Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:37:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: old thread - deleted  (Read 26052 times)
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:00:11 PM

The same moment they will start to mine it this coin will be dead. Good bye CGB, it was nice to knowing you...

I will not guess or predict

While it was an uneducated, baseless guess...you did, nonetheless, make a guess moments before informing us you "will not guess or predict."

Anyway, if I'm understanding you correctly, I completely disagree with everything you said.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:03:24 PM

Multipool has just listed CGB for mining.
The same moment they will start to mine it this coin will be dead. Good bye CGB, it was nice to knowing you...

Interesting comment considering all of the coins listed are alive and well!

We certainly are honored to be one of the 12 scrypt currencies selected by this service. We have an extremely fluid and quick difficulty adjustment to compensate for additional hashes and dedicated nodes to help prevent forking.

Welcome CGB community to the big time!
Really ! Look again at the coins with lover nw hashrates like CGB is now. I was refering to them. What you can see?
I will not guess or predict, but time will tell and history is repeating...

What was your question and who was it directed to? Were you requesting an opinion on the state of the low hashrate currencies listed on Multipool?

If so... I like, believe in and hold some of each. I see quality products which I believe in enough to invest my own money into. Hope this helps.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:04:05 PM

While it was an uneducated, baseless guess...you did, nonetheless, make a guess moments before informing us you "will not guess or predict."

Anyway, if I'm understanding you correctly, I completely disagree with everything you said.

bholzer, you crack me up! lol
killdemon

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:33:15 PM

It is your problem that you are disagree and you have right to be. You know that the ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent? My guess is based on facts what happend with some of the coins after Multipool started to mine them.

zepadee

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:35:13 PM

It is your problem that you are disagree and you have right to be. You know that the ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent? My guess is based on facts what happend with some of the coins after Multipool started to mine them.

What is your proof that it was Multipool's fault ? Just saying it doesn't make it so.
killdemon

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:47:04 PM

What is your proof that it was Multipool's fault ? Just saying it doesn't make it so.

Just look at for example DGC,ARG,WDC. No need to be genius to conclude what is obvious. Miners "constantly" mining those coins are less and less. Once they hop on the coin and raise difficulty no one wants to mine coin with high difficulty.

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:53:22 PM

Difficulty adjusts every 2 blocks.
killdemon

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:56:30 PM

Difficulty adjusts every 2 blocks.
I know and that is great. We will see soon in the practice. I do not have anything against this coin, that is why i am telling you my concerns...

zepadee

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:00:57 PM

Just look at for example DGC,ARG,WDC. No need to be genius to conclude what is obvious. Miners "constantly" mining those coins are less and less. Once they hop on the coin and raise difficulty no one wants to mine coin with high difficulty.

And then when no-one wants to mine with high difficulty, the difficulty drops, then everyone wants to mine because it switches to LOW difficulty. None of this has nothing to do with multipool.
killdemon

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

Some coins are not switching difficulty every 2 blocks. You should know that, right? It needs a lot of time and hash power to reach lower difficulty, and once it has been reached multipool attacks again. So why bother at all. I can see that you are a multipool member so your denial is understandable.

zepadee

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:53:02 PM

Some coins are not switching difficulty every 2 blocks. You should know that, right? It needs a lot of time and hash power to reach lower difficulty, and once it has been reached multipool attacks again. So why bother at all. I can see that you are a multipool member so your denial is understandable.

OK so a coin reaches a "low" difficulty. With your logic we should leave it alone and not mine it. Ok i get it now.
killdemon

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:29:30 PM

OK so a coin reaches a "low" difficulty. With your logic we should leave it alone and not mine it. Ok i get it now.

Grin For sure Multipool will not mine a coin with higher difficulty, which means you neither. Multipool are leaving the coin on a higher difficulty waiting for a "profitable drop" and relying on other miners to lower it, at least we agree on something Shocked.
If that's not funny it would be regrettable.

zepadee

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:33:00 PM

Grin For sure Multipool will not mine a coin with higher difficulty, which means you neither. Multipool are leaving the coin on a higher difficulty waiting for a "profitable drop" and relying on other miners to lower it, at least we agree on something Shocked.
If that's not funny it would be regrettable.

Your statement that multipool will not mine a coin with higher difficulty is incorrect. It doesn't have anything to do with difficulty per say. It has to do with profitability. Mulitpool will mine a coin even at high difficulty as long as its profitable. It could be profitable because the price skyrocketed. Would you mine bitcoin right now with your 4 GPU's ? You could, if you want to break even. I'm not here to break even, I'm here to find the most profitable coin to convert to bitcoin. I think multipool suits me just fine. I don't always use multipool. I'll go to another pool if theres a coin thats more profitable.
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 06:58:19 PM

It is your problem that you are disagree

This is a problem I'm going to live with.

Some coins are not switching difficulty every 2 blocks. You should know that, right?

This is all completely irrelevant. CGB does switch difficulty every two blocks and, if I'm not mistaken, that's what we're talking about here. Not that the rest of your nonsense would really make sense regardless...but just admit you didn't know how rapidly CGB re-targeted and lets move on.

No need to be genius

Clearly

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
thekidcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:15:18 PM

the pool doesn't effect the coin.  With the linear difficulty, if the entire pool of miners stopped mining, difficulty would drop in 2 blocks...

It has no effect other than it makes it harder to mine while the hashrate is high.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:16:30 PM

FYI, CGB was just Multipool'd and is still alive! Difficulty adjusted beautifully and Multipool switched to NVC (also not dead).
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 11:59:49 PM

FYI, CGB was just Multipool'd and is still alive! Difficulty adjusted beautifully and Multipool switched to NVC (also not dead).

I'm in shock that killdemon was wrong -- seemed like he had really done his research, too!  Cheesy

zepadee

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:23:36 AM

Ya nice Smiley.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:41:56 AM

haters gonna hate

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
killdemon

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:19:17 AM

Hahahahah You guys are so hilarious and your ego is big, must be bcs something else of yours is too small.
@flound: Go jump on some...coin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: