Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:47:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-10] Craigslist Enable Sellers to Accept Bitcoin,  (Read 1998 times)
vit05 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:06:30 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/craigslist-enable-sellers-to-accept-bitcoin-more-merchants-adopt-cryptocurrencies

Craigslist, the US-based classified advertisements platform, has perhaps inadvertently given a sneak peak of its intention to allow sellers to accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as an official payment method.

Craigslist’s “Cryptocurrency Ok” option
On December 8, a member of an online Bitcoin community discovered that the Craiglist product and service listing page for merchants included an option entitled “Cryptocurrency Ok.”
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:26:02 AM

Again we are talking about medium to large transactions. I am sure that a great development of the use of bitcoin in trade can only give small and medium-sized transactions. Therefore, the price should be reduced. The speed of transaction should be only a few seconds. In its properties transaction bitcoin should not be different from banking.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:24:21 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/craigslist-enable-sellers-to-accept-bitcoin-more-merchants-adopt-cryptocurrencies

Craigslist, the US-based classified advertisements platform, has perhaps inadvertently given a sneak peak of its intention to allow sellers to accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as an official payment method. Craigslist’s “Cryptocurrency Ok” option. On December 8, a member of an online Bitcoin community discovered that the Craiglist product and service listing page for merchants included an option entitled “Cryptocurrency Ok.”

This can be a good news for many who are using Craigslist for advertising purposes since they can now use Bitcoin (and I assume they would also expand to other cryptocurrencies later on) which can be convenient for all of us. Now, we are hoping that the scaling problem and the transfer fees can be solved in favor of the many Bitcoin holders. Actually, there are many merchants and businesses who are just watching on how they can join the Bitcoin bandwagon but have some apprehensions because of the unsolved issues hounding Bitcoin for years. It would be futile to see merchants complaining that they are not getting good business from Bitcoin all because customers find the transfer fees to be too ridiculously prohibitive.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:34:23 PM

Not that much of a big deal. It's not 2013/2014 anymore where entire articles were dedicated purely to a single merchant accepting Bitcoin. On top of that, with how the market has gone up throughout the last years, people simply don't have much incentive to spend any of their coins. If people buy stuff with Bitcoin once, and they see that the market has gone up like 100% in a matter of months, they will then just stop doing so again. Stability and convenience are things giving people more incentive to spend. On a more positive note, it's always a good sign seeing merchants make the move to accept Bitcoin as payment option.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:53:40 PM

That's yet another name added to the list of sites and business accepting cryptocurrency as a payment method. I've never used Craigslist and I'm pretty positive, at this point in time that I never will. But it's great for people who do I guess. Nothing too major for the ecosystem nor for the price.
Not that much of a big deal. It's not 2013/2014 anymore where entire articles were dedicated purely to a single merchant accepting Bitcoin.
You're probably right. I wasn't here in 2013-14 but I can imagine that it must have been a big development if a merchant started accepting bitcoin. Right now I think I will only be impressed if Amazon starts accepting bitcoin or another crypto.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: