Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About the future. Why would wall street go short when they can go long ?  (Read 205 times)
netcashfx (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:19:14 AM

Starting to open short positions against such a powerful trend is dangerous and is not in the interest of anybody. Wall street has in fact a strong interest to go long early and exploit the excitation about bitcoin to stimulate adoption. Once the price start to levitate they will be able to have a stronger impact when selling their position and go short to buy back cheaper just after.

FULL ARTICLE:

https://medium.com/@netcashfx/futures-will-only-feed-the-growth-4205f77806
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:00:44 PM

Starting to open short positions against such a powerful trend is dangerous and is not in the interest of anybody. Wall street has in fact a strong interest to go long early and exploit the excitation about bitcoin to stimulate adoption. Once the price start to levitate they will be able to have a stronger impact when selling their position and go short to buy back cheaper just after.

FULL ARTICLE:

https://medium.com/@netcashfx/futures-will-only-feed-the-growth-4205f77806

Most of the Wall street experts think that bitcoin is just a bubble and nothing more.
They think it will burst sooner or later and the short positions are better,because there`s less risk involved.
Anyway,i don`t want Wall street to "exploit" anything about bitcoin and it will be better if Wall Street stays away from btc.The higher btc price actually stops the bitcoin adoption.

Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:08:07 PM

Wall street can't stay away from bitcoin. They have long appreciated the scale of this market and want to meddle with his dirty paws. It does not matter what personal attitude to bitcoin are speculators on wall street. I don't want bitcoin appeared on the Chicago stock exchange. I hope that this idea will fail.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:14:34 PM

At first,wall street companies were against bitcoin criticizing it.But when they realized that they could not stop bitcoin's progress any more,they just changed their attitude and decided to get involved in bitcoin.Its not good for bitcoin.And now with bitcoin futures to be released by CME,there would be huge price manipulation by speculators and bitcoin may face a crash just like tulipomania.
netcashfx (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:38:28 PM

I am from this world. And I can tell you this thing is driving people crazy. We thought it was a scam and once you've been prove wrong long enough you start to try to understand and you open your eyes. Bitcoin is the biggest phenomenon I have seen. There is always more to understand. Wall street is not doing bitcoin to kill it. They are doing it because it's the best opportunity to make money that has ever happened in the whole history. Nothing is as strong as bitcoin and it's possible because the world has become fucked up. Banksters are getting screwed by geeks. They used to have the best opportunities. They are late now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: