Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What you got for about $200? can i get a power supply etc too?  (Read 174 times)
Tomas8878 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:50:45 PM

Just wanting to know if anyone wants to do some cleaning and give me some good prices and be ready for a new year as will i with a miner, power supply etc.  If it needs rasberry i need to know.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:04:12 PM

wat  Huh
plur

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:36:32 PM

for $200 anything you buy is purely educational and gonna lose you money to run.
gecox22

Activity: 778
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:14:59 PM

for $200 anything you buy is purely educational and gonna lose you money to run.

I don't understand why most users say that. I bought a couple of s5's and a S7 for 550 a few months ago they have already paid for them self's and then some. It just all depends on what you mine and how you use the profit. But Most of my mining power is free so that helps a lot as well.

Tomas8878 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:19:14 PM

Ok so you are using a pool?  i was just thinking something that didn't use as many watts and or one that does good mining but more used.  Do you have a fan problem with your? I did see a gridseed but i guess they would be ok to begin with.
gecox22

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:29:51 PM

Ok so you are using a pool?  i was just thinking something that didn't use as many watts and or one that does good mining but more used.  Do you have a fan problem with your? I did see a gridseed but i guess they would be ok to begin with.

I used to be in pool mining but I switch to another coin that I could solo mine.So I put up a local pool and solo mine the coins with my 2 s5's and 2 s7's.

I do have some fan issues but nothing that causes the miners any harm on the s7's The logs just say it cant control the speed of one fan but it is still cooling just fine. You can find some good equipment for 200 bucks just need to watch for people selling it. It goes quick. Every one know on here what the prices should be and some of the long time users sell there used equipment fairly priced. Just have to watch for it.

Tomas8878 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:35:14 PM

Yeah i was wanting to begin kinda slow as low funds.  Also thought someone on here could have something they just wanted to sell too.  THanks for your help.  I thought the fans would be kinda loud or others say they are.  So the s5's have built in controllers do the s7's too?  Some of them look good but then don't come with power supply to so that's another hundred and puts everything in a different cost perspective of i could get something better for same money with one. Smiley Grin
gecox22

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:52:04 PM

Yeah i was wanting to begin kinda slow as low funds.  Also thought someone on here could have something they just wanted to sell too.  THanks for your help.  I thought the fans would be kinda loud or others say they are.  So the s5's have built in controllers do the s7's too?  Some of them look good but then don't come with power supply to so that's another hundred and puts everything in a different cost perspective of i could get something better for same money with one. Smiley Grin

S5 and s7 have there owner controller. Don't think you have to buy a expensive power supply. All my power supply's are like 10 to 20 bucks bucks off amazon. Just 1000 watt server PSU. or 1200 watt server PSU.

The fans on the s7 and s5 are kinda loud but I have mine turned down to around 25% on the s7 and 35% on the s5's. I also don't max out the miners ether so they last longer. My s7's are running around 3.7 ths and s5's around 900 ghs to 1.2ths. Temps on the s5's are lower 50's during the day below at night and s7's hover around mid 60's.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: