Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:52:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much GAS is required to get your Ethereum transactions processed?  (Read 413 times)
iconoclast (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:52:41 AM

As many of you will know the Ethereum network is having trouble processing transaction because of the increased volume created by CryptoKitties.
If you have had a transaction that processed recently please post how long it took to complete and how much GAS was used.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:17:01 AM

4 hours ago:

Gas Limit: 25000
Gas Used By Txn: 21000
Gas Price: 0.000000037 Ether (37 Gwei)
Actual Tx Cost/Fee: 0.000777 Ether ($0.34)
udayantha11

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:29:06 AM

As many of you will know the Ethereum network is having trouble processing transaction because of the increased volume created by CryptoKitties.
If you have had a transaction that processed recently please post how long it took to complete and how much GAS was used.

When you do etherdelta transaction , you should have at least 60 gas price. Otherwise not done quickly

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:36:58 AM

Hope things will improve a bit soon. It's getting kind of annoying these high gwei prices on small transactions.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
virtualhero

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:44:13 AM

This CryptoKitties is really a headache in Ethereum network. We use 50 gwei to make sure the transaction won't miss. It's a headache just like bitcoin network specially when you send small amount of ethereum. 
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:50:05 AM

Because of CryptoKitties, if you really need almost immediately transaction, set it to 60+.
If you can wait for a while, set it to 40+.
At least this is what I'm doing in last CryptoKitties days. It is working even for EtherDelta.
Hanablue

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:58:19 AM

Can anybody tell me how to set that gwei? and the gas price as well? I can only change the 21000 to any numbers but cant able to change gwei. I only use myetherwallet.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:57:41 AM

I usually use 21000, 20 GWEI in myetherwallet when sending ethereum to other wallets. It's fast for sometime but not for today, I've read that cryptokitties made the transaction volume bigger resulting to slow transaction and many unconfirmed ones.
mercer007

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:03:23 AM

Normally I use
Gas limit: 21000
Gas price: 4-12 Gwei
But from some days the ethereum network got a bit slow because of the crypto kitten and because of that now I've to use
Gas limit: 75000
Gas price: 60-85 Gwei
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:56:41 AM

Its like pumping gasoline the more gas you put the further it can go it is the usual thing and in the gas price if you pay only a small amount the transaction will be slower and faster if you do the other way.
waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:14:59 AM

I think the best moment you should not trade is because it can be risky with your money.

Joshua85

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:17:38 AM

I use 55Gwei, transcaction succesful in 1min
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:28:01 AM

I am also aware of it, and I also do anticipation for it. such as setting gas prices to 50 Gwei or more, to minimize pending transactions  Grin
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 07:39:36 AM

This CryptoKitties is really a headache in Ethereum network. We use 50 gwei to make sure the transaction won't miss. It's a headache just like bitcoin network specially when you send small amount of ethereum. 

Please what is this Cryptokitties stuff that's really causing trouble for us? Is there nothing Ethereum blockchain can do about it. Sudden increase in transaction gas for the benefit of who? We need to understand something.

HOMT