Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how many satoshis per byte for segwit transactions  (Read 137 times)
eerygarden (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:45:36 PM

When sending from the ledger nano s bitcoin segwit wallet to a localbitcoins.com wallet how does one calculate the number of satoshis per byte in order to get a timely confirmation?

I'm familiar with bitcoinfees.earn.com in order to see how full the blocks currently are but this is for the bitcoin legacy wallet. I assume that one could pay less of a fee when sending from the bitcoin segwit wallet, but I don't know where to start. Please advise.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:20:40 PM

They are crazy too, and i will explain you why

When sending from the ledger nano s bitcoin segwit wallet to a localbitcoins.com wallet how does one calculate the number of satoshis per byte in order to get a timely confirmation?

The fee's for the segwit on my ledger nano were less than $2,50 or $3 max for every payment that i sent, if it was more than 0.10 bitcoins, then they were $3 or just $3,50 if the network was busy.

But now, using segwit, you have to pay almost the same.

*$13,50 for a normal transaction (below 0.10)
*$78 for a high transaction (over 0.10)

It is still crazy, and more expensive than the normal network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: