Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:55:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saying Hello :D  (Read 695 times)
baghtal (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 08:36:21 PM

I realize I'm rather late to the BitCoin mining community, but since I live in the west and power is cheap, my computers are on anyway, and I've got time for a new hobby, this one sounded like fun Cheesy

Been reading forums and posts and such for a week or so now. have 3 computers GPU farming (GTX 560, Radeon HD 5700, and an HD 7770) Didn't buy anything new, just the cards I already have.

Setup on BitMinter.com for my pool, the extra NMC doesn't seem bad and their miner was stupid-proof Wink I also like their API so i can watch my balance and farm rate on my android. Not advertising for them just happy to share what I've found and have been using.

I would love to find a miner that will automatically pause or turn itself down when a game or something is launched (Wife's computer, the GTX 560, doesn't mine and run minecraft at the same time so well). Not a big deal to manually pause and restart it, but if we didn't need to it would be even better.

I really enjoy learning about new things and am happy to find a new hobby, even if I've missed the megabucks years Cheesy

Cheers!
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:16:00 PM

Welcome to the forum!  Grin

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
clearcrystal

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:51:04 PM

Hello!

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
vehementchrome

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:21:15 PM

Hi as well.

I guess you could try setting cgminer to dynamic intensity but in my experience that makes the hashrate incredibly ineffective even if the gpu isn't being used by anything. You could also try setting the intensity to like...3 or 4 and see how that goes; that's not on scypt though. Also, even if you have a low intensity, I really don't think you could mine and play minecraft at the same time if you have any custom shaders going on, even high end texture packs. I've tried it on a 7950 and couldn't do it with shaders.

Other than that, cgwatcher might have a setting for it but I've never tried using cgwatcher for such a thing. Otherwise you could just teach her to turn cgminer on and off.

Devtome | Spelunky Guide
BTC: 1FPKfkTUTBir2rnBnWhjPdzGrcerz11P4R
DVC: 17WNPSjjBxQF7gkQiFNe1yoZ1DaSgztM7K
awacpp

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 01:00:02 AM

hello Cheesy
basspaper

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:37:48 AM

Hello
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 06:24:29 AM

The new version of CGWatcher (1.2.3) should do this. Create a scheduled action that either disables the GPU(s) or turns the intensity down on them when a certain program starts, then create scheduled actions to return the settings to normal when the program stops. I tested it with Calculator quite a bit and it worked without incident, but there seem to be some systems where CGWatcher has permission issues when trying to get information on other processes (including the miner). In that case, running CGWatcher as Administrator usually resolves this.

Note: the disable device action will only disable a GPU in terms of mining so you can use the GPU for other things.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems setting this up if you choose to try it.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
DPriest

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:29:01 AM

Me too, just saying hello for the first post.
DPriest

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:59:26 AM

Well, this time I am saying hello with substantial :-) sentence for newbie restriction to go away. I am hoping that this is long and substantial enough for the forum Huh.

DPriest
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:02:37 AM

Simply set up a CGMiner shortcut. Have her close the miner when she wants to play and simply double click the shortcut when she ends play (if she remembers), or have it in Startup folder, and simply instruct her to restart the computer whenever she's done (this really depends on who you're trying to instruct as to which of these set of instructions is simpler).

BTC Long.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:05:44 AM

hello and welcome Smiley
gorkab

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:15:30 AM