Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:51:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The effect of futures on BTC  (Read 246 times)
hypersonic1 (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:27:25 AM

I was wondering what people think te effect of futures will be on BTC.

I honestly think that if it was used positively that it would helpt BTC as people would have a place to visit and buy, but in all honesty I just feel like those with tons of cash to throw around can actively manipulate the market now as they have massive liquidity. How can we overcome this? Should we be worrying?

opinions please.

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:54:39 AM

I have been hearing mixed views about the effect of futures. Personally I am not sure, I do think they will bring more liquidity into the market and that is a good thing. However I do hear the argument that futures sell "assets" that don't exist. This is a huge risk as far as I'm concerned.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:10:01 AM

I am looking at it this way: What would you do if you are a big boy banker?
You have a lot of money and bitcoin can be manipulated to a certain point, the price at least.
I would of bought a ton of bitcoin at like 5-6k, because I would know when the futures would come. With the recent hype in the mainstream media Bitcoin is known by almost everyone. (At least where I live, Western part of the world)
Making people feel stupid they missed out when they first heard about it earlier this year.
Now with so many waiting to throw their money into Bitcoin, I as a money making machine would of course pump the price after futures are released to a new ATH (maybe 20-30k) and then short it while selling huge chunks of bitcoin. Making a shitload of money.

whynotBTC

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:13:51 AM

Man if you ask me Bitcoin will be kind of investment. Maybe in the future there will be too many options about fastest transactions (Faster system than Lightning Network). Bitcoin will not be the only payment system of course but it is going to be the most popular. See you in future
etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 10:43:42 AM

I can't wait for this btc futures to be official traded there seems to be alot of conflicting opinions about it.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 10:48:36 AM

You assume that Bitcoin futures are based on physical delivery. I believe that settlement is in cash and not Bitcoin. If this is so, then the provision of Bitcoin is not really relevant, as it's just a simple gamble. If you bet on a horse to win, you don't get the horse if it wins, you just get the money.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: