Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:15:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: buying bitmain stuff  (Read 214 times)
uneek386 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:19:49 PM

who, or what's a trusted reseller of bitmain stuff? i've seen a bunch of scams and even had someone try to scam me out of 2k.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:56:56 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 01:22:49 AM by The Demon Slick

If you see an s9 for $1600usd, and you think "Wow, for that price I can get 3!", and the selling site only accepts bitcoin or wire transfers, all non recoverable once you hit send....
It's a scam*.

I been shopping like crazy. I have the $$$. I have the time. I have the bandwith. I'm mobile, I get all over the world (but sadly I rarely visit asia). I have networks, friends online, geeks in my rolodex like you wouldn't believe. But I can't get an s9 until around the 2nd week in february unless I pay the juice.

So I did.

Expect to pay around 4 thousand dollars right now for the s9 from a legit seller. Sure they're only 1600, why should you pay 4 grand? That's crazy, right? Except for one thing. That's the market right now. If you had a dozen s9s in your warehouse, and you knew people were paying 5 and even 6 grand on amazon, would you sell them for 2k each? Probably not.

There's a guy selling preorders for 3800 in this same section, that's the best legit price I've seen currently. And he does escrow. I forget his name, I'm new here, but he's got a huge green radiation sign in his signature.

Probably not what you want to hear. Still, I hope it helps.

*Except for the actual bitmain site

** Edit - it's jenia1, and it's not a radiation symbol, it's some kind of big green cursive "W"
bsp

Activity: 40
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:27:17 AM

who, or what's a trusted reseller of bitmain stuff? i've seen a bunch of scams and even had someone try to scam me out of 2k.

This is the only trusted website: https://shop.bitmain.com/

There are several good re-sellers on this forum. Use escrow and check user level and reputation before trusting them. Good luck!
kuracoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:24:16 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 08:47:52 AM by kuracoin

Hey, I have 2 S9s for Jan. 21-30 (both come with power supply) and a D3 I'm looking to sell. Since I'm a nobody around here though I'm open to escrow so it's the safest it can be for the both of us. My price is $3650 ea. S9 and $800 for D3. Taking BTC only.

Edit: offer details
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: