Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining rig security  (Read 1324 times)
Whale (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 05:50:19 AM

Hello community, I am working often and I am planning about buying an avalon. I have also few mining rig GPU, I would like to protect them in case of a burglary with any remote device is there anything better than a GPS? Any suggestion? Thanks you
west17m

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 05:52:38 AM

Declare their replacement value as a rider on your homeowner's or renter's insurance.
Whale (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 02:35:27 PM

And is there any way to actually track them?
coinprize

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Invest NASDAQ in Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 02:43:00 PM

You could track them by GPS.
But it's very hard for you to identify the exactly floor and room in a large building.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:50:04 PM

You could track them by GPS.
But it's very hard for you to identify the exactly floor and room in a large building.

Does that really matter? I'm sure the police could search an entire apartment block if they believed it was in there. Its like saying the police looking for a stolen car wouldn't bother searching a carpark it was reported in.

dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:58:07 PM

Hello community, I am working often and I am planning about buying an avalon. I have also few mining rig GPU, I would like to protect them in case of a burglary with any remote device is there anything better than a GPS? Any suggestion? Thanks you

I have all my equipment in a windowless (but ventilated) spare room in my house.

I have a reverse facing digital combination deadbolt installed.

With a webcam pointed out at the door uploading video feed to a secure webserver.

If you're looking for GPS I recommend this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-Vehicle-Tracker-GPS-GSM-SMS-GPRS-Vehicle-Intelligent-Positioning-Terminal-/400422326178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item5d3b07cfa2

You have to buy a cheap prepaid SIM card and keep service active on it, it triangulates positioning via GPS sattelite and cell tower.

Plug that little sucker into a molex, tuck it away slyly in your case. And no one would know the difference.

There's always your homeowners insurance too.  Just save the paperwork that came along with buying your equipment.  That's why even if I buy equipment using BTC.  I save the receipts from when I buy the BTC.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 05:34:05 PM

simple solution, dont tell people that know your address you have an avalon.

the next solution is to bolt/cement it to the floor. any standard thieves only go for the easy items to lift in under a minute. the only people that would waste time trying to unbolt an avalon are people that know what it is. which brings me back to the simple solution

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: