Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price drop  (Read 1154 times)
minec0in (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:35:17 PM

Hello, I just want to ask about a price drop, I saw a price of Bitcoin about $70 last week, and Id just like to ask what caused that? Does that happen often?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Komodorpudel

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:43:03 PM

Hello, I just want to ask about a price drop, I saw a price of Bitcoin about $70 last week, and Id just like to ask what caused that? Does that happen often?

1. Nobody can really say what caused the drop.

2.http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com see yourself
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 08:13:59 PM

1. False, many people can explain some or all of the causes behind that price behavior. PM me if you want to be one.

2. Irrelevant resource, visit something useful like bitcoinx.com
Komodorpudel

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 09:22:33 PM

1. False, many people can explain some or all of the causes behind that price behavior. PM me if you want to be one.

Yeah, you're right. Just realized that many peoples are millionaires because they can predict future. Looking through the rearview mirror, it is much easier to interpret some shit out of the chart. Doesn't mean anything of this is true.

Oh, just realized: I also know why price dropped: A lot of people made Sell Market Orders. Hihi
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 02:29:26 AM

Yeah, you're right. Just realized that many peoples are millionaires because they can predict future. Looking through the rearview mirror, it is much easier to interpret some shit out of the chart. Doesn't mean anything of this is true.

Oh, just realized: I also know why price dropped: A lot of people made Sell Market Orders. Hihi

And yet - some us (specifically myself) have managed to sell shortly before each large downturn and then rebuy near the bottom. I sold some coin at 127 - then bought again at 65. It isn't hindsight, you either learn how to read the charts to figure out what it's likely to do next and/or extrapolate impacts of events that will affect price.

I've been saying for awhile that we could expect a large dip once the hash-rate was between 15 and 25 million. How large would be determined by that rate of increase in the hash rate. This is what we just saw over the last few weeks. New Asic owners waited some period of time to 'get a feel' for their new means of production then started cashing out to make ROI. I'm Hoping that this is it for the asic related dip... but I secretly suspect that we'll see a small recovery (probably just around 100) then another slower slide into aproximately 50 bucks... I really really hope I'm wrong tho. If it does happen in the next month or so - it will be because of BFL catching up on their pre-orders.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:00:57 PM

1 is hyperbole and can't be true.  The person who placed the market order that caused the drop knows.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Kazu

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:46:37 PM

Dont forget a lot of people removing their Buy Limit Orders.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:05:59 PM

but I secretly suspect that we'll see a small recovery (probably just around 100) then another slower slide into aproximately 50 bucks... I really really hope I'm wrong tho. If it does happen in the next month or so - it will be because of BFL catching up on their pre-orders.

Oh great, we have to rely on BFL to get us cheap bitcoins? This bear market could take a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: