Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with FPGA icarus, cgminer :( and windows 7  (Read 2296 times)
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:23:45 PM

nice combo i know.... anyhow iv got an icarus board and im starting to really really hate command prompt (didint like it to start with)

so my problem is when i let windows install the drivers for the fpga cgminer bitches i need to use WinUSB driver so i use the zadig tool and change the drivers then i restart cgminer and like magic it reports no device found -.-

iv tried to use bitminter (i like it) but that just keeps telling me to download the drivers over and over again but atleast when i scan all com ports its makes the pretty green light on the fpga flash for activity...

anyhelp would be great and can someone please type a few "working" command lines for cgminer (dont know why they couldn't give a few proper examples in the readme files)

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:43:28 PM

nice combo i know.... anyhow iv got an icarus board and im starting to really really hate command prompt (didint like it to start with)

so my problem is when i let windows install the drivers for the fpga cgminer bitches i need to use WinUSB driver so i use the zadig tool and change the drivers then i restart cgminer and like magic it reports no device found -.-

iv tried to use bitminter (i like it) but that just keeps telling me to download the drivers over and over again but atleast when i scan all com ports its makes the pretty green light on the fpga flash for activity...

anyhelp would be great and can someone please type a few "working" command lines for cgminer (dont know why they couldn't give a few proper examples in the readme files)

Did you read the FPGA Readme.  Running Zadig and installing WinUSB is one of the two steps.

Here is a paragraph from the FPGA readme

With Zadig, you may need to run it as administrator and if your device is
plugged in but you cannot see it, use the Menu: Options -> List All Devices

I think you may need to do that and make sure your FPGA is set to WinUSB.

I'm using the ACICMiner USB so I'm not sure if your FPGA device will work completely the same or not.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:48:29 PM

yes and if i do that then cgminer says no device found...... its probably a faulty device but im trying to check, iv not used cgminer before or fpgas...

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:51:09 PM

yes and if i do that then cgminer says no device found...... its probably a faulty device but im trying to check, iv not used cgminer before or fpgas...

I edited my post.  Did you try this?

---------------FPGA Readme---------------------------
With Zadig, you may need to run it as administrator and if your device is
plugged in but you cannot see it, use the Menu: Options -> List All Devices
--------------------------------------------------------
Your device should show  up after list all devices

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:59:05 PM

yes it shows up i can do that part no problem and after installing the winusb driver it changes to "USB-Serial Controller D" in windows device manager, i assume this is suppose to happen?

now when i start cgminer it loads and says "no device found"

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:33:31 PM

yes it shows up i can do that part no problem and after installing the winusb driver it changes to "USB-Serial Controller D" in windows device manager, i assume this is suppose to happen?

now when i start cgminer it loads and says "no device found"

I don't see anything like that in my device manager.  Where are you looking in device manager?

After you list all devices then you select it and make sure it is associated with WinUSB.

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 06:15:59 PM

its in the windows device manager

mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:32:58 PM

whats your cgminer string like? heres mine working with my icarus:

cgminer-nogpu -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u user_worker -p pass -S COM3
Polyatomic

Activity: 257

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:43:13 AM

Another thing you might want to try is installing the Silicon Labs driver CP210x_VCP . Then try  cgminer 3.1.1 with --icarus options
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 04:42:26 PM

Another thing you might want to try is installing the Silicon Labs driver CP210x_VCP . Then try  cgminer 3.1.1 with --icarus options

hi thanks for the advice but still dosnt work heres the results with you driver
http://imgur.com/IYrNAxl

and the results with the other drivers
http://imgur.com/qkOfKiO

im pretty sure somethings gone bad with the bios on the board now

Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:15:33 PM

hi thanks for the advice but still dosnt work heres the results with you driver
http://imgur.com/IYrNAxl

and the results with the other drivers
http://imgur.com/qkOfKiO

im pretty sure somethings gone bad with the bios on the board now

So you are using 3.1.1. and using zadig to change your drivers?  That might be your problem.  The change over to using winusb drivers didnt come until version 3.2.0, back in 3.1.1 it was still using FTDI drivers which are the normal drivers installed when you plug in your erupters.  So....either use zadig to go back to stock drivers, or upgrade cgminer to something 3.2.0 and above and see if that works.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: