Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain-miner.com is a scam!  (Read 246 times)
NacAllan (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:30:29 AM

I ordered a new Antminer S9 from Bitmain-miner.com. They claimed to have units in stock in the UK. I sent my payment in Bitcoin, the listed price was $1250 (should have been my first clue, way to cheap) . Within a day or two I got an email saying my unit has shipped and it had a tracking number and a link to track the package. A few days later I got an email saying VAT and duties were being charged by Canada Customs, another US$505. It seemed a bit high, but if there was brokerage fees, tax and duty it wasn't too far out of line. I paid that. The next day I get another email saying that an add US$575 was needed in more tax. That's when I asked for reference numbers for this charge so I could verify this. Now there is silence.

I did some more digging. The link to the couriers tracking website contains a mailtrack.io string in it so they know when anyone opens the link.

Www.ems-xpress.com is the website of the courier. The website looks legit, but I did a Google maps search for their US address, and it came up as a municipal office building, not a courier. They don't list a UK address in their contacts, but the tracking website talks of sort facilities in Coalville and London.

I've asked for either documentation for the almost 100% taxes they are asking for or a refund. All silence now.

Don't fall for it.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:33:54 AM

Yeah... bitmain only takes shitcoin cash so that should have been a dead give away. I'm really sorry to hear this happened. It really sucks that they even got you for more on the "taxes" . God damn. They know what they're doing. Bastards.
Coins4Days

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:36:50 AM

Oh no... Sad I hope karma whoops whoever is running that sham company in the rear end. It's terrible that there are people out there who do this type of stuff. Bitmain does not have any distributors except for themselves. Never buy miners from websites that claim to be Bitmain resellers. Especially if they only accept bitcoin because that transaction cannot be reversed like it can on a credit/debit card. I am sorry for your loss, I hope you can recuperate from this. Screw those guys.

TyrellWellick

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:08:22 AM

Oh no... Sad I hope karma whoops whoever is running that sham company in the rear end. It's terrible that there are people out there who do this type of stuff. Bitmain does not have any distributors except for themselves. Never buy miners from websites that claim to be Bitmain resellers. Especially if they only accept bitcoin because that transaction cannot be reversed like it can on a credit/debit card. I am sorry for your loss, I hope you can recuperate from this. Screw those guys.

Yes, and the worst thing is that all of those hardships people did just to  have their wallet seized and scammed. Damn, if only their is something that could filter out his monsters out of the forum.
thesoulhunter

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:02:39 PM

NacAllan: I think you should go to the payment processor and report them for scam, then.  bitcoinpay.com (is what they seem to be using).  I cannot think of anything else... report to authorities? I believe most countries have agencies dedicated to hunting down Internet scams.

MARKGL1966

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:58:06 PM

To let you all know, a couple of us have reported them to fraud squad in UK since we been ripped off for 2 units. The guy involved ia an Indian fella  called.SANJAY SINGH .He  is registered at companies house registrar as being both owner of Bitmain technologies Ltd, and now also bitmain tech ... , both websites since been able to shut that down. Court case/investigation is pending.
If anyone wants to get onboard and report here are the details. case number: NFRC171202140090. TEL:0330303800 (ONLY FOR THOSE BASED IN UK). outside UK tel:+44 207 386 3620. The more the merrier.
We have a facebook page to alert people of these scammers so please join and lets put the word out there about these companies:https://www.facebook.com/Chinese-scammers-and-fraudulent-companies-558676554468889/notifications/

please be warned
bitmainuk

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:32:14 PM

I am messaging from Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd on behalf of the director Mr S Singh.  Firstly MARKGL1966 (Mr Malcolm Cooper) the website for Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd is www.bitmaintech.co.uk we do not have any other websites, so if you have purchased on another website and they have posed as our company they are breaking the law and my suggestion is you find the individual at fault and bring him to justice to recuperate your funds.  Www.bitmain-miner.com is nothing to do with us, we have reported them to action fraud and their domain hosters to have their website removed but they keep on coming back.  If you wish to try their details are as follows:

DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:bitmain-miner.com
Registrar:Hostinger UAB
Registration Date:2017-11-19
Expiration Date:2018-11-19
Updated Date:2017-11-19
Name Servers:ns1.hostinger.ru
ns2.hostinger.ru
ns3.hostinger.ru
ns4.hostinger.ru

REGISTRANT CONTACT
Name:Domain Admin
Organization:Privacy Protect, LLC (PrivacyProtect.org)
Street:10 Corporate Drive
City:Burlington
State:MA
Postal Code:01803
Phone:+1.8022274003
Email:email@privacyprotect.org

As you can see this company is nothing to do with us!

We are an official UK registered company and you can call us anytime on 08717890987

The court case ref - D9QZ05TY which you lodged against Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd has been removed.  Therefore please remove your last statement about Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd immediately and if possible please state the truth that is was a mistake and that another company/individual was indeed at fault.  We are losing alot of business and have had repercussions due your statement, therefore i give you this opportunity to remove it and no further legal action will follow.

Thankyou
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:27:59 PM

I am messaging from Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd on behalf of the director Mr S Singh.  Firstly MARKGL1966 (Mr Malcolm Cooper) the website for Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd is www.bitmaintech.co.uk we do not have any other websites, so if you have purchased on another website and they have posed as our company they are breaking the law and my suggestion is you find the individual at fault and bring him to justice to recuperate your funds.  Www.bitmain-miner.com is nothing to do with us, we have reported them to action fraud and their domain hosters to have their website removed but they keep on coming back.  If you wish to try their details are as follows:

DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:bitmain-miner.com
Registrar:Hostinger UAB
Registration Date:2017-11-19
Expiration Date:2018-11-19
Updated Date:2017-11-19
Name Servers:ns1.hostinger.ru
ns2.hostinger.ru
ns3.hostinger.ru
ns4.hostinger.ru

REGISTRANT CONTACT
Name:Domain Admin
Organization:Privacy Protect, LLC (PrivacyProtect.org)
Street:10 Corporate Drive
City:Burlington
State:MA
Postal Code:01803
Phone:+1.8022274003
Email:email@privacyprotect.org

As you can see this company is nothing to do with us!

We are an official UK registered company and you can call us anytime on 08717890987

The court case ref - D9QZ05TY which you lodged against Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd has been removed.  Therefore please remove your last statement about Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd immediately and if possible please state the truth that is was a mistake and that another company/individual was indeed at fault.  We are losing alot of business and have had repercussions due your statement, therefore i give you this opportunity to remove it and no further legal action will follow.

Thankyou

Quoting that because I can.

if you have purchased on another website and they have posed as our company they are breaking the law 

That could be written by the real Bitmain about Bitmain Technologies UK Ltd, sometime in the future....

Here's another reference to replace the one that has been "removed".
DEF6A/10839295.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: