Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:17:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think that ripple is the future  (Read 1616 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:17:55 PM

And that those who are against just don't think by themself. Only few people are able to see ripple potential yet.
mateo

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:15:45 PM

I don't think this is the right category for such a thread.
And as far as I understand, It's a centralized currency, controlled by OpenCoin or whatever they're called.

BTC to the moon!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:17:15 PM

For those who don't know.. mah87 has been one of the more consistent Ripple shills.
mjosephs

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:06:41 AM

For those who don't know.. mah87 has been one of the more consistent Ripple shills.

For those who don't know... there are more Ripple shills than anybody is able to keep track of.

Yay more scamcoins.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:01:11 AM

No way! Thank you mr obvious.

For those who don't now TradeFortress is absoluteley against ripple and running ripplescam.org. I invite everybody to read his retarted argument.
apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:56:21 AM

It is interesting to hear that ripple is scam from TradeFortress mouth ... He is most hated person in that community, because he simply scammed bunch(I mean something close to 100) of newbies that were trying to try out ripple system.

Now on other part - talking about ripple in this forum is not a good idea. This is for people who only consider complete decentralized and opensource projects, which ripple isn't. So bringing up ripple in here is suicide.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:06:56 AM

It is interesting to hear that ripple is scam from TradeFortress mouth ... He is most hated person in that community, because he simply scammed bunch(I mean something close to 100) of newbies that were trying to try out ripple system.

Now on other part - talking about ripple in this forum is not a good idea. This is for people who only consider complete decentralized and opensource projects, which ripple isn't. So bringing up ripple in here is suicide.

Some people are not that close minded. And I agree that ripple need to be opensource but the code will be released. It's just it's in beta and they want to have a stable protocol before spreading it.
shinkicker

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:12:43 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 09:44:11 AM by shinkicker

And that those who are against just don't think by themself. Only few people are able to see ripple potential yet.

I think many things too, but without providing any compelling facts on why I believe my statement to be the case, how can't I expect others to see otherwise..i.e. this post has no value at all, apart from to you or others who already feel the same.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:57:39 AM

I think many things too, but without providing any compelling facts on why I believe my statement to be the case, how can't I expect others to see otherwise..i.e. this post has no value at all, apart from to you or others who already feel the same.

Just read about it on the forum/wiki. Not only the retarded arguments on ripplescam.org
Pokerfan

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:58:45 AM

Ripple is centralized closed source payment system. I don't see anything revolutionary about it.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:03:23 AM

Ripple is centralized closed source payment system. I don't see anything revolutionary about it.

Cause you only read retarded argument on ripplescam.org.

It is closed source yet because the protocol is being build.
apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:14:59 AM

Some people are not that close minded. And I agree that ripple need to be opensource but the code will be released. It's just it's in beta and they want to have a stable protocol before spreading it.

You simply have chosen wrong forum, here you will find only people who believe in opensource and DECENTRALIZED things. Only thing you will get here is a lot of hate.

Don't get me wrong, I am ripple supporter and keep most of my digital investments in it, but this forum section is for decentralized, opensource altcoins. Forum itself is for decentralized, opensource bitcoin. Discussing rippe in here is simply wrong and this topic will be big hate and swear words library for next generations.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:20:23 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 10:31:01 AM by digitalindustry

ok - mah87

explain Ripple to me so I understand it in a single post - {a success is an explanation that i can then explain it to someone with no exposure to Crypto}

if you fail , that's the 3rd fail -

1. closed source
2. centralized
3. no peer support , not transparent .

if you consequently come back to me and say  "its not your job to explain Ripple to me"

also consider that a failure, then sell what Ripple you have.

just a final note did you know that the "Economics" you may have learned in School or University is not "Economics" at all but a complex jumbled mess that tries to distract from a simplistic economic system that was obviously heading for failure , this resulted in the "Economics of Finance" basically the death of economics - why I'm telling you this is because complex systems usually equate back to something that is simply a scam, that is the case with most "economics" in the 21st century , so the longer ripple stays "complex" the longer it looks like a scam.

the way Crypto is evolving, Ripple will be forgotten by this time in one year.  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:30:15 AM

on another note i'd like to make a Comment about Bitcointalk.org -

I have to say Bitcointalk.org for a branded forum has surprised me in a good way with its lack of overall censorship , whatever the reason , conscience decision or lack there of,  this is/was the correct path to any successful information outlet .

so credit has to go to Salty the moderator and the other "overloads" of Bitcointalk.org as they have elevated into my Respect level high , weather you like it or not.

this is the direction that would harbor further innovation.

also this is the correct path to discuss possible complex financial scams such as Ripple, if someone made a conscience decision to take this path, it shows a high level of understanding into the simple dynamics of information. 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:13:30 AM

ok - mah87

explain Ripple to me so I understand it in a single post - {a success is an explanation that i can then explain it to someone with no exposure to Crypto}

1. closed source
2. centralized

if you consequently come back to me and say  "its not your job to explain Ripple to me"

just a final note did you know that the "Economics" you may have learned in School or University is not "Economics" at all but a complex jumbled mess that tries to distract from a simplistic economic system that was obviously heading for failure , this resulted in the "Economics of Finance" basically the death of economics - why I'm telling you this is because complex systems usually equate back to something that is simply a scam, that is the case with most "economics" in the 21st century , so the longer ripple stays "complex" the longer it looks like a scam.

I do agree that ripple is complex for now. And also complex to explain in a simple. Anyway if you really want to know what ripple is I would invite you to go on the ripple forum. All those questions has been answered and explained.

I agree that for now you are right, this is closed source, centralized and not transparent===> BUT=> code will be release before the end of the year,==>then it won't be centralized for a long time + peer review will show protocol stability and offer improvment.

Furthemore if you take appart XRP currrency you'll see that you can today trade a lot of currencies in minutes through several gateways, the payment system is yet efficient. The new feature "ripple bridge" allows you pay from your ripple wallet in bitcoin, whatever if your wallet contain only  dollar or pound. So it's a nice access to bitcoin community.

Of course ripple is in beta and non tech people or lazy people won't be able to use it properly or to understand it.

Edit: And someone talking about "scam" and at the same time being the creator of a cryptoclone... sure...
clearcrystal

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:36:39 AM

what would be the purpose and benefit of ripple being open source?

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:38:47 AM

Ripple shill = you support Ripple

What?

Disclaimer: I like Ripple Cool

People who say Ripple is altcoin don't know what it is.
Ripple is not centralized, there are few nodes already. You just can't make your own node (yet) because they haven't published the source (probably because it needs more development to be stable).
I heard they're very much trying to release this year. Of course you can make your own node in this decentralized Ripple network by having a good reason (building up a service or similar).

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 12:08:46 PM

ok - mah87

1. closed source
2. centralized

I do agree that ripple is complex for now. And also complex to explain in a simple. Anyway if you really want to know what ripple is I would invite you to go on the ripple forum. All those questions has been answered and explained.

I agree that for now you are right, this is closed source, centralized and not transparent===> BUT=> code will be release before the end of the year,==>then it won't be centralized for a long time + peer review will show protocol stability and offer improvment.

Furthemore if you take appart XRP currrency you'll see that you can today trade a lot of currencies in minutes through several gateways, the payment system is yet efficient. The new feature "ripple bridge" allows you pay from your ripple wallet in bitcoin, whatever if your wallet contain only  dollar or pound. So it's a nice access to bitcoin community.

Of course ripple is in beta and non tech people or lazy people won't be able to use it properly or to understand it.

Edit: And someone talking about "scam" and at the same time being the creator of a cryptoclone... sure...

ok thanks that explains just about everything -  , Ripple will be forgotten in the next wave of Crypto evolution , We have "Decrits" and eMuni - which are on the horizon, if they are even partially acceptable there will be an evolution upon those - so Ripple will be bypassed in a fairly short order of time -

thanks for that explanation , it says about all i need to know.

the down side i see to the aforementioned systems is  they are "universal and Transactional "  - now i don't expect you understand what i'm saying now as this is a political matter , and i understand that this forum is fairly void of politics, so yes i have built upon some initial code that was released , i plan on continuing to do that , and when Ripple is a long forgotten idea Nibble will be a well known name.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:21:57 PM

ok - mah87

1. closed source
2. centralized

ok thanks that explains just about everything -  , Ripple will be forgotten in the next wave of Crypto evolution , We have "Decrits" and eMuni - which are on the horizon, if they are even partially acceptable there will be an evolution upon those - so Ripple will be bypassed in a fairly short order of time -

thanks for that explanation , it says about all i need to know.

the down side i see to the aforementioned systems is  they are "universal and Transactional "  - now i don't expect you understand what i'm saying now as this is a political matter , and i understand that this forum is fairly void of politics, so yes i have built upon some initial code that was released , i plan on continuing to do that , and when Ripple is a long forgotten idea Nibble will be a well known name.

sure... nibble and emunie will not be on any exchange in few weeks or month... you probably know about crypto currency since less than 4month, you edited another "scamcoin" like they are dozen on crypsti or other exchange... I'm sure you're gonna bypass ripple (just for your information ripple has been created among other people buy the mtgox first creator... but I'm sure you are more insightful and talented than him.)

Let's see ! Smiley
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 12:38:41 PM

sure... nibble and emunie will not be on any exchange in few weeks or month... you probably know about crypto currency since less than 4month, you edited another "scamcoin" like they are dozen on crypsti or other exchange... I'm sure you're gonna bypass ripple (just for your information ripple has been created among other people buy the mtgox first creator... but I'm sure you are more insightful and talented than him.)

Let's see ! Smiley

Yes i am more insightful and talented.

thank you for your feedback.

just to correct some confusion i don't see Nibble and eMuni as the same type of thing , but that's splitting hairs i suppose .

anyhow Cheers, its been educational.   

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: