Bitcoin Forum
June 12, 2024, 04:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In Need of some Developer help - maybe community crypto legal advice - ACT -  (Read 149 times)
burnum (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:22:59 AM

Ok so I have a question for those that are in the know on how our community should deal with Coin vs Coin.

The issue is complicated but here is a brief incomplete summary.

In early 2014 I decided to start a coin to get more people interested in crypto coins.
In 2014 I launched ACT - it was designed to target people that lived active lives to get them interested in crypto and the goal for the coin was for it to be used for buying recreational items and anything they would need to live an active lifestyle'
also to reward people that contributed while engaged in a active lifestyle, now honestly I knew it was too soon to start niche type of coins but i wanted to reserve the ticker and the logo and idea for a project i was passionate about and I believed it could weather the lows and survive, ACT (activecoin) had good hashrates and behind the trading scenes appeared to have good support - I was able to get it listed on an exchange honestly when at the time some exchanges insinuated and suggested that for a fee they would list coins (and I decided not to buy into exchanges), I bought into miner leases to keep hashing for those that were interested in the project and spent money on it that I earned at my day job to reward auctions on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Activecoin/ I might have gone about things wrong at the time in attempting to market the crypto but I have always had plans to invest in ACT and revive the blockchain I started that surely has a place in the world in many ways.

So the Issue is:
Achain has been using ACT as the ticker for their coin, it is tradable and listed on many different exchanges.
They have been using the same logo as activecoin: ACT
They have appropriated a brand that technically should be protected unless released by myself or those that hold ACT (activecoin) in a community vote while the chain is online.
I believe that the developers of achain were involved in the production of activecoin - using a copy of the bitcoin qt client that they sold to me through the bitcointalk.org forum.
To revive the blockchain of ACT (activecoin) at this point would be a head to head position against the Achain developers.
I am very upset that my creative content for an idea of a crypto was used without my consent.

-Chris-

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Lindazz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:31:20 AM

It's hard to say who the ACT belongs to, but it's also a current situation in cryptocurrency markets, where the abbreviation of the three letters of the alphabet is not enough, and it often leads to repetition.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
burnum (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:38:41 AM

It's hard to say who the ACT belongs to, but it's also a current situation in cryptocurrency markets, where the abbreviation of the three letters of the alphabet is not enough, and it often leads to repetition.
Read through my post, I believe the devs were also involved in developing the qt for activecoin in 2014 that i payed to have built. I could understand the abbreviations become a problem, but logo and abbreviation and the same person behind it?? No.. Achain is straight up a pull from my creative idea.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
burnum (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:23:41 AM

You know I guess its just me being pissed off about this, I have the tower i started everything on and so its all recorded clearly on the disk, I do not like one bit that these guy's took a project they worked on and took it's logo and ticker, there are lots of abbreviations that can be used.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: