Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-CME Futures Designed so Whales Can Cash Out of BTC without dropping price  (Read 181 times)
bitfools (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:59:47 AM

Goldman-Sachs/CME-BRR-BTC - They were pumping BTC on wall st years ago. These futures are being brought in to allow whales to hedge while to exiting large positions. Plain and simple.

Time to cash out or hedge people. Things are going down hill from here

- the way I understand is say a big holder of bitcoin (a 100 million worth) wanted to cash out say half his position but not roil bitcoin spot trading by just dumping thousands of coins in one go.  So said holder buys an option to go short bitcoin and *then* dumps say 100 coins per day until they are finished selling.  By hedging the price of bitcoin, they are locking in a set minimum price for each coin sold.

Pretty much. There have been some very large gains created here, but it is going to be difficult for them to lock those in without washing out the market. Remember BTC has a large transaction backlog and no fed backstop. Beneath that shiny BTC price this thing is a mess. Everyone now knows how concentrated the holdings are. So you better think again if you think the likes of the Wrinklenuts twins care about the long term viability of BTC over those newly minted fotunes.

You watch, those dramatic "V" shaped recoveries are going to be a thing of the past
bitfools (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:03:45 AM

i'm screwed. lol  Coinbase requires 48 hours to clear my BTC from their vault before i can trade or sell. damn... won't be available until Monday morning 11ish. probably be half of what it is now.

I am really curious to find out, too.

In my humble opinion, they will drive bitcoin price to the moon, at least at first, by using the future but making money in the bitcoin market.

It is much easier than shorting bitcoin, and they make profits while accumulating bitcoins in the market.

Once the price is sky-high and they have enough bitcoins, however, they will short and make money on the futu

Gold:  "Welcome to the fix, Bitcoin, have a seat with me in the back row and we'll watch the paper tails wag our dogs."

[ GS has been manipulating gold for years, and now it owns BTC ]

So what the fuck did we all expect?

For all intents and purposes, means Goldamn sets the reference rate.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Also means the Borg is Assimilating BitCoin
And it ain't gonna be for anything other than the Goldman Collective's benefit

Y'all ain't seen manipulation , yet.
It will be glorious to behold

Keep your nuts where they belong, folks.
bitfools (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:14:04 AM

So the white morons in the west will end up holding the empty bag, but don't worry gomer pyle, your credit card debt that used to buy the BTC is still there Smiley

tick tock tick tock tic talk...

waiting for the world of armchair financial geniuses to catch on to the fact that

it was China which was first in on the whale sized buttcoin con-fabulation...

and first out - with the recent crackdown greatly lessening the proportion of that 'market' in the hands of Sinitic parties. And with the handing over of the shell game to the usual suspects back in the west...

the usual bagholders can expect to take it up the ass. Agin.

Wealth and power - shifting east - but staying in the same grimy tentacles of a squid critter as always. GOLMAN LUVS GOLD - always has/always will. Everything else... is a means to the end of controlling 'my precious.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u51qgNCyPAE Peter Cushing in Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires....
HAMMER TIME!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: