Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:17:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!!!! Premining HELL - Need HELP!!!  (Read 2213 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:21:52 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2013, 08:24:46 AM by Vlad2Vlad

I'm getting ready to release a truly fair coin with the number one target market in mind being the miners.  They are the forgotten demography yet the most important to any coin's survival.

I developed this coin with the miner in mind and even when I badly wanted one feature like SHA256 I gave in to their wish for Scrypt.  The same was true for numerous features and issues.

Now I'm at an empasse and there's no way around it.  I didn't go cheap, I hired a good programmer with good experience and a great rep.

I made it clear that I hate premining but he told me that pre mining my 1% was the easiest way and any other way, otherwise I would require more money, time and another programmer.  

PLEASE HELP!

I want to release this coin for the people the miners but this is causing a problem.  I can't get rid of the 1% because that's my only reward and I will be working 70-80 hours per week on this and this Nuggets coin may may never be worth anything but its worth a chance cause I really enjoy it.

So far I've given in to every demand but I cannot just give up this 1%. I don't know any dev working for less and it's not right, I'm creating a new coin which will really help and benefit the small miner the most and I'm return many are angry at 1%.  I'm Quite shocked.  I'm not a bum off the street, a gold two degrees and earned nearly $10,000 at my last job at Well Fargo Bank - you get what you pay for.

My question is, is there a programmer here that can help me - can you make the 1% to be paid out gradually as it gets mined over the next 7 years? Cause the problem isn't the 1% as much as getting it all now. People are scared of pump and dumps and I can't blame them.

I even offered to put my coins In escrow or a public wallet so I can't sell them but there's so much anger towards me that nobody can think clearly.

I hope to launch this coin soon so if anyone can help I would be very grateful and I wish I could pay you a bounty but the miners also forced me to ban the 5% premine which would have gone to bounties, rewards, etc.  

I feel like my hands are tied and I wish they would just trust me only 1/10th of the trust I have showed them.

Please help me!

Edit:

I EMAILED THE PROGRAMMER TO REMOVE THE 1% premine.

Now there's ZERO premine.

This is not America!

Unreal!!!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:28:21 AM

Just look at how DeVCoin adds in all the payouts to the coinbase transaction.

What you want is much easier as you don't have to go read a file of who to pay what fraction of the payout, you can just hard-code an address that gets 1%.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
emerefer

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:29:48 AM

Like zenith coin, But this Idiot took 50% of the coins.

http://www.zenithcoin.com/?page_id=6
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:34:47 AM

The honest answer is don't premine. The dev have advantage anyway at the launch time, he will be able to get quickly some coins before everyone else ready. Also don't pay a programmer to do the job, or don't pay too much. There are free guides how to make coins. It's pretty easy, especially just change some parameters.

All previous premine usually less than 1%, and I think all are dumped to market (except a small portion for giveaways). People don't like that, period. But in most case if < 1% people will still accept it, though you can see the trading price will be lower for those who have premines. I never heard 2% not to mention 5%, it's a complete joke Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:37:05 AM

I have been following nugget for a while and I must agree 1% IS a lot but it is to help the coin. People really shouldnt complain because it will help them in the long run. If you really wanted to make money you would copy and paste and then premine it without telling people. What you have done is add innovation and trying to help the coin with this.
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:39:44 AM

I have been following nugget for a while and I must agree 1% IS a lot but it is to help the coin. People really shouldnt complain because it will help them in the long run. If you really wanted to make money you would copy and paste and then premine it without telling people. What you have done is add innovation and trying to help the coin with this.
every coin says that, and every coin most of the premine is dumped to the market by devs. So don't pretend to be "helping the coin". There's no need to do premine to help the coin. The way to help the coin is to have a great community and good supporting team.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:40:35 AM

If you really must premine it would be trivial to make the coins in the premine unspendable until after a certain block.  It should take about a half dozen lines of code.  

However I doubt it will really matter.  It is a confidence thing. Most will just see it as a pump and dump.  Those that do mine it will be mining it to dump first.  This creates a race to the bottom.  Those that hold lose, so already lacking confidence they see price fall and dump as well.  Nobody is buying and everyone is selling.  Then difficulty is too high for the negligible real returns so miners quit in droves and time between blocks skyrockets.

Welcome to the coin graveyard where coins enter and never leave.  Maybe not dead but possibly undead.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:46:37 AM

Or you could do like "if block height mod 100 equals 1 then plug in my address instead of miner's address"...

Why take 1% of every block, pissing off all the miners, when you can take the whole block 1/100th of the time, pissing off maybe only 1% of the miners initially until all except the small miners have been dinged?

This will really help the small miners as a miner who only mines one block has a 99% chance of getting paid, but a miner who mines twice as much has twice the chance of not getting paid, and a miner who mined every block all by themselves leaving none to others would lose every 100th block without fail!

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:48:37 AM

Just premine or take your 1% and be done with it. The fact you are making such a big deal about this just proves that you know its not the right thing to do. The whining has overstayed its welcome. You are getting ridiculous man. At this point it feels like begging and we are not going to throw you a pity parade. Take your cut or don't. I really don't think anyone cares anymore. Youre going to kill your coin before you even launch it if you keep this baby shit up

fishy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:48:42 AM

Or you could do like "if block height mod 100 equals 1 then plug in my address instead of miner's address"...

Why take 1% of every block, pissing off all the miners, when you can take the whole block 1/100th of the time, pissing off maybe only 1% of the miners initially until all except the small miners have been dinged?

This will really help the small miners as a miner who only mines one block has a 99% chance of getting paid, but a miner who mines twice as much has twice the chance of not getting paid, and a miner who mined every block all by themselves leaving none to others would lose every 100th block without fail!

-MarkM-

What is block height?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:51:23 AM

-MarkM-

What is block height?

Its block number along main valid chain.

In other words, every 100th block everyone can go mine some other coin, knowing they wouldn't get paid if they mined this one.

But, someone could go ahead and mine it anyway, knowing they won't get paid, because they also know that will make a whole 'nother 99 blocks that pay become available.

-MarkM-

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:52:13 AM

-MarkM-

What is block height?

The order or index of blocks in the blockchain.  The genesis block is block zero.  For bitcoin the most recent block is 246495.  Some people say block number but block height is more accurate as blocks aren't numbered and two blocks (in competing chains) can have the same height.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:55:24 AM

Maybe forum trolls should get 1% of all coins of all chains, since they too work really hard wasting people's time doing work best left un-done...

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:57:10 AM

Just look at how DeVCoin adds in all the payouts to the coinbase transaction.

What you want is much easier as you don't have to go read a file of who to pay what fraction of the payout, you can just hard-code an address that gets 1%.

-MarkM-

If I give you the name to the programmer can you please give him and idea cause he's not able to do it.  I'll PM you his name but he wants to remain anonymous be she's he has a a good rep and wants no part of this.  I would be so thankful.  This Mob may even go for the 5% for bounties as long as it wasn't premined.  Thank you so much, Mark.

Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:57:48 AM

every coin says that, and every coin most of the premine is dumped to the market by devs. So don't pretend to be "helping the coin". There's no need to do premine to help the coin. The way to help the coin is to have a great community and good supporting team.

But if it is in a public address you can see what the dev does with it. Why make a quick $$$ when you can help the coin enough to make a lot more of it?
nave
Donator

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:59:12 AM

I don't see why any coin needs a premine. Bounties for services can be done through donation if enough people believe in a coin and are not just in it for a pump and dump. Bitcoin didn't have a premine, neither did litecoin. I'd say they're doing fairly well. I personally ignore any coin that has any sort of a premine. What is so different about your Nuggets that you deserve 1% of the total coin ever to be generated? It's not hard to copy and paste a new coin with a few variable changes, that certainly doesn't take 70-80 hours per week, or require the hiring of a dedicated programmer. What significant code changes and value is added with Nuggets that benefits the users of the coin in exchange for this 1% that the users are paying to you? Until this is answered I can't help but see a premine like this as pure greed.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:59:39 AM

Just premine or take your 1% and be done with it. The fact you are making such a big deal about this just proves that you know its not the right thing to do. The whining has overstayed its welcome. You are getting ridiculous man. At this point it feels like begging and we are not going to throw you a pity parade. Take your cut or don't. I really don't think anyone cares anymore. Youre going to kill your coin before you even launch it if you keep this baby shit up

I'm trying to find the best solution for everyone and you're still not happy?  Sad.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:00:29 AM

But if it is in a public address you can see what the dev does with it. Why make a quick $$$ when you can help the coin enough to make a lot more of it?

Because all the coins are simply copy and paste nothings.  The "devs" know that and know in the long run the coin is going to zero.  So premine a million crapCoins dump then on an exchange for 10,000 crapCoins per BTC and walk away with 100 BTC.  The losers are the ones who mined and held and of course the suckers who traded BTC/LTC for something that a couple weeks later isn't even trading at 1,000,000 crapCoins per BTC.

It isn't one or two times that exact process has played on like clorkwork a couple dozen times with the exact same results each time.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 08:01:19 AM

I'm trying to find the best solution for everyone and you're still not happy?  Sad.

Bullshit, you are trying to find a coin you can get 1% of, and so determined to do that that you are even willing to commission the creation of yet another crapcoin if that is what it is going to take to get you 1% of a coin.

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 08:01:33 AM

I tried that but the second these guys hear premine they go crazy.  I was even willing to put it in an escrow account and lock it up 6 months.  Nothing.  Premine shuts off all their common sense.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: