Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ♨♨♨ Is Bitcoin A Giant Ponzi Scheme?♨♨♨  (Read 1847 times)
posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:30:32 PM

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources

Is Bitcoin a giant Ponzi Scheme?

Bitcoin is not a Giant Ponzi Scheme, because it is glaring clear that Bitcoin as a cryptocurrency has no link or connection with any thing Ponzi. There are a lot of people who have actually benefited from investment of bitcoin who today are millionaires. And presently all investors of bitcoin are daily seeing the price value of  Bitcoin rising  and the price increasing exponentially. It is not so with ponzi scheme that tends to collect money from the new members to pay  the old members and make promises that can not be meet.Bitcoin is a crypto crrency that is worldly accepted for transactions, tradings, investments..... etc while ponzi scheme is widely condemn.
ShortCoins (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:44:41 PM

The arguments against bitcoin being a Ponzi Scheme are laughable.

Coin the term however you want. Bitcoin is the largest global scheme in the history of the world
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:46:57 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bitcoin-is-a-ponzi-scheme-and-it-will-collapse-like-one/ar-BBGCigr

"Ponzi schemes promise investors returns above what real investments yield, but the Ponzi scheme operator does little, if any, actual investing. Instead, cash from new investors is paid to earlier investors to maintain the illusion that the scheme is earning real profits.

All Ponzi schemes eventually collapse, of course, when sufficient amounts can no longer be raised from new investors to pay off earlier investors.

The same will occur with bitcoin and all other cyber currencies, except perhaps the ICOs. Investors will pull back from buying cyber currencies, causing their prices to begin a sustained decline.

That downward spiral will accelerate as cyber-currency "investors" try to bail out before prices plunge even more.  As one sports-radio commentator I heard recently sagely observed, cyber currencies are "imaginary money."  That reality will become readily evident as cyber currencies' prices approach zero"

(Source: Bert Ely, MSN, Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme)
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:12:48 PM

Jamie Dimon, the chairman, CEO and president of JPMorgan, the nation's largest retail bank, famously said he'd fire any employee who traded bitcoin, calling it "a fraud" and boldly predicting that it would eventually "blow up." Those sentiments echoed past remarks about bitcoin by Warren Buffett, perhaps the world's most admired investor.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:12:54 AM

"People get excited from big price movements, and Wall Street accommodates... Stay away from bitcoin. It's a mirage, basically. The idea that it has some huge intrinsic value is just a joke, in my view -- you can't value bitcoin because it's not a value-producing asset."
--Warren Buffett

https://realmoney.thestreet.com/articles/12/11/2017/sorry-ruin-surprise-bitcoin-will-collapse-2018
(Source: The Street, Bitcoin Will Collapse in 2018, Article Date: December 11th 2017)
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:46:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rotzgnrnfnY

If you want to learn more about the Ponzi Scheme, theres plenty of resources
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:51:47 AM

Bitcoin is the TOTAL opposite of ponzi. See, ponzi makes the pioneers rich without doing much. Bitcoin pioneers became rich because they hodl... for newbies like you, you don't know that HODLing bitcoins despite of FUDs is not damn easy. You would be tempted to cashout everytime you read bad news from twitter and other media. So where is the ponzi then? You have the power to exit and enter anytime... this is a strategy game, not ponzi.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:02:57 AM

Bitcoin is only backed by a program that creates artificial scarcity and said that because of this, the digital currency is not sustainable.

Once everyone starts to panic and sell off. The price will come crashing down
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:19:47 AM

HODL is not a proper strategy. At some point you have to sell in order to collect

Theres plenty of money to be made off the Ponzi Scheme. But when people stop buying into it, the prices will fall.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:31:03 AM

No I don't think bitcoin is a Ponzi Scheme. As far as I know ponzi scheme didn't last for a decade normally after 2 to 3 years it sudden burst and those behind it were already gone. Bitcoin on the other hand has already prove its capability to stay strong in the market aside from the fact that it's been working for almost a decade now, the payment that was receive by people are all out of earnings of a certain company who facilitate it.

Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 03:33:55 AM

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources

BITCOIN is more of a 'chain-letter', google that term,

PONZI sold stamps, which were tangible, ponzi ( the man ) told ppl to HODL their stamps and they would get 100% ROI per month, ... so that element is very similar

A chain-letter, or block-chain, is where you get you friend to join, and they get friends, and then the BTC goes from 10,000 BTC's for a pizza, to one btc for $10k USD

But PONZI was just one guy, today with BTC you have 100's if not 1,000's of criminals running exchanges and websites all scamming people, thus BTC is a chain-letter on steroids

These things never end well, but the block-chain is here to stay Smiley

I see you are talking just one side of Bitcoin. THINK for why people are believing.

We also have to think for technology and power used for production of it. This technology is really awesome, its a future and Bitcoin is just successful experiment done with blockchain and cryptography. More cryptocurrencies are currently available but soon there will be more than current.

I personally think, here Bitcoin is offering opportunity to everyone to dive in it. Now its up to user how they consider it and what expect in returns. More demands of bitcoins will definitely increase price of bitcoin in future. This is just beginning, everyone have this opportunity to get returns at just one time because if you wish to sell and buy it again then it will costs lot more according to current market. So decide when to come in and when to come out.
Klestar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:37:46 AM

for others bitcoin is a ponzi scheme only but actually because of bitcoin there's a lot of people reduced their poverty becaus of this so i think its more good in bitcoin and for me bitcoin is not a ponzi because it helps me alot to pay something and to buy anything that i want.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 03:50:30 AM

for others bitcoin is a ponzi scheme only but actually because of bitcoin there's a lot of people reduced their poverty becaus of this so i think its more good in bitcoin and for me bitcoin is not a ponzi because it helps me alot to pay something and to buy anything that i want.

Its I agree. Bitcoin really helps to remove poverty, as who supports Bitcoin and its technology. Bitcoin always gives best returns to there user and holder. But this just part of investment.

Bitcoin offers open source income platform for everyone, just person have to learn and understand. Currently who dare to understand bitcoin I think everyone must be happy with growth of bitcoins.

I can't say its ponzi because, It decentralized, no one control it. In fact Bitcoin have "0" value in my sight. But user interest and Proof of work costs more and will costs more and more in future according to difficulties, block height and block size. Halving and forks are also noticeable things that will impact on price of bitcoin in coming future.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:40:29 AM

More and more people are saying it is a Ponzi Scheme each day.

Can still make a lot of money off them. But be careful you don't wait too long to cash out.
Sasha Grey

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:23:43 AM

I do not think so, if it is true that bitcoin is the ponzi mak the richest man today is surely the inventor of Mr. Satoshi, but we never heard of him and according to the latest information he is still poor.
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:51:24 AM

dude..the only ponzi scheme based cryptocurreny are coins from this site = https://www.lendingplatformreviews.com/....bitcoin dont need recruit new member to stay alive and no need to advertise everywhere...people will always buy bitcoin because its the first one in blockchain technology
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:00:09 AM

The scariest part of bitcoin is that it is not a tangible asset and doesn't produce any revenues.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:12:28 AM

from what i understand is that bitcoin has nobody behind its system, meaning the people who are investing in this system are the owner, peer to peer, no single person are running this business, it is difficult to manipulate, not unless you own the majority of shares, calling it a PONZI scheme is not the right term, people are getting huge returns based on their investments. nobody gave it to them but themselves.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:21:18 AM

people are getting huge returns based on their investments

This is an interesting debate. You don't get any return until you cash out. And from what I see most people are HODLers

If the price were to crash, it would be so slow to sell off and so expensive to do so, that millions of investors could lose all of their returns. Who are the losers going to be on bitcoin? There has to be losers in order for there to be winners. 500B in profit can't just happen (the current market cap of all cryptos) without there being lots of people losing too. I predict the addresses holding most of the bitcoin will have a dramatic influence on BTC price if and when they choose to "cash out".
SunJAB

Activity: 406

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:24:43 AM

I disagree with this statement because bitcoin is an open blockchain system and there is no one behind to manipulate it unless you have a lot of bitcoin. There are many investors who are becoming millionaires because of bitcoin prices. I believe in the true value of bitcoin in the future.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: