Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:46:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugh... did I just lose my BTC?  (Read 2444 times)
JoeLF (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 10:51:39 AM

Hi there,

Hoping someone has some insight for me or possible next steps.

I've been using the MyBitcoin wallet for about a month now and had no problems with using it as my wallet prior to the MtGox compromise. Earlier today my auto payment from my pool went into effect and sent my BTC to my wallet with MyBitcoin. I tried logging in for the first time in a few weeks into MyBitcoin but could not.

No matter what I do, I cannot log into MyBitcoin or contact them for assistance. I tried registering a new login to contact, but that won't even log me in using the new registrations either. As a matter of fact, I was able to re-register several times with the same username, but could not log in.

My pool account shows my BTC as sent to my MyBitcoin wallet address. My pool account is about empty, so there was no 'bounce back', and I cannot log into my MyBitcoin wallet account, so I have no access to those coins.

I looked up the address on blockexplorer and it shows a list of my previous transactions, but this one hadn't shown up yet. That said, its only been an hours since the transaction occurred.

I'm a bit disgruntled. While it was not a fortune, it is plenty enough to worry about. With the higher difficulty it has taken some time to mine what I had, so I really don't want to see this effort go to waste.

What can I do now? Is there a way to recover those BTC? Anyone else with issues with MyBitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:12:22 AM

Looks like my transaction has now appeared in BlockExplorer, but its 'not yet redeemed'. There are other addresses associate with the block, but so were my other previous secure and successful transactions. I'm not sure what to make of this, if anything.
JackbeQuick

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:23:02 AM

I have this problem too!!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:53:50 AM

I have this problem too!!

This thread has some info:
 - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22221.0

Specifically:
 - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22221.msg301017#msg301017

Incentally, I've tried creating a new account and also find that I cannot Sign In using the exact same strong password used to Sign Up seconds earlier.

[Update: More reports of this: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=25590.0 ]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

JackbeQuick

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 12:04:56 PM

Good to know other people have this problem. Maybe it is just tempory
JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:49:10 AM

Well, now I am able to login, but the transaction isn't showing up in my account. Anyone with a similar issue? Just sent a support message.

Thx.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:40:59 AM

Earlier today my auto payment from my pool went into effect and sent my BTC to my wallet with MyBitcoin.

My pool account shows my BTC as sent to my MyBitcoin wallet address.

I looked up the address on blockexplorer and it shows a list of my previous transactions, but this one hadn't shown up yet.

If it isnt' in http://www.BlockExplorer.com yet, then it definitely won't be in MyBitcoin.

If it was just recently sent I would suggest you check to see if it is just queued up:
 - http://www.bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin

but hours later if it isn't in the queue and not in BlockExplorer then it was likely never sent.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:08:40 AM

Thanks Stephen.

The transaction has shown up in Blockexplorer, but I'm not sure what to make of the data. It does not show up in my account in MyBitcoin however.

Is it safe to publish my Address in Blockexplorer for review?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 07:22:04 AM

Yeah, there's no way anyone can steal from you with just the block explorer address.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:31:57 AM

Ok, thanks.

Does anyone care to take a look? I'm not sure what to make of it, if anything. The address below is the one I used for the wallet.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1F6GZ4iK5MGS941Gv9f86jFAuBSXW8UbP8

The transaction in question is the one that just occurred yesterday with approx 10 BTC.

The issue at hand is that its not showing up in the MyBitcoin UI or registered within my account there.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 07:34:29 AM

Check again in MyBitcoin. The balance now shows 0, because there was a send from that address.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:39:53 AM

Thanks. Still nothing (well, besides 0.04BTC, which was there before).

I checked under transaction history, and there are no transactions related to this set of BTCs. Last one that shows on the account was on 6/18.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:25:51 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 08:42:48 AM by Stephen Gornick

Check again in MyBitcoin. The balance now shows 0, because there was a send from that address.

Because the address is part of MyBitcoin's wallet, the spend will not necessarily be a spend by the OP.   That most likely was a spend by any other MyBitcoin user.
  - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/EWallet

Thanks. Still nothing (well, besides 0.04BTC, which was there before).

I checked under transaction history, and there are no transactions related to this set of BTCs. Last one that shows on the account was on 6/18.

But you've received at that address ( 1F6GZ4iK5MGS941Gv9f86jFAuBSXW8UbP8 ) previously?  If so then MyBitcoin should credit your MyBitcoin account for that -- even if you've requested a new bitcoin address on the site.

If you haven't yet, use the Contact form on their site to inquire.  

Specifically, point out the block number of the block that included your payment to your MyBitcoin account.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:38:31 AM

Yes, I have received payments to that address before with no problem. This is the first time there has been an issue.

I've sent a message earlier today but hadn't heard back yet (to be fair, its only been about 4 hours). I guess I was just a bit worried due to the login issues last night where I couldn't even log in at all. I'll continue to wait for a message from them then.

Just a little irked and worried that I may be just 'out'. It did take some time to mine those. Was hoping there'd be some clue within the BlockExplorer tracking as to whats happening.

Thanks again.
JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:10:06 AM

Nothing back from MyBitcoin yet...
JoeLF (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:06:01 PM

Just sent another ticket to their support. This is frustrating.

Within Blockexplorer I did see the address that 'my address' eventually sent its BTC off to sent it somewhere else, but since this is an EWallet, I'm not sure if that means anything.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:14:01 PM

"Ticket"?

Are you referring to the "Send a Message" which is accessed from:
  -  https://www.mybitcoin.com/login/mailbox.php

I don't think they communicate through email so any response would be seen only using that Mailbox feature.

Within Blockexplorer I did see the address that 'my address' eventually sent its BTC off to sent it somewhere else, but since this is an EWallet, I'm not sure if that means anything.

Correct, incoming payments to an address assigned to you from an eWallet get credited to your eWallet account, but payments from those addresses are not likely from your account.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:48:30 PM

"Ticket"?

Are you referring to the "Send a Message" which is accessed from:
  -  https://www.mybitcoin.com/login/mailbox.php

I don't think they communicate through email so any response would be seen only using that Mailbox feature.

Correct, incoming payments to an address assigned to you from an eWallet get credited to your eWallet account, but payments from those addresses are not likely from your account.
I don't think they communicate at all.  This is the umpteenth time I've seen someone lose coins or their account at mybitcoin, and mybitcoin refuses to respond.  Talk about a scam...
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 05:50:06 PM

This is how MyBitcoin make their money, from lost accounts. They've had 1BTC from me
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:54:44 PM

They already have two negative ratings on bitcoinfeedback too...

http://bitcoinfeedback.com/viewuser.php?id=195

I can't believe people are still using this service.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: