Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Crowdfunding(Open Source) - Pledge 165 BTC  (Read 12740 times)
Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2011, 09:51:57 PM

So what are you looking for here, projects that need funding or someone to handle the administration of the funding process?

Unless I am misunderstanding, the purpose of this thread is to raise funds as a reward (aka "a bounty") to be awarded to a DEVELOPER who would write the (free open source) software for a system for "Bitcoin Crowdfunding".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabianhjr (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 10, 2011, 11:00:38 PM

Exactly, if you don't know what this is you may visit Kickstarter and see some of the success stories it had created.
/offtopic @bruce, sent you the first part of the translation.

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 08:35:31 PM

So, is anyone working on this?

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 09:30:50 PM

So, is anyone working on this?

Maybe this could be of some help to someone - > http://www.guruscript.com/donation.php
of course its NOT open source !
QuantumMechanic

Activity: 110
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 11:24:56 PM

Maybe this could be of some help to someone - > http://www.guruscript.com/donation.php
of course its NOT open source !
From the website: "This license allows you to install the script on only 1 domain. Lifetime updates included.The software comes with no copyright and 100% Open Source"

I guess this is why the F in FOSS is important.  Wait, I'm confused...
fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 11:25:53 PM

No this is for a FOSS platform for Bitcoin. xD I am aware that there are commercial solutions though. Tongue
(Free as in freedom and beer!)

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 20, 2011, 01:53:07 AM

Does FiveGrinder meet the requirement (except for the open source requirement, at this time)?

http://fivegrinder.com/help/start

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

matt.collier

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 02:11:25 AM

Is anyone working on this?

The last post is about fivegrinder.com which seems to be broken at the moment.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2011, 05:36:12 AM

I'm not working on it specifically but it is something that I could add to the glbse.com Stock exchange(earlier than I had planned).

It's 1/2 opensource right now (the client source is available), and the server will be made opensource in about 6 months(orr earlier if anyone wants to pay the release fee, essentially repay our capital investment).

I will be implementing smart contracts, so the exact details could be specified in the contract.

In terms of functionality, I could have the asset set that it requires all (or most) of the share/asset holders to vote to allow the funds to be released. And that only a fixed number of the share/asset can be released(so the issuer doesn't just issue more assets to themselves and vote to release the funds). And that if the amount is not met by a certain date all funds are returned to the asset holders.

If I were to implement these features, would that qualify for the bounty?

Also someone throw an extra 35btc in on the deal and I'll get it done done that little bit faster.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
unfinishe

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 07:16:40 AM

If nobody else has started really working on it, I suppose that I could make an effort. I'm still a student and not a terribly experienced programmer, but I love a challenge to learn new things and I happen to have a bit of free time on my hands at the moment. I'd even be willing to take a lower bounty adjusted for the difference in value between January and now, if you all would be willing to put up with my inexperience and perhaps throw a few pointers my way.

Check out the results from my Bitcoin Survey Project!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88927.0
monkeykoder

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 04:03:51 PM

I am setting up a development server right now but I'm not exactly the best developer in the world.  I'll see what I can do though.
Shortline

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 06:27:58 PM

This seems like a really, really good way to get exactly the people that would benefit from the bitcoin economy into the bitcoin economy. And the best part is that project creators can be from anywhere. Kickstarter currently accepts pledges from anywhere but

Here's a tricky question.

How do you prevent people from doing this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq#piPledToMyOwnProjFromAnotAccoAndNowMyAmazPaymAccoIsCanc

I pledged to my own project from another account, and now my Amazon Payments account is canceled?!

Warning! Credit card rules forbid project creators from paying themselves. Any pledges made by a project creator to themselves may cause Amazon to cancel a project creator’s Amazon account, making it impossible to receive or remove funds.

While Kickstarter prevents project creators from backing their own projects from the same Kickstarter account, Amazon will detect if the project creator uses a new Kickstarter account and/or a new Amazon account to make the pledge. Amazon looks for the credit card info as well as other primary information to determine if a party is attempting to pay itself. This is not an Amazon-specific policy — this type of transaction is considered an attempt to create a "cash advance" and is forbidden by all credit card companies.

Please note that Amazon may not detect this action until a project succeeds and they attempt to collect funds. While the project will appear to succeed on Kickstarter, Amazon will later suspend any Amazon Payments accounts controlled by the project creator, making it impossible to receive/remove funds.

My concern is that it's quite easy for scammers that already have a few bitcoins to fake interest in their project with shill accounts, draw honest contributors in and abscond with the cash when their funding is met.
matt.collier

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 06:55:01 PM

@shortLine:

The Amazon situation you referenced has to do with somone trying to get a cash advance off their credit cards without it appearing to the credit card company as a cash advance and thus the company's rules and/or special interest rates relating to a cash advance are not applied.  This is a non-issue with bitcoin.

As for the recipient priming the pump in hopes to attract more donations... Would someone who might do that be more likely to run off with the cash than someone who did not make contirbutions to their own project?

Shortline

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:00:26 AM

As for the recipient priming the pump in hopes to attract more donations... Would someone who might do that be more likely to run off with the cash than someone who did not make contirbutions to their own project?

Scammers will almost certainly pop up unless the escrow period covers a long period of time after the goal is reached. This is a consequence of irrevocable transactions, which those Amazon payments are not. But you're right, I misinterpreted the FAQ there.

Maybe it's not so bad. Long after the scammers are gone their projects will stay behind, and if it was worth the honest pledge the first time, perhaps a few of these projects will be worth taking up in an of themselves. That might sweeten the pill.

And if you want to fund your own project openly, why not? It's just the prospect of shill accounts that concern me.
unfinishe

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 06:56:02 PM

Blogging capabilities with good access control over backers; Ex. A backer that gave 20 coins would not have the same access as someone who gave 200.

I just want to make sure that I have the right idea in my head about this. Does this mean that the person who initializes the project (such as the graphic artist in the earlier examples) should be given a blog for the project with the ability to restrict what people see based on how much they've donated? (Perhaps for sneak peeks or something like that?)

unfinishe

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 01:13:56 AM

I really like the idea, and I've been working on a design document the past couple days, but I just realized that none of the original posters have posted since the thread was resurrected. I'm kind of worried that nobody is interested in this project anymore. If anyone out there, especially the original posters, is still interested, please let me know!

Max Stirner

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 04:55:58 PM

I will donate 5 BTC for this project.
infra172

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 06:57:40 PM

I have been working on a site that accepts Bitcoin and allows users to crowdfund and/or crowdsource projects. It should be ready soon. I began working on it before I even knew what Bitcoin was and have just discovered this thread.

I see that my website meets some of the criteria you guys have listed but I think I have a different take on the problem we're trying to solve. I will leave it up to you to decide if I deserve any of the bounties after I launch it.

Either way, I would appreciate your participation and your feedback after I get it ready.

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 10:36:59 PM

First of all, most of the OPs and big pledgers are really active in the community, including brucewagner and me.

Second, I will remove the Design Document requirement becuase no one seems to be able to do one.

And lastly, I will start developing an Open Source Crowdsourcing site. Stay tuned for more.

PS: Still Alive

unfinishe

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 10:44:25 PM

And lastly, I will start developing an Open Source Crowdsourcing site. Stay tuned for more.

Oh, ok.  I'm glad that somebody more experienced is going to do this. However, if there's anything I can do to help with coding or testing, please keep me posted.

PS: Still Alive

Great, now that song is stuck in my head again. Tongue

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: