Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RED SUNDAY - cryptocurrencies dropping like bricks  (Read 1599 times)
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:06:29 AM

Its really not a surprise at all the massive increment it gained last week is something a reasonable person should not expect it to last long. Once in a while the entire market would see a high price then later it retorgress its shows a normal sign because if its just up and up without anything like this, then its time people should get out. But now, price is just try to get a base for the next level to be achieved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:23:20 AM

I don't mind the drop as long as it will rise again. I'm starting to buy now when the price is down. It could go lower still but I think if you have some money to buy, this is not a bad time or you wait to see if it drops further.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:29:31 AM

Wow it's a huge blow, the price falling like mortar, but I think it's okay, we have seen the price keep on escalating in the past few weeks, so we all know one moment there will be all red situation, but I don't expect the falling will be this severe, hopefully it will regain soon, and it's time to buy again

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:32:34 AM

Almost all of the cryptocurrencies have fallen today, but in a bull market, falling is a good thing, falling for better!

aanbudi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:34:11 AM

Yes, this is an opportunity to buy Altcoins / Bitcoin at a cheap price. Especially with the closer day of Christmas, surely many people sell their assets for the preparation of Christmas.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:34:54 AM

I believe it because altcoins market is very tightly correlated to Bitcoin prices, the only way for altcoins to go up is for Bitcoin to stay stagnant or it has a slow uptrend/downtrend movements. Well, we can force to stop people taking a profit. The good thing is today kinda like black Friday for Altcoins. This is the best time to start accumulating more altcoins.

I agree with this, it seems like anytime bitcoin goes sideways alts start to pump, as if bitcoin holders get bored and just decide to buy their favorite alt. On the other hand i used to think when btc goes down alts pump, not so much anymore.
madarkieus

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 08:35:40 AM

I don't compare to USD and I encourage everybody don't do it either. If you switch to the ratio to BTC you will see that there a lot of coins green.
jubayerjb25

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:39:30 AM

A few days ago bitcoin reached the highest price and now it drops continuously, all alt is also dump in price now for that. This is not the first happening like this for first time but still some people won't understand this and they wish Bitcoin to crash. One must have to keep patience and have to try to buy some ALT coin in this type of situation instead of selling.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:44:31 AM

I don't shocked saw about almost all of price of cryptocurrencies went down due to cryptocurrencies is always fluctuation in the price, although on the traditional instrument of investment, they are always fluctuation too. That's good for some people who search the money from trading alternative coins like me, right now we just need patient to wait until the price of cryptocurrencies start be stable and then we buy back due to usually the price of cryptocurrencies will goes up again, when it happen just sell coins and taking profit and done.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:46:54 AM

Rare phenomenon, 95 of top 100 cryptos dropping at the same time on
https://coinmarketcap.com

Time to buy boys! Grin

ohh that's great, thanks for sharing this one i did not check the crypto market cap today but as what you've shared now i buy altcoins now and bitcoin.
I hope it will rise up again after this fallen down price, i do this for saving at the same i am investing too. I try also now for trading i hope i gained for thid investment now.
With this dump price now i hope some people did not panic so sell their bitcoin, I'm sure it will rise up again.

reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:18:41 AM

Take a deep breath,take a bath,go to park and smell some flowers and comeback when the alts recover dont panic.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:30:40 AM

It's absolutely normal considering what happened last week, and wait for Christmas for a real dump
btzajla

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:44:33 AM

this is the opportunity to buy more alts
sharanelcsy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:49:33 AM

I'm heavily invested in REQ which will release Colossus soon and it's up from .12 cent to .13 cent.
I'm good. I'm in the %5. =)
kahc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:02:11 AM

Hi there.  With your ETH example.  Lets just replace it with btc since thats what im working with.  I basically have money in betting sites where even though the balance is in usd... btc is the way to deposit/withdraw on those sites.  So when i want to make a withdraw, they pay me out in btc.  I usually do this only if i want to move some money from a betting to another betting site or... if i want to buy an altcoin.  Thus receive btc... then go to shapeshift and sell btc for the altcoin.  But i wont use shapeshift anymore due to the high fees... but also because there are many coins shapeshift does not have.

The other thing is i have zero interest in holding any new btc from now on due to the price. So for example, if btc is price is 15000.  Let say i withdraw 5000 usd so i get around 0.33 btc from the betting site to my bitcoin wallet.  You say you could then wait a bit and if btc goes up, you can then sell your btc to usdt to get a higher usdt balance.  But of course if it goes down and then you sell it for usdt, you get less.  The thing is i don't want to have any bitcoin at these prices as its already way too high.  Does that make sense?  I basically only want bitcoin from now on only to buy altcoins... nothing else.   So if thats the case, and since right now im waiting to buy certain altcoins but waiting for prices to drop, best to just withdraw whatever usd amount of worth of bitcoin i want now... so when the time comes when altcoins hit the low price, i could then buy btc immediately with my usdt and then immediately buy the altcoin right?  Because i dont want to have to wait many hours or a day or even longer to buy an altcoin because at the moment, i need to withdraw btc from a betting site... then wait for btc to hit my wallet, before i could buy the altcoin via shapeshift.  And since i want to use bittrex to buy altcoins, then best to just keep usdt balance there right?  Of course i would like it if i request btc and then i get it sent to me immediately.  That way i would send it to bittrex and then i wont even need to have itc converted to usdt since i would be buying it immediately right assuming prices is around the same?
I get your point, BTC is too volatile right now to function as a stable currency.
Is not always necessary to convert USDT to BTC first then altcoins, some of the larger altcoins can be traded directly from USDT.
Yes , in your case, since you want a stable market value it would be best to keep USDT before trading, because Bittrex don't support fiat.

With the locking in profits, since i want to buy altcoins, then obviously do this at bittrex right?  But if i only am planning to do this with btc, eth and litecoin for example... thus coins traded against fiat only on those sites, then its best to do it there as oppose to bittrex?  Someone mentioned bittrex is not even needed unless you buy/trade altcoins right?  And here is the other thing.  If you look at the btc buy/sell price on bittrex, its like over 700 dollars less.  If thats the case, then why would anyone sell btc on bittrex unless they are going to buy altcoins?  gdax/coinbase are paying over 700 dollars more for a bitcoin than on bittrex.  Can you explain this?  Because that would mean i would be selling btc for a lot lower price on bittrex whether its to sell it immediately for an altcoin or sell it for usdt where i could use it later anytime to buy altcoins or btc/eth/litecoin etc.

Depends on which exchange you like best, and if the exchange support the altcoins you want.
If you are just trading BTC, ETH,LTC and fiat, GDAX would be the appropriate exchange.

Well, as you said, sometimes it is because of the altcoins factor that keep people on certain exchanges. The prices can fluctuate a lot on different exchanges. GDAX may have higher BTC price right here and now, but the situation can drastically change in a few seconds/minutes, BTC is extremely volatile. As seen here https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets , the price gap on BTC right now is $5274 between cheapest and most expensive exchanges.
Sometimes you can get lucky and stumble upon sellers that dump huge amounts for under/over market price, and therefore drive the price up/down a bit.

Good luck with your trades!
roos

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:05:44 AM

Looks like a good day to buy some more!
Correction was coming and is logical.
Let's see how the markets react tomorrow, when they open.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:10:34 AM

Just another correction day after pumpings. People keep asking "what cause this?" It is us guys. We all here for more and more profit. Basically some people cash out in sunday. It is good day to buy anyways.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:28:57 AM

damn i missed this opportunity to earn profit i dont have any money available to buy one of the coins i shouldn't didn't spend it all i could ride the train before it leaves people who have money must be really lucky right now to have this happen and unlucky to those who dont have money and holding coins.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:55:15 AM

I believe it because altcoins market is very tightly correlated to Bitcoin prices, the only way for altcoins to go up is for Bitcoin to stay stagnant or it has a slow uptrend/downtrend movements. Well, we can force to stop people taking a profit. The good thing is today kinda like black Friday for Altcoins. This is the best time to start accumulating more altcoins.

I agree with this, it seems like anytime bitcoin goes sideways alts start to pump, as if bitcoin holders get bored and just decide to buy their favorite alt. On the other hand i used to think when btc goes down alts pump, not so much anymore.
Yeah, when Bitcoin kind of consolidating, then it's the altcoins time to shine. We need to set up a stop-loss order in case of bitcoin make a movement so we can minimize our losses. I also have thought that if Bitcoin going down the money will flow onto altcoins.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:04:17 AM

To be honest, I don't panic when Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are dropping it's value. It's an opportunity for us to buy while the prices are low. However, not all of them are dropping. I bet it will recover again later or tomorrow.

Maybe others who are holding Bitcoins are on "panic selling", which is just my assumption that Bitcoin and other cryptos are dropping.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█