Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:37:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✨✨✨ Time To SHORT For Massive Profits!! ✨✨✨  (Read 1242 times)
ShortCoins (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:34:26 PM

Currently there is not adequate methods to bet on both sides of bitcoin.

But this is all changing starting on December 10th, 2017!!!!

The downfall has already begun  B)

Wallstreet is about to collude and drive the price of bitcoin to the ground. 400+ Billion USD is the amount of profits that are up for grab by shorting bitcoin and altcoins. Wallstreet thrives when the USD $ is strong. They also thrive using questionable practices of collusion and market manipulation.  Theres no way they are going to let crypto currency get in the way of their profits. There is also 0 chance that 99% of the world is going to agree to adopt a currency that has inflated 15,000% by the first 1% to adopt it. Crypto will certainly crash before the remaining 99% of the world population agree to get scammed by the intial 1% of investors. Wallstreet agreed to add options for crypto because it is in their best interest to create a way to short. They will also collect huge on Fees.

The smartest players who drove prices will start to cash in, and then bet on the downfall. Everyone is going to be scrambling to collect in on this 400 Billion USD that was generated off, essentially, a Ponzi Scheme. You can certainly make a lot of money off a Ponzi Scheme as long as the next guy in line continues to buy into the hype. Institutional investors are about to make tons of money off options. Financial leverage is one of the biggest benefits of trading options. I predict the downslope will be as sharp as the rise. 

Good luck, invest responsibly Smiley

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:37:55 PM

The downfall has already begun  B)

Wallstreet is about to collude and drive the price of bitcoin to the ground. 400+ Billion USD is the amount of profits that are up for grab by shorting bitcoin and altcoins. Wallstreet thrives when the USD $ is strong. They also thrive using questionable practices of collusion and market manipulation.  Theres no way they are going to let crypto currency get in the way of their profits. There is also 0 chance that 99% of the world is going to agree to adopt a currency that has inflated 15,000% by the first 1% to adopt it. Crypto will certainly crash before the remaining 99% of the world population agree to get scammed by the intial 1% of investors. Wallstreet agreed to add options for crypto because it is in their best interest to create a way to short. They will also collect huge on Fees.

The smartest players who drove prices will start to cash in, and then bet on the downfall. Everyone is going to be scrambling to collect in on this 400 Billion USD that was generated off, essentially, a Ponzi Scheme. You can certainly make a lot of money off a Ponzi Scheme as long as the next guy in line continues to buy into the hype. Institutional investors are about to make tons of money off options. Financial leverage is one of the biggest benefits of trading options. I predict the downslope will be as sharp as the rise.  

You're acting as if 99% of the world used their brains. They don't. Which is almost always why they're in the 99% in the first place.

Also, if you believe that Bitcoin is a ponzi you're either a clown, or a FUDster who's trying to pick up coins at a discount. Good luck with that.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:46:46 PM

I think you are getting the dynamics wrong. Yes, shorting bitcoin might be profitable, but only if the price falls as well. So for Wall Street whales to profit from going short on bitcoin, it means that they need to also get for it's price to fall, and in order to do that, they need to sell BTC. Do they have BTC already? Maybe they do, and maybe that's why we saw the price of BTC increasing like crazy, but maybe that was just legit adoption. So if Wall Street whales don't have BTC, they have no control over it's real price, so they will take huge risks by going short on BTC.

To be honest, I think they already hold some BTC, and they will short and sell BTC at the same time, and they will win from both sides. But the thing is, why stop there? They can then go long on bitcoin, and buy some coins to make the price increase, and again will profit from both sides. I don't think they will destroy crypto. They will do what they do best, they will collect huge profits with crypto, and they have a lot to gain with it's existence.

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:49:55 PM

LOL Cheesy You could already make gains when crypto was dropping with shorting on exchanges like Kraken and Poloniex Smiley

Anyhow. Bitcoin is here to stay... this is just the beginning. Only this year Bitcoin price increased 20x. What do you think will happen next year where the adoption will be even higher?

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 09:54:39 PM

Wow, you don't understand at all how this is going to work.

It's ok, i can help explain.

(1) CME & CBOE will buy and hold Bitcoin. The futures contracts the CME and CBOE are going to open for their customers will exist on the CME and CBOE exchange networks. They'll buy a bunch of Bitcoin, hold it in reserve, add some Dollars to it, to have a pool of money from which to back a portion of the transactions. What they can't back represents their risk.

(2) CME & CBOE will make (create) a market for futures contracts against/on Bitcoin. The investors are speculating with other investors and firms on the CME & CBOE exchange whether they think the price of Bitcoin may go up or down. I'll repeat...this will happen on on the CME & CBOE exchange.

(3) The Bitcoin blockchain will never be involved in these speculative contracts.
The futures speculation happens with the CME and CBOE. There will be no interaction with the blockchain, therefore the supply/demand created by the futures contracts will not directly cause the same activity on the blockchain. The two networks of investment activity are always separated.

(4) Bitcoin price will be influenced by the long term buy and hold and sell activity.
As the CME, CBOE, investment firms, or individual investors decide to speculate on the future price of Bitcoin they may have to buy and hold bitcoin to represent risk mitigation for their bets on the CME & CBOE exchange.

To long, didn't read? These futures contracts aren't being transacted over the Bitcoin Blockchain. These contracts are bets about future prices, they don't actually require anyone to buy and/or sell Bitcoin for each contract. The Bitcoin price isn't going to go crazy each day. There are currently futures contracts on oil, gas, pigs, coffee, oranges, soy beans. Are the value of these items going crazy each week? No.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:55:29 PM

I think you are getting the dynamics wrong.

for Wall Street whales to profit from going short on bitcoin, it means that they need to also get for it's price to fall, and in order to do that, they need to sell BTC.

Actually, I believe you just misunderstood my wording. I said they will "cash in" and then "bet on the downfall", meaning exactly: sell their bitcoin and buy short options.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:00:06 PM

I have a lot just like this and what is the true point of this thread?
Is it to give knowledge for a fall that would happen because they will do it just to win the bet or is it just a simple FUD?

Maybe you are right and then there is this is other where you might be wrong too. You mean to say it is really goig to happen? What if not? Then they lose their bets.

It is not just them who holds the coin.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Bitcoin is here to stay... this is just the beginning. Only this year Bitcoin price increased 20x. What do you think will happen next year

You sound like an uninformed investor, so I hope I don't offend you if buying Bitcoin was one of your first experiences. But previous results are not indicative of future results. They are two separate events. There's three ways to invest and they are basically all wrong:

1. Fundaments (lol, basically the same as trying to beat the analysts at sportsbetting and you have to pay juice, like trading fees, bid/ask spreads, commission, taxes, etc)

2. Technical Analysis (lol, using charts and maths to try to predict the future)

3. Investor Sentiment (lol, trying to guess trends based on things like analyst hype and media)

Theres actually a 4th way to invest. Its to collect fees off other people's money and just enjoy the lols.

HabBear

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:04:48 PM

I said they will "cash in" and then "bet on the downfall", meaning exactly: sell their bitcoin and buy short options.

They'd have to do it in the opposite order. If they sell their bitcoin first and then sell short (it's not called buy short, but it is called buying puts), they'll have missed the market.

They need to sell short (or buy puts) and then sell their Bitcoin, and then their short future contracts will be in the money and they can make some money.

Thanks for clarifying, I misunderstood you too. So now the question is - how much would one person or entity need to sell to move the market enough? Would selling 1,000BTC do it? 10,000BTC? More?

And these guys have to currently own or buy that much Bitcoin for them to be able to engage in your scenario without having run up the market from where we are now.
uslfd

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:05:21 PM

Wallstreet is about to collude and drive the price of bitcoin to the ground. 400+ Billion USD is the amount of profits that are up for grab by shorting bitcoin and altcoins. Wallstreet thrives when the USD $ is strong. They also thrive using questionable practices of collusion and market manipulation.  Theres no way they are going to let crypto currency get in the way of their profits. There is also 0 chance that 99% of the world is going to agree to adopt a currency that has inflated 15,000% by the first 1% to adopt it. Crypto will certainly crash before the remaining 99% of the world population agree to get scammed by the intial 1% of investors. Wallstreet agreed to add options for crypto because it is in their best interest to create a way to short. They will also collect huge on Fees.

Although I do not agree with shorting this market. However I do think at $14K it's still a bit too expensive to buy in.
I'll view $10K as a good point

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
HabBear

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:11:58 PM

Theres actually a 4th way to invest. Its to collect fees off other people's money and just enjoy the lols.

Ahh, the Levi's investment model off the Bitcoin gold rush. Nice! I agree. An exchange gets to participate in all the action but avoid most of the risk. Hmm, sounds an a lot like the CME and CBOE....haha.

I'm a Bitcoin bull, we've seen 80% drops in the past, it had nothing to do with weakening of the principles of Bitcoin. It had to do with weakening demand and presented a great buying opportunity.

As soon as Wall St. mega shorters are done playing their short-the-shit-out-of-Bitcoin game, the rest of us will flood in from the sidelines and buy on the sale. It'll be giving everyone a second chance to get in at that lower price they never saw. It'll be fucking great!

However I do think at $14K it's still a bit too expensive to buy in.
I'll view $10K as a good point

Haha, people have been saying "it's too expensive right now" all the way through the run up that's lasted all of 2017.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:15:25 PM

You could already make gains when crypto was dropping with shorting on exchanges like Kraken and Poloniex

The CBOE is bringing a game changer to crypto.

This is THE FIRST regulated two-way trade where bitcoin can actually be shorted.
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:22:52 PM

I'm almost relieved that the bitcoin is being dumped again. The growth was too fast. The best thing is to keep the bitcoin on longterm. Day trading is too risky right now.There are also some forks that might bring some interesting altcoins.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:27:03 PM

I'm almost relieved that the bitcoin is being dumped again. The growth was too fast.

I think the safest route is to sell off a certain % before the futures product begins trading tomorrow. To be completely fair, it seems a bit unpredictable what will happen. It is merely my guess that some event will happen, it will trigger shorts, public panic will ensue, and I will be skiing down the bitcoin graph
xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:28:46 PM

Good luck with shorting Bitcoin. In my opinion, it is too risky to trade at the beginning of introducing such important thing. We can't really tell what the investors will do. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to force a huge dump and then they would buy BTC for a lower price. They could repeat this a few times and voila! It's basically free money for them. I don't want to lose my BTC so I won't risk. I won't trade.
Blackadderrr

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:29:44 PM

There would be no Bitcoin futures if they thought Bitcoin had no future.
Moreover, if we may believe Andreas, we haven't seen anything yet: https://youtu.be/o7TtwckPCUI
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:35:57 PM

The downfall has already begun  B)

Wallstreet is about to collude and drive the price of bitcoin to the ground. 400+ Billion USD is the amount of profits that are up for grab by shorting bitcoin and altcoins. Wallstreet thrives when the USD $ is strong. They also thrive using questionable practices of collusion and market manipulation.  Theres no way they are going to let crypto currency get in the way of their profits. There is also 0 chance that 99% of the world is going to agree to adopt a currency that has inflated 15,000% by the first 1% to adopt it. Crypto will certainly crash before the remaining 99% of the world population agree to get scammed by the intial 1% of investors. Wallstreet agreed to add options for crypto because it is in their best interest to create a way to short. They will also collect huge on Fees.

You're acting as if 99% of the world used their brains. They don't. Which is almost always why they're in the 99% in the first place.

Also, if you believe that Bitcoin is a ponzi you're either a clown, or a FUDster who's trying to pick up coins at a discount. Good luck with that.

I don't understand why people are so terrified to grow some balls, be honest, and just admit that it's all a Ponzi.  Where I grew up many people made their incomes being involved with Ponzi schemes...not as organizers/operators but rather people that knew to get in early and get out early.  They never lost money.  It was the HODL mentality that always lost everything.  You are the clown for ignoring the reality.  When someone pools their money with others into a system that produces no interest earnings, goods, services, or especially pay dividends....it's a Ponzi.  Don't be part of the 99%...be honest and use your brain.  Call it what it is...since it is what it is.

That said, get out now...ride the futures to the downside, and then buyback when there is blood in the streets.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:39:50 PM

Well said Realist247
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:41:24 PM

It started, but now it has recovered back again, $15500 and counting.

If you REALLY think that that is the way that futures works, then go to the primary again. AFAIK, they are teaching simple mathematics on 7th grade.

Wallstreet is about to collude and drive the price of bitcoin to the ground. 400+ Billion USD is the amount of profits that are up for grab by shorting bitcoin and altcoins.

You have said everything with this. Good luck with your tiny investments on your local banks.

The smartest players who drove prices will start to cash in, and then bet on the downfall. Everyone is going to be scrambling to collect in on this 400 Billion USD that was generated off, essentially, a Ponzi Scheme.  

And thank you for the wishes, try to post with your main account for the next time.
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 10:42:14 PM

To long, didn't read? These futures contracts aren't being transacted over the Bitcoin Blockchain. These contracts are bets about future prices, they don't actually require anyone to buy and/or sell Bitcoin for each contract. The Bitcoin price isn't going to go crazy each day. There are currently futures contracts on oil, gas, pigs, coffee, oranges, soy beans. Are the value of these items going crazy each week? No.

That's only because they don't trade Pork Bellies anymore.  BTC could easily be the "new pork bellies" in terms of volatility.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: