Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 12:52:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Internet service ,people uses for Mining ?  (Read 189 times)
karansudhir (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:22:15 AM

Hello ,

I am new here from India (Maharashtra), This is my first post all the people always post here  about gpu ,hashrate, config ,Helping each other ,giving suggestion

But what about the internet ,i have 2 GB Plan is that good for mining or i will need unlimited plan. want to know so i can get the right answer  Wink Grin Wink
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:15:13 AM

Hello ,

I am new here from India (Maharashtra), This is my first post all the people always post here  about gpu ,hashrate, config ,Helping each other ,giving suggestion

But what about the internet ,i have 2 GB Plan is that good for mining or i will need unlimited plan. want to know so i can get the right answer  Wink Grin Wink

Mining doesn't need a highspeed internet bandwidth, even with a 2MBPS speed would definitely enough for mining purpose, what matters most is the reliability and continuous connectivity of your internet, the downside of the capped 2GB plan is that you could possibly Consumed this so easily for other purposes when shared, watching HD videos on youtube and Facebook. better go with unlimited plans. Wink
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 07:13:59 AM

I have noticed that ms to the pool you are using is effecting the reported hashrate ALOT. Are you suggesting mobile internet? like 3g 4g etc? I would not recomend it. You also need to find yourself a pool with low MS, preferably around 10-20ms. For me with fiber 1000/1000 thats not hard in western europe. But for you in India i dont know if its possible, you have to test it out.
karansudhir (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:19:01 AM

I have noticed that ms to the pool you are using is effecting the reported hashrate ALOT. Are you suggesting mobile internet? like 3g 4g etc? I would not recomend it. You also need to find yourself a pool with low MS, preferably around 10-20ms. For me with fiber 1000/1000 thats not hard in western europe. But for you in India i dont know if its possible, you have to test it out.

i am from small town using 4g jio  net , no broadband here near by me is it easy to start with 4g
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:54:29 AM

i am from small town using 4g jio  net , no broadband here near by me is it easy to start with 4g

For the first time minier, I would say Yes,that's fine, given the availability of your connections, I guess you have no choice, however If there would be a chance that you could find a broadband connection then better. 

The above statement refers to Latency of the pool, you have to look for a pool nearest on your location, if you're unsure you can just try them out and observe which pools have the least latency or MS.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:38:03 PM

Even junk Virgin Mobile USA 3G cell was fast enough and low enough latency to handle a mining farm.

SAT service on the other hand, I was seeing a noticeable hit (but STILL only about 1%) to stale shares from latency - but that was usually around 700 ms lag.

1GB/sec service is SEVERE OVERKILL unless you are running literally thousands of miners.

2GB plan should be plenty unless you have a HUGE farm.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: