Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resource Based Economy  (Read 283 times)
Rafaly (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:57:01 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 12:26:48 AM by Rafaly

"In a Resource Based Economy all goods and services are available to all people without the need for means of exchange such as money, credits, barter or any other means. For this to be achieved all resources must be declared as the common heritage of all Earth’s inhabitants. Equipped with the latest scientific and technological marvels mankind could reach extremely high productivity levels and create abundance of resources."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIMy0QBSQWo&feature=youtu.be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:21:48 AM

Was sure I heard of this before, then I see it. ''Venus project'' unfortunately it assumes that man is not inherently greedy by its nature, that man is not selfish. It's a cool theory, but I think thats what it will always be, a theory. Also some places are just naturally more abundant than others. Take Japan they basically got nothing and have to import everything. It's like the idea of unconditional giving/sharing, works only if you assume it goes both ways. But likely someone will take advantage of another before we see peace on earth.

People naturally compare themselves to others, their productivity and welfare. This theory doesn't account for any of the psychological factors which capitalism actually does. It recognizes that we are competative and tries to leverage that to get the most out of humans. I don't necessarily agree with capitalism but I also don't necessarily agree with communism. All these theories are great on paper, capitalism, communism, resource based economy. But practically they seldom work out well because being human is more complex than economics and ideology.

Rafaly (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:32:14 AM

Was sure I heard of this before, then I see it. ''Venus project'' unfortunately it assumes that man is not inherently greedy by its nature, that man is not selfish. It's a cool theory, but I think thats what it will always be, a theory. Also some places are just naturally more abundant than others. Take Japan they basically got nothing and have to import everything. It's like the idea of unconditional giving/sharing, works only if you assume it goes both ways. But likely someone will take advantage of another before we see peace on earth.

People naturally compare themselves to others, their productivity and welfare. This theory doesn't account for any of the psychological factors which capitalism actually does. It recognizes that we are competative and tries to leverage that to get the most out of humans. I don't necessarily agree with capitalism but I also don't necessarily agree with communism. All these theories are great on paper, capitalism, communism, resource based economy. But practically they seldom work out well because being human is more complex than economics and ideology.

Japan certainly has many good things to offer, like any other country. Everybody has at least something that someone needs.
MoonIsBlue

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:42:00 AM

Japan certainly has many good things to offer, like any other country. Everybody has at least something that someone needs.

Sure, they're tech savvy but its one of the reasons I pointed out. Looks great on paper, works horribly when practiced out. Just like everything. I think the best thing humanity had ever going in terms of politics, economy and hierarchy was tribal life, everything after that went downhill.

rondorondo

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:10:31 PM

Resource based economy is probably the most economical in my opinion. But in order to reach that economy we need a perfect society because many non-production activities are very difficult to evaluate (health, legislation, transport...) and therefore it is very difficult to establish this kind of economy because there will always be people who will think that some work is underestimated or overestimated.
baradfo

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:38:45 PM

This concept was tried out in history before, and it failed. Humans, right now, aren't trained to be community serving and are inherently greedy. Therefore communism won't come about in its true form in societies today. There always has to be someone in charge. That someone will always find ways to corrupt the office/position to his/her own ends and for those around him/her.
Rafaly (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:14:45 PM

Sure, they're tech savvy but its one of the reasons I pointed out. Looks great on paper, works horribly when practiced out. Just like everything. I think the best thing humanity had ever going in terms of politics, economy and hierarchy was tribal life, everything after that went downhill.

How do you see that things will happen in the future if this is not a possible solution?
josh-ehab

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:28:49 PM

The venus project has made several documentaries in which they interview psychologists and other social anthropologists and the general consensus is that humans aren't inherently anything. Our dominant trait is that we are malleable. We aren't born being racist or greedy, the world we grow up in, and the way our parents and peers treat us, shape us into creatures with some of these traits. Capitalism is at it's very core is a competitive ideology and it pits people against each other to fight for scarce resources, so in roder to survive we grow into greedy people. Add on top of that all the companies exploiting our tribal inheritance of social dominance through image and sex, and you really ingrain greed and consumerism into a society.
One of the most important points here is the scarcity point. Whilst resources truly are scarce then money as a price mechanism makes sense, there is always a loser but that' because we don't have enough. Scarcity now however is just manufactured scarcity, we easily produce enough food and goods everyone to eat and live good lives, but the huge imbalance of wealth skews the whole global economy and leave a billion people below the poverty line.
A universal basic income is the first step towards a resource based economy as it removes the wage slave element of work, and this will be necessary as automation removes even more people from, the global workforce. The block chain and cryptocurrency will have a role to play in this story.
Rafaly (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:26:19 PM

The block chain and cryptocurrency will have a role to play in this story.

You found good link. The turning point is definitely. This massive madness should stop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk
josh-ehab

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:16:08 AM

The block chain and cryptocurrency will have a role to play in this story.

You found good link. The turning point is definitely. This massive madness should stop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk

haha great video, Steve Cutts is so great! These guys have lots of great content around future society, and blockchain and come stuff on consciousness:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqKnDDavIqBKZuvgQtYAJsA

MoonIsBlue

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:52:28 PM

How do you see that things will happen in the future if this is not a possible solution?

To its logical conclusion; humanity self-destructs. I think we are all well aware of the vast dangers that threaten us the coming decades because we're exploiting the earth like we do. But does any country really strive for a change in that matter? No, instead we have visionairies like Elon Musk who put their own hard earned money into these projects and then governments still have the audacity to intervene and stomp on it. We got some G-20 that can't ever really get to an agreement because its political and economical interests are to different and when they do its never enough.

Humanity is self destructive it always has been, it wants to sacrifice its life to its country, it does drugs and alcohol, indulges itself in fast food (Obesity is a western world epidemic), it destroys nature and life for pleasure or profit, its at constant war with someone else. All of humanity just screams destruction.

There is no solution because people need to change themselves not the system. Capitalism and communism are both designed to increase productivity, both trough different ways while trying to find a balanced and equal society. That we as people can't make that happen is not a systems fault. And resource economy is just the same story all over again. You'd try a different system only to find out that you're supposed to change your own ways. Resource based economy isn't going to cure people of their greed, anger, lust and powerhunger. Thats up to people themselves to change. And thats why you will never have a perfect solution untill humanity itself realizes it is the solution, not external factors, methods, designs and systems to point us in some direction away from themselves.

But as I don't find it likely that the huge majority of humanity will realize this and then also act on this, I say it will self-destruct. Hope I'm wrong though, and i'll gladly admit it when I am.

Rafaly (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:26:58 PM

To its logical conclusion; humanity self-destructs. I think we are all well aware of the vast dangers that threaten us the coming decades because we're exploiting the earth like we do. But does any country really strive for a change in that matter? No, instead we have visionairies like Elon Musk who put their own hard earned money into these projects and then governments still have the audacity to intervene and stomp on it. We got some G-20 that can't ever really get to an agreement because its political and economical interests are to different and when they do its never enough.

Humanity is self destructive it always has been, it wants to sacrifice its life to its country, it does drugs and alcohol, indulges itself in fast food (Obesity is a western world epidemic), it destroys nature and life for pleasure or profit, its at constant war with someone else. All of humanity just screams destruction.

There is no solution because people need to change themselves not the system. Capitalism and communism are both designed to increase productivity, both trough different ways while trying to find a balanced and equal society. That we as people can't make that happen is not a systems fault. And resource economy is just the same story all over again. You'd try a different system only to find out that you're supposed to change your own ways. Resource based economy isn't going to cure people of their greed, anger, lust and powerhunger. Thats up to people themselves to change. And thats why you will never have a perfect solution untill humanity itself realizes it is the solution, not external factors, methods, designs and systems to point us in some direction away from themselves.

But as I don't find it likely that the huge majority of humanity will realize this and then also act on this, I say it will self-destruct. Hope I'm wrong though, and i'll gladly admit it when I am.

Please hear about this model how all could be done. For me, very healthy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=l3zFWpntExg&app=desktop
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:51:56 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5373.0

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Rommel24

Activity: 115

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:37:12 AM

The resource based on economy  is not currently responsable to establish the the system instead rather to emergence of system,is not from the rules because there are no rules in Rbe that system is crucial to understand in that, because of the top down system button used by system shift of the population,,so far Rbe- is currently responsable to ownership closed tied together ,that you don't care your things ,that your not own,,or even if is evolved because it considered of none of business,you must care of these to used but you don't personally you own,,
sathi7890

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:19:32 PM

Our existing socio-economic systems and legal frameworks are discriminatory due to limited access to women's accessibility and consumption. In addition to women, women are deprived of most of the assets due child marriage. In the case of ownership of property, gender equality with gender discrimination in the case of gender equality is relatively high and the victim of poverty and powerlessness . A recent study shows that 70 percent  of women in Bangladesh are deprived of land and financial resources. Due to the trend of concentration concentrating on global economic growth, women and equality and women's empowerment will face a more difficult challenge , if immediate steps are not taken.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:02:22 PM

"In a Resource Based Economy all goods and services are available to all people without the need for means of exchange such as money, credits, barter or any other means. For this to be achieved all resources must be declared as the common heritage of all Earth’s inhabitants. Equipped with the latest scientific and technological marvels mankind could reach extremely high productivity levels and create abundance of resources."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIMy0QBSQWo&feature=youtu.be

From this statement alone, i would think that it follows somewhat the principles of a socialist movement. That everyone should pull al resources then distributed evenly to everyone. It coud work in a sense that everyone could have access to everything. Hoping that weapons are not included in this because i don't want our neighbors to have anti aircraft weapons and nuclear capabilities. But the thing is, what if a person is non productive for example a person who doesn't have a job or a person who can't work?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: