Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:13:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: crypto currency for Christmas  (Read 278 times)
legend018 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:28:34 AM

This could fall under a couple different topics, but wondering if anyone has thought of buying bitcoin or one of the other coins for a Christmas present for a relative, parent, child etc.  I was thinking paper wallet of some kind. Don't know how much though, like I don't want it to be a tease if I say only put $10.00 on it.   I'm assuming if you have a paper wallet and you want to use it some day such as trading or even cashing in, that you eventually would have to transfer it to an Exchange of some type. Unless of course in the future you can scan them some where when your shopping if we ever get there.  Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:34:27 AM

be sure you put it in a very user friends format.

Like a paperwallet with download URLS and step by step instructions on redeeming and using in laymen terms.

Always doubt.
alphacoco

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:40:44 AM

I only found this week that revolut do crypto currency. Good rates too.

Or buy them a USB with a word doc file with username and passwords for crytopia. I was thinking of this to get my brother in law some GAY coins.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:44:02 AM

I only found this week that revolut do crypto currency. Good rates too.

Or buy them a USB with a word doc file with username and passwords for crytopia. I was thinking of this to get my brother in law some GAY coins.
Get a USB stick big enough for a full wallet.

Kush coin for the stoner cousin.
And Shit Coin for the little brother.

Grin Cheesy

Always doubt.
netcashfx

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:11:38 AM

Yep mobile banking doing cryptocurrencies is great. I don't say the name because it's being moderated.

Usb stick with instructions inside is really nice and simple for a gift.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1336

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:19:18 AM

Actually, it's not bad idea for Christmas gift. If you want to be original, buy Butcoin as Christmas present. How much btc it should be? Remember, how much was worth your previous Christmas presents, maybe amount of btc for a gift should be in similar range.
Yeah, paper wallet seems to be best option to use in this case. But also, you must be prepared for understandable explanation about BTC and how your relative have to take it from paper wallet.

hualangktsld841

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:40:53 AM

This will be a very good idea! In the coming Christmas, I think it's good for children to encrypt money as a gift, but for parents or older people, they try to use paper money or real things as much as possible. They are accustomed to this way for many years. This is just my suggestion Smiley
jayram

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:48:14 AM

Bitcoin is definitely a good present for your relatives who are into bitcoin as well, I would not suggest giving them to those who do not know anything about bitcoin, or if you really want to give them, make sure that you inform them fully about the currency, if may actual a good PR for bitcoin itself.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:01:29 AM

This could fall under a couple different topics, but wondering if anyone has thought of buying bitcoin or one of the other coins for a Christmas present for a relative, parent, child etc.  I was thinking paper wallet of some kind. Don't know how much though, like I don't want it to be a tease if I say only put $10.00 on it.

If you do so, you have to make very clear the implications of holding a paper wallet. I've heard lots of stories where people gave bitcoins as gifts like this, and of course, people lost the wallets. Most people still don't take crypto that seriously. It's still a mainstream opinion to think of it as a bubble or pyramid scheme.

As much as I hate Coinbase, it's one of the ways that gift recipients who didn't know shit about Bitcoin managed to hold onto their coins. Since people can send BTC to Coinbase wallets via email address, it functions much like digital wallet like Applepay or Square. As long as their account didn't get hacked, they could log in years later and claim the coins.

Aya1

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:55:03 AM

Yep, Christmas this is something that is great for planting stock in seconds seconds Christmas, investment will be a lot going on, I will plant stock for the preparation of a gift for a family, my best friend in the day the next, with make bitcoin as a gift will not make your wallet scorched, you just need to share a bit of your stock, rare gift in the form of bitcoin, I think that give will feel more happy because we are now this is in the world crypto, some of which there is no
24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:11:22 AM

Giving cryptocurrency as a gift is a great idea.  You can give them a usb with some Bitcoin or other crypto of your choice.

You can also give a small mining rig as a gift to a special friend interested in cryptocurrency!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: