Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need some advice on purchasing Pre-orders for bitcoin mining rigs.  (Read 658 times)
tarui (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:51:23 AM

here's some facts of the case

1. I've bought (won the auction on ebay for an avalon batch 2, no. 3xxx).

2. due to the seller's paypal account having problems with accepting large amounts, he wants me to pay to 2 paypal accounts.

3. i've not yet paid the seller.

4. after the seller receives the item, he will forward it to me by DHL again.

I've looked at the avalon batch 2 thread and it seems the batch 2 3xxx orders are shipping??

What I am offering right now is to pay half the amount to the paypal account tied to that particular ebay account then when I get the dhl tracking number to me, i will pay the other half. Also, since ebay's dispute resolution is only good for 90days, i would wait for 80+ days for it to arrive before i raise any disputes(non-delivery) because once past 90 days I have no recourse, he has my money and no rig on my hands.

/dev/null

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:54:27 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2013, 10:07:03 AM by /dev/null

It's a scam

Many peoples are doing this.

1. They get a hacked ebay account with some feedbacks and a verified paypal (not their own) , then put something on sale and ask money.
Then transfer money to another paypal (mules) and withdraw it to bank account then close both pp account.

tarui (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:55:41 AM

It's a scam

pre-order address can not be changed.

it's batch 2 and i have the screenshot of the order number.

and seller is forwarding it to me after he gets it.
/dev/null

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:59:17 AM

It's a scam

pre-order address can not be changed.

it's batch 2

and seller is forwarding it to me after he gets it.

Yeah I mis read your thread, but still it wil be better if you take some sort of id proof etc from seller before paying money and confirm order no./name from avalon. Check my edited post again.

dxtwo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

coins...coins...as far as you can see

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:22:02 AM

here's some facts of the case

1. I've bought (won the auction on ebay for an avalon batch 2, no. 3xxx).

2. due to the seller's paypal account having problems with accepting large amounts, he wants me to pay to 2 paypal accounts.

3. i've not yet paid the seller.

4. after the seller receives the item, he will forward it to me by DHL again.

I've looked at the avalon batch 2 thread and it seems the batch 2 3xxx orders are shipping??

What I am offering right now is to pay half the amount to the paypal account tied to that particular ebay account then when I get the dhl tracking number to me, i will pay the other half. Also, since ebay's dispute resolution is only good for 90days, i would wait for 80+ days for it to arrive before i raise any disputes(non-delivery) because once past 90 days I have no recourse, he has my money and no rig on my hands.

Paypal does not allow payments over 10k each. So I assume the amount is greater than that. It could be a scam, but it could be real.

I would get photo identification (scan copy). Copy of utility bill. And do a webcam with the person holding the ID to prove identity. You also deposit the money into their bank account after signing an agreement. Before depositing, ask the teller if the name of the account matches the sellers.
tarui (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:01:47 AM

Paypal does not allow payments over 10k each. So I assume the amount is greater than that. It could be a scam, but it could be real.

I would get photo identification (scan copy). Copy of utility bill. And do a webcam with the person holding the ID to prove identity. You also deposit the money into their bank account after signing an agreement. Before depositing, ask the teller if the name of the account matches the sellers.

actually it's below US$10,000

he's from israel and i'm from singapore so cant really do bank transfer since ebay only allows recourse on paypal.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 11:06:38 AM

Solution: Hire an escrow service.
tarui (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:30:39 AM

recommendations? would it still work for pre-orders?

i think he doesnt have an account here.
dxtwo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

coins...coins...as far as you can see

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:35:22 AM

Less than 10k and two PayPal accounts? ... Not sure how other countries work,  but if same policy, I would only use escrow. I find it extremely hard to believe he doesn't have an account here if he has a preorder.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:48:27 AM

recommendations? would it still work for pre-orders?

i think he doesnt have an account here.

John K is the most credible and trusted escrow around here.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:15:42 AM

Seriously, don't send your money to this person. An honest person would never ask you to send money to more than one paypal account. There is no logical reason to do this but scam  someone. Why not buy an Avalon from someone who has it on hand? There will be many Avalon clones available very soon. I would report this person to ebay and the police as a likely fraud.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: