Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think any other coin will take Bitcoin place someday?  (Read 703 times)
Fodrigo (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:40:33 AM

In my opinion, with the advent of Bitcoin, more altcoins get known too. This opens a lot of opportunities for new or already existing players to attack Bitcoin flaws (already happening) as huge fees or long transaction times.

Do you think that any of these altcoins can take Bitcoin place someday? Being the first does not necessarily means being the Top1, this happens all the time, especially in the digital industry. E.g: Naspter/Spotify, iPhone/Android, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:21:47 AM

Never, bitcoin never replaced by anothers coins, even the others coin have a better features and tech,,
About the fee is depends on bitcoin price compared with usd,,

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:38:39 AM

Never, bitcoin never replaced by anothers coins, even the others coin have a better features and tech,,

why not? i believe that is possible that bitcoin will be replaced someday by much better coins out there because bitcoin is not that superior at all . some other altcoins like bitcoincash and etherium are far better when compared to bitcoin because both of them are dont have any known issues and they have much better usage and properties when compared to the great old bitcoin. sure bitcoin is still the most popular coin so far because more new people are still going for it but soon when people get used to it and when they realized that bitcoin is not really worth to use due to some major problems like slower transactions and higher fees then they will soon find them selve's  switching and using other alternatives like the ones i mentioned earlier.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:10:28 AM

Yes, you are right that being the first does not necessarily mean being the top1, but bitcoin has provided tangible proof that no alt can replace it. We see that bitcoin is increasingly in demand by many people and its trading volume is always big and top 1.
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:23:38 AM

I think its hard for other coin to take bitcoins place. Bitcoins value is so high and no other coin is near its value. But i did not say that there were s no coin that can beat bitcoin. There are a lot of coin that have potential to grow in the future. But they will take long years before they can beat bitcoin

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:51:15 AM

I don't think any altcoin is capable of take place of bitcoin.Bitcoin has reached to a new level that can't be touched easily.And in future I didn't have noticed any coin that has potential like bitcoin.Though Ethereum and Lite coin are try to progress in recent days.But to touch bitcoins level that's a long way to go.Bitcoin is the number 1 crytpo in the world.Millions of people are investing on bitcoin and making it bigger than ever.Bitcoin price is so high than any other crypto.So I think it's really impossible for other coin to touch bitcoins glory.

anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:56:29 AM

Hardfork is the effort of some people to make rivals for BTC. has been done several times and driven by people who have interests. their results always fail and this shows BTC will not be invincible and difficult to stop.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:57:38 AM

why not? i believe that is possible that bitcoin will be replaced someday by much better coins out there because bitcoin is not that superior at all . some other altcoins like bitcoincash and etherium are far better when compared to bitcoin because both of them are dont have any known issues and they have much better usage and properties when compared to the great old bitcoin. sure bitcoin is still the most popular coin so far because more new people are still going for it but soon when people get used to it and when they realized that bitcoin is not really worth to use due to some major problems like slower transactions and higher fees then they will soon find them selve's  switching and using other alternatives like the ones i mentioned earlier.
Agree, Bitcoin is very resistant to change.
Unlike other cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin has seen surprisingly little innovation or evolution since its invention. While a project like Ethereum and etc have undergone significant and enterprising pivots in their roadmaps. I believe it because Bitcoin and its community are ideologically committed to maintaining something close to its original design. So no matter what happens, Bitcoin will have a special place in the hearts of their users. The good thing is lightning network is being applied to Bitcoin network, let's see how it going to play.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:43:50 AM

Yes, you are right that being the first does not necessarily mean being the top1, but bitcoin has provided tangible proof that no alt can replace it. We see that bitcoin is increasingly in demand by many people and its trading volume is always big and top 1.

There is no proof that no altcoin can surpass Bitcoin. Altcoins have very good prospects, it gained a strong position on the market and it is not just only some reserves. BTC is in first position but if nothing changes I predict it will go the way of  and be outpaced by other newer coins.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:53:32 AM

I don't think any altcoin is capable of take place of bitcoin.Bitcoin has reached to a new level that can't be touched easily.And in future I didn't have noticed any coin that has potential like bitcoin.Though Ethereum and Lite coin are try to progress in recent days.But to touch bitcoins level that's a long way to go.Bitcoin is the number 1 crytpo in the world.Millions of people are investing on bitcoin and making it bigger than ever.Bitcoin price is so high than any other crypto.So I think it's really impossible for other coin to touch bitcoins glory.
That is true but don't day that in the future, no coin can take over bitcoin's place. Unless bitcoin improves, sooner or later people would start using other altcoins that are more efficient to use when compared to bitcoin. Btc itself needs improvement on it's transaction speed or else another coin will take over it when a better coin to use in micropayment appears. For now I'll say that no altcoin that exist today can take over it.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:42:02 AM

For me, bitcoin will never be replaced by any altcoins out there. I mean, bitcoin has been there for almost 8 years now and there had been also a lot of altcoin that emerged throughout the years and none of them could go toe to toe with bitcoin and replace it as the cryptocurrency king. Right now, there are few altcoin that has small potential but still, it is a far cry for comparing them to what bitcoin achieved so far.
Lucacrebbe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:57:03 AM

IOTA

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:26:32 AM

In my opinion, with the advent of Bitcoin, more altcoins get known too. This opens a lot of opportunities for new or already existing players to attack Bitcoin flaws (already happening) as huge fees or long transaction times.

Do you think that any of these altcoins can take Bitcoin place someday? Being the first does not necessarily means being the Top1, this happens all the time, especially in the digital industry. E.g: Naspter/Spotify, iPhone/Android, etc.

Remember the cryptocurrency that holds around 50% of the total transaction in the cryptocurrency is ethereum. It looks so difficult to take the adoption of the bitcoin. But about the alternative crypto with a better scalability and ethereum already answered it. We know this time the blockchain of ethereum gets congested. But that means about how etheruem can be used to build the more dapps in the future if the more improvement in the scalability will have fixed from the sharding blockchain.
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:33:14 AM

A few months before, everyone was talking about the flippening. So many had been sure.... Now its bitcointime and everyone says that its not possible...
Stop following the hype...
ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:44:14 AM

IOTA

Hands up !

Far away much more usefull...

Btc sucks qnd is stupidly much much much than overvalued

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:56:45 AM

Bitcoin will always be the king. No coin can replace Bitcoin.
Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:57:15 AM

no one coin can do it,But ethereum is most potential that will be like bitcoin in next time. Ethereum platform is a great invention of crypto world after bitcoin.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:46:24 AM

No one can defeated bitcoin it is the stronger coin in digital currency.In the near future bitcoin has a great future in the market and its price continues increasing as long there are many user or investors who know it.There are many altcoins that improved but bitcoin has many achievements no one can replace it.
frmracc

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:14:22 AM

Nope altcoins is never replace bitcoin, especially the price. If we talking about the price, the price of altcoins is never surpass or even reach the bitcoin price. Altcoin can replace bitcoin IF the price of that altcoin can reach bitcoin price and that altcoin must be popular. I think bitcoin will stay number 1 crypto currency forever.
DubMatrix

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:39:26 AM

Bitcoin will probably never die, but I can imagine that certain coins will take its number one place. As with all things, you don't have to be the first but you need to have a better product. Look at Skype, they became a big player even when chat application were around for  along time already. When a product is easy to use it will probably surpass another product which takes some effort to be used.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: