Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:03:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest way to transact in BTC without an ID  (Read 207 times)
OdinsEye (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:20:28 AM

Hi all,

I'm totally new to Bitcoin, and am really only looking to buy it to use as a medium of exchange for a product Im interested in, and there's a deep discount being offered for people who buy in bitcoin.

The particulars are as follows:

Tomorrow (December 10th, 2017) is the last day for this sale.
I do not want to use photo ID to create a wallet.
I do not want to use a bank account.
I will be using my credit card to buy the bitcoin.

Basically, im buying enough bitcoin just to pay for the item, which is approximately 400 USD. I have no interest at this time in holding on to any. Do i still need a wallet?

I'll admit, not being familiar with cryptos and trying to figure out how to do this has been confusing, but i suspect it is possible? I read something about paper wallets, but Im not sure if I still would need a piece of identification to make a purchase from an exchange? Does that even make sense? Halp!

I figured I should ask you experts to help me out. Thanks guys/gals.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:28:25 AM

Basically, im buying enough bitcoin just to pay for the item, which is approximately 400 USD. I have no interest at this time in holding on to any. Do i still need a wallet?

Any time you're willing to pay for something and receive that something in return you're risking the seller not closing the transaction with you.

I'd engage in the transaction you're talking about ONLY if the seller is offering to put your bitcoin in an escrow account until payment has ben received or they send you the bitcoin first.

If you offer payment, you have no recourse if they don't bother to send you the Bitcoin you purchased.
OdinsEye (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:29:09 AM

I smell a scam  Shocked

The person/business im buying from is fairly reputable, so I have no trust issues there.

Unless, of course, you mean to say Im the scammer.  Huh

Id be saving ~180 bucks by purchasing with bitcoin because of the sale. I like saving money.  Smiley
OdinsEye (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:46:47 AM

Any time you're willing to pay for something and receive that something in return you're risking the seller not closing the transaction with you.

I'd engage in the transaction you're talking about ONLY if the seller is offering to put your bitcoin in an escrow account until payment has ben received or they send you the bitcoin first.

If you offer payment, you have no recourse if they don't bother to send you the Bitcoin you purchased.

So it sounds like I have to find a live human to buy the bitcoin from? Is there no way that its automated? Like i cant just go to an exchange, enter the amount of BTC i want, purchase with my credit card, receive the key, and then use it to buy the item i want?

This is all very alien to me.
OdinsEye (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:25:56 PM

Does anyone know? There's gotta be someone who does, considering how popular it's purported to be.

Maybe no one knows. *shrug*

I guess i'll have to try again when cryptocurrencies are more common and theres more infrastructure for it. It's not as straightforward as I thought it would be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: