEW my etherwallet which give you a direct link with its own exchange etherdelta and there are many wallets you can create.
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:04:54 PM

i suggest coinomi but not all coin is listed there . and take note every coin have their own wallet you can download it and its much safer because you own the private key  than using 3rd party wallet . and its better also to tell us what kind of coin you want to stored.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
HunterBTC

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:38:49 PM

As I discussed in the previous topic, for a coin purse from Altcoin you can use from MyEtherWallet site with very locks you can store inside your phone or PC. The second you can get from Playstore if you use android smartphone named iMtoken both wallets it is safe enough to save your coin or your altcoin tokens
Thaoan

Activity: 32
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:36:46 PM

Myetherwallet is best for ETH and token in etherium! I used for all may ETH and token! Is best to used wallet without download blockchain and big data!
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:47:11 PM

Hi.

This is my first time posting on this board so I figured I'd introduce myself and ask a question that's probably already been asked and answered somewhere among the millions of threads here.

I recently within the past year downloaded Coinbase and over time bought 7 litecoins. Needless to say I'm glad I did. Of course I want to slam my head against the wall every time I watch the price
of Bitcoin go up to where it is today and wish I had a friggin time machine.  DOC!!!!  lol but anyway , I'm looking for advice on what other coin wallets are good for buying cryptocurrencies other that

I am as new to this as I was to the internet in 2003 and that was back when I didn't even know how to copy and paste.   Yeah , I was that computer illiterate.

Thanks in advance.
the multicurrency wallet will be suitable for you, just like exodus, jaxx or coinomi. you can try to save various coin or token in there. But remember to keep your data still safe. You need to do the more effort to search for the best multi-currency wallet.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:01:10 PM

My favorite desktop wallet is exodus and eden.. My favorite mobile wallet is Coinomi. They are both very good multi currency wallets.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:15:58 PM

i am surprised nobody said hardware wallets here!

anyways, if you are willing to spend a little money and get a secure wallet and don't have to worry about creating one yourself, then buy a hardware wallet like Trezor. they support multiple cryptocurrencies and you can store them in it and enjoy their securities.

other than that, there are light wallets, specially for Litecoin that you already own like Electrum which is an SPV wallet. you can download, install and if you want even use them as a cold storage if you run them on an offline system. you can also use Electrum with your Trezor as its interface to send transactions.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
GR92

Activity: 126
Merit: 90

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:24:36 PM

I guess, that the Myetherwallet is the most comfortable wallet
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:38:34 PM

it all depends on you.
indeed of all the wallets that I choose is MEW.
it all feels easy to use and the transaction is also fast.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:45:18 PM

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
your questions remind me of the first time I joined this forum and at that time I not only did not know about what wallet I should use to store my coins or tokens but I am also very blind with this kind of thing and eventually my friend suggested so I use my local bitcoin wallet in my country. and since then I used a local bitcoin wallet to store the bitcoin I had. and I just want to share my experience with you that you can use local bitcoin wallet in your country. but besides that you can use MyEtherWallet to save or do a trading activity because MyEtherWallet is pretty good and safe enough.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:53:42 PM

If you are holding many altcoins and want a safe wallet to hold all the funds together then Ledge Nano S is for you. Although there is a price for it which you will have to pay since the wallet is a hardware wallet there will be an assurity that the coins will be safe in that wallet.
The Ledge Nano S natively supports these coins BTC, BCH, BTG, ETH, ETC, DASH, DOGE, LTC, NEO, XRP etc... More details can be found here : https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005304449-Which-altcoins-and-tokens-are-supported-by-the-Ledger-products-
You can also use myetherwallet to hold all the ERC20 tokens within it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
khaldrogon

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:04:12 PM

try to use coinomi, coinomi has features to export private key and you are free to sell coin via shapeshift. it is better than the other
sunno330

Activity: 406

homt.net

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:06:29 PM

I also support it. Metamask, Jaxx, Myetherwallet also offers a lot of good service. I liked it very much. Private key wallets are much safer.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
r1se

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:08:24 PM

lol
Diller5

Activity: 322
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:16:05 PM

Now I use Myetherwallet, and I also want to buy Ledger nano S for storage
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:20:50 PM

Good question by the way.
Need to keep in mind that there are two types of wallets...the exchange wallets and regular wallets. If you plan on purchasing from ICOs you need regular wallet as you cannot use exchange ones.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:21:00 PM

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

Myetherwallet is the best wallet ever, there's many option in choosing wallet in MEW. They have offered nano ledger wallet and trexo wallet for offline system and it is a hardware wallet. They have a solid securities not to easily leak your wallet because you need to download your private key. ERC20 altcoins also stored at this. So, don't you afraid if you have already this wallet a multi sytem wallet.

Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:26:14 PM

Good question by the way.
Need to keep in mind that there are two types of wallets...the exchange wallets and regular wallets. If you plan on purchasing from ICOs you need regular wallet as you cannot use exchange ones.

For ether, parity and mist are good and safe ones. For bitcoin, you need paper wallets for maximum security.

For erc20 tokens, parity and mist are still good. For litecoin, litecoin core wallet is the best. This goes like this. Use official wallets if possible.
NeonXL

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:32:43 PM

I prefer to use Ledger for ETH-hodling (only big sums) and MeW for tokens, it`s easy, simple and safety. Never use exchanges addresses!!! This threatens the loss of money.

shulc7

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:23:41 AM

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

I prefer Coinomi wallet. This is multicurrency instrument for stable work. I work with it more than a year. There are many others wallets which I tried but Coinomi is my best. Try it and comment.
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:34:49 AM

The safest place to keep your coins would be a hardware wallet like Nano Ledger S or Trezor. But they cost money and if you want a free one you could go with either Jaxx or Exodus wallets, they are great and support more than 1 coin. And if those wallets I just mentioned don't support your coins then you should go to the projects development page and download a wallet from there, just be sure to use virustotal before you do so, there's a lot of new projects with wallets infected with viruses just waiting to steal your precious coins.
GabrielPontello

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:38:05 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 02:28:03 PM by GabrielPontello

Now I use Myetherwallet, and I also want to buy Ledger nano S for storage

So do I, I mean I am already using MEW and Nano Ledger together, but could someone tell something more about Exodus? I am curious and I have never heard of it.
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:48:42 PM

Hi there. If you have some % for buy and hold strategy you should use hardware cold storage wallet like trezor, but i advise you to use Ledger Nano S? it's flashdrive size multicrypto hardware wallet with small lcd display.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
VestRidCr

Activity: 392

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:56:57 PM

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

Myetherwallet is the best wallet ever, there's many option in choosing wallet in MEW. They have offered nano ledger wallet and trexo wallet for offline system and it is a hardware wallet. They have a solid securities not to easily leak your wallet because you need to download your private key. ERC20 altcoins also stored at this. So, don't you afraid if you have already this wallet a multi sytem wallet.

Myetherwallet plus the hardware wallet, for example Ledger (https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s) is the most correct and reliable decision. And Ledger's price very humane - only 58 euro + delivery. I strongly recommend, you will not regret.

alexpayne

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:57:32 PM

For safety, you should use hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S, because it can store many altcoins as well as token, and when you unplug it from your computor or laptop, no one can steal it.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:58:26 PM

Hi there. If you have some % for buy and hold strategy you should use hardware cold storage wallet like trezor, but i advise you to use Ledger Nano S? it's flashdrive size multicrypto hardware wallet with small lcd display.

Hardware wallet and paying for cold storage usage and all cost consumption option but simply having desktop wallet will be secure your bitcoins you saved will be safe and you can import your fund to different wallet at anytime.
Online wallets are not secures if you logged in with the surfing incorrect link or hacker attact means also you will loose your money from the wallet.
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:02:51 PM

because it looks like you are a beginner I think you can use myetherwallet, but for the future you can also use exodus, there are some nice features in exodus that you can not find in myetherwallet
Xiomara

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:06:47 PM

really good question!
now many wallets were have created thus it's unclear where is better to keep crypto.
I was looking for a wallet on Appstore and most of them had bad reviews.
realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:07:27 PM

If I'm right, you are looking not for wallets, but for exchanges, where you can buy tokens. For buying and trading, I'm using bittrex, bitfinex, hitbtc, liqui. And for holdings I use cold wallet Ledger Nano S.
You can check this things out.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
dcvmarvel

Activity: 71

Truegame

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:18:10 PM

I like MEW (myetherwallet). Safe and erc20 compatible.

anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:31:30 PM

I like MEW (myetherwallet). Safe and erc20 compatible.
Yes. MEW is very easy to use and you can keep almost altcoin in MEW but be careful when you access to your MEW wallet cause there are some fake website with the domain almost the same with MEW and there are a lot of people fell into this trap and lost all their cryptocurrencies in their MEW. Beside you can use exchange to keep your altcoin as well, it's also very secure.

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:43:54 AM

Everyone has his own experience of using different wallets for his holdings. My experience in this regard is blockchain and I found it very safe, secure and authentic and the way of transferring is also very good and appreciable. I think people should use those coin wallets which they trust the most. First each all the wallet providers and then decide in which you want to keep your coin.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:27:10 AM

It  defends on the coins that are compatible fir thier wallet like erc20 compatible to the myrtherwallet.There a lot of wallet that we uses for storing our coins like coinbase waves wallet and others.
zackthemack

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:34:45 AM

Use for daytrading a web wallet like mew, for mid term use desktop wallets like exodus. And for long term coins use a hardware or paperwallet.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: