Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think that ripple is the future  (Read 1612 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:46:13 PM

sure... nibble and emunie will not be on any exchange in few weeks or month... you probably know about crypto currency since less than 4month, you edited another "scamcoin" like they are dozen on crypsti or other exchange... I'm sure you're gonna bypass ripple (just for your information ripple has been created among other people buy the mtgox first creator... but I'm sure you are more insightful and talented than him.)

Let's see ! Smiley

Yes i am more insightful and talented.

thank you for your feedback.

just to correct some confusion i don't see Nibble and eMuni as the same type of thing , but that's splitting hairs i suppose .

anyhow Cheers, its been educational.   

you are really pretantious cause nibble does not bring anything more than any other clonecoin. isn't it ?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:04:31 PM

as you said , I guess we will see.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:18:32 PM

Ripple is centralized closed source payment system. I don't see anything revolutionary about it.

Cause you only read retarded argument on ripplescam.org.

It is closed source yet because the protocol is being build.

ok - mah87

explain Ripple to me so I understand it in a single post - {a success is an explanation that i can then explain it to someone with no exposure to Crypto}

if you fail , that's the 3rd fail -

1. closed source
2. centralized
3. no peer support , not transparent .

if you consequently come back to me and say  "its not your job to explain Ripple to me"

also consider that a failure, then sell what Ripple you have.

just a final note did you know that the "Economics" you may have learned in School or University is not "Economics" at all but a complex jumbled mess that tries to distract from a simplistic economic system that was obviously heading for failure , this resulted in the "Economics of Finance" basically the death of economics - why I'm telling you this is because complex systems usually equate back to something that is simply a scam, that is the case with most "economics" in the 21st century , so the longer ripple stays "complex" the longer it looks like a scam.

the way Crypto is evolving, Ripple will be forgotten by this time in one year.  

Saying Ripple is a "currency" is like saying Western Union is a "currency".

ok - digitalindustry

Explain "how crypto is evolving so I understand it in a single post"

{success = explanation of this evolution... I can then explain it to someone with no exposure to Crypto}
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:28:33 PM

Ripple is centralized closed source payment system. I don't see anything revolutionary about it.

Cause you only read retarded argument on ripplescam.org.

It is closed source yet because the protocol is being build.

ok - mah87

explain Ripple to me so I understand it in a single post - {a success is an explanation that i can then explain it to someone with no exposure to Crypto}

if you fail , that's the 3rd fail -

1. closed source
2. centralized
3. no peer support , not transparent .

if you consequently come back to me and say  "its not your job to explain Ripple to me"

also consider that a failure, then sell what Ripple you have.

just a final note did you know that the "Economics" you may have learned in School or University is not "Economics" at all but a complex jumbled mess that tries to distract from a simplistic economic system that was obviously heading for failure , this resulted in the "Economics of Finance" basically the death of economics - why I'm telling you this is because complex systems usually equate back to something that is simply a scam, that is the case with most "economics" in the 21st century , so the longer ripple stays "complex" the longer it looks like a scam.

the way Crypto is evolving, Ripple will be forgotten by this time in one year.  

Saying Ripple is a "currency" is like saying Western Union is a "currency".

ok - digitalindustry

{success = explanation of this evolution... I can then explain it to someone with no exposure to Crypto}

This part is important ==>{success = explanation of this evolution... I can then explain it to someone with no exposure to Crypto}

But it will come when the protocol is stable and when it is spread to mainstream.
webr3

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:48:01 PM

It's a decentralized open source payment system which supports multiple currencies, including bitcoin, and which has no reliance on opencoin's presence to succeed - although they have done a huge amount of work on it.

decentralized: anybody can run or create a node, anybody can implement a node, anybody can add features to, modify, or improve a node, anybody can use any ripple node for the same purpose, all nodes share a distributed ledger (like blockchain)

open source: the source is open, readily modified by anybody, and freely available to anybody with interest, myself and 100 others at least have commit access at this time, it's being prepared for mass distribution and has been moved to it's public repo ready for launch when stable enough to ensure the millions of USD worth of currency it manages is 100% secure and unhackable.

XRP however, does has a controlled distribution from a central source, which is a for profit company. Don't confuse the two, it's a shame to write off such a great leap forward in payment and clearance systems just because one of the currencies it supports is distributed by the company that creates it - they do give masses of it away free though, and only sell comparatively small amounts of the currency in order to fund development of ripple.. when investment funds and companies like google aren't sponsoring the work that is.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:53:25 PM

ok - digitalindustry

No problem -

I'm going to assume you are a reasonably intelligent entity:  i'll do it in one sentence -  

The Sentence:

Cryptocurency is evolving in an open source and open information environment, these two vectors combined form a very strong innovative equation, actually one of the strongest , this also accelerates outside factors and leads towards simplicity, the result is the most efficient and simple design, with Peer support and security, which then leads to confidence and community.

When you explain it to someone else do it like this :

The smartest guys have all worked together and made the best most secure type of investment  for you to hedge against the inevitable and now current inflation and deflation, if you invest a part of your portfolio to this investment you will more likely benefit in the future - or of course alternatively do nothing.

your argument will be pretty easy once investors notice their 401K shrinking and equities dropping alongside a higher cost of living.

just so you know when those people go to the peers , they will all say "we don't know what Ripple is, its probably a scam"
so good luck with it all , then there is the other side of the story , which is investors will be asking "what is my need for Ripple"

so just answer that - pretend I'm a retired Baby boomer with all my investments in Equities "why do i need Ripple" .

Ripple will be forgotten . and there will be many failures along the way .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:13:12 PM

ok - digitalindustry

No problem -

I'm going to assume you are a reasonably intelligent entity:  i'll do it in one sentence -  

The Sentence:

Cryptocurency is evolving in an open source and open information environment, these two vectors combined form a very strong innovative equation, actually one of the strongest , this also accelerates outside factors and leads towards simplicity, the result is the most efficient and simple design, with Peer support and security, which then leads to confidence and community.

When you explain it to someone else do it like this :

The smartest guys have all worked together and made the best most secure type of investment  for you to hedge against the inevitable and now current inflation and deflation, if you invest a part of your portfolio to this investment you will more likely benefit in the future - or of course alternatively do nothing.

your argument will be pretty easy once investors notice their 401K shrinking and equities dropping alongside a higher cost of living.

just so you know when those people go to the peers , they will all say "we don't know what Ripple is, its probably a scam"
so good luck with it all , then there is the other side of the story , which is investors will be asking "what is my need for Ripple"

so just answer that - pretend I'm a retired Baby boomer with all my investments in Equities "why do i need Ripple" .

Ripple will be forgotten . and there will be many failures along the way .

I'm betting than nibble won't exist anymore in 3months. Really I bet that. I've seen many scamcoin disapear...
philipkdick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:04:44 PM

I will take you up on that bet .

I don't want your money but.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:05:19 PM

I think that ripple is the future

Agree.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:12:01 PM

Agree.

Nice picture of Jeb caleb. I like his new mustache style. Hail to our new leader.
philipkdick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 03:34:02 PM

Agree.

That is fantastic , I'm raging with hate at this picture , this man's name is Osama no ?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:54:20 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 04:06:07 PM by digitalindustry

: D

I have simplified the Ripple system .

forget accumulative interests and collateralize debt obligations , multiplied derivative capital insurance .

its all here in these simple pictures .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:08:51 PM

Why are there so many people who are really pushing Ripple, yet can't explain how it works in a sentence or two?

As a test of any ideas, I use the Einstein test of saying every good idea has to be simple enough, but not too simple - and that isn't Ripple!

The key for me is that a number of big name companies including Google are getting involved with Ripple, which they wouldn't do if it wasn't going to bring in a very large amount of money, or, and possibly more likely, it gives them a very large slice of a new industry!

Considering how Google have placed their virus all through Android, making it unusable without a Google account - I would guess the same idea is planned for Ripple!

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:24:52 PM

Why are there so many people who are really pushing Ripple, yet can't explain how it works in a sentence or two?

Cause not everything on earth can be simplify in one sentence or two...
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:41:14 PM

One day Ripple will do this math and noone will notice this.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 04:45:26 PM

Just for this obvious ripple shill thread, I'm allowing you the luxury of going from this:

to this!:

Enjoy the luxury of the ignore list!

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:08:18 PM

Just for this obvious ripple shill thread, I'm allowing you the luxury of going from this:

to this!:

Enjoy the luxury of the ignore list!

Coming on my topic to ignore me... I'm honored.

I always come on harsh debate and i don't care.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: