Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital India! When this dream comes true..read to feel happy  (Read 214 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:20:55 AM

You wake up one day to read newspaper headlines

" India legalizes bitcoin , follows path of Japan and United States"

India legalizes bitcoin and treats it as a commodity and since it is difficult to prove weather the gains are long term or short term , it will be taxed at 10-15% flat.

Those who trade in cryptos shall have to pay income tax with their as per their respective slabs.

Banks start to offer crypto services, you can just log into netbanking and start to buy bitcoin or other cryptos and sell them for INR. But a disclaimer should be dispayed sating that cryptos are very volatile and risky and hence users should know what they are getting into.

what a great world to live in.

I somehow believe Modiji sarkar will make this dream come true, what is Digital India without digital currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Varunchaturvedi

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:04:30 AM

According to  news  RBI make a plan to use Blockchain into indian currency system and think to launch Indian Cryptocurrency "LAXMI".
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:23:31 AM

India legalizes bitcoin and treats it as a commodity and since it is difficult to prove weather the gains are long term or short term , it will be taxed at 10-15% flat.

Those who trade in cryptos shall have to pay income tax with their as per their respective slabs.

Banks start to offer crypto services, you can just log into netbanking and start to buy bitcoin or other cryptos and sell them for INR. But a disclaimer should be dispayed sating that cryptos are very volatile and risky and hence users should know what they are getting into.

I somehow believe Modiji sarkar will make this dream come true, what is Digital India without digital currency.

Good hypothetical scenario but the government has only just taken steps to enable cashless transactions. In india, RBI is a much revered institute as compared to the image of the Federal bank in USA or other Central banks in the west.

From the recent reactions of RBI, they don't seem to share such enthusiasm and the govt will not take a call on this without RBI's approval. Keeping these things in mind, it looks unlikely that such a dream would indeed come true.

If this does happen then I think we can see a large chunk of the tech-savvy youth who are finding it really hard to find jobs, switching over to mining to earn some side income. What innovations in terms of frugality and jugaad the Indian miners will bring to the scene would be exciting to see.
The only problem is the entry-barrier of high initial investment and availability of the required hardware.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:15:09 PM

I am tired of taking such dreams and tired of hoping that they would become reality. But the continuous warnings by our government makes me awake and I realize that there is no way that India could satisfactorily legalize it. It has alot of questions regarding cryptocurrencies. I even saw and read an article in news paper where they compared bitcoin with paytm and mobikwik thats quite weird.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: