Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:54:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Ethereum?  (Read 435 times)
Aimer08 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:36:24 AM

I prefer on bitcoin because it has a higher value that Ethereum in which you can easily have much money. Particularly bitcoin is not just an easy to get but if you're hard working and patience people it's worth the wait day by day the price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher.
drunkcoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:39:55 AM

As a newbie, I'd rather go with Ethereum that is more affordable, more stable and supports smart contracts making it not just an asset, but also a payment tool.
MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:47:13 AM

It depends on how do you compare them and what do you want to use them for. Ethereum is better than Bitcoin and Bitcoin is better than Ethereum at the same time.

They’ve made several completely different design choices and as with every choice it opens some oportunities and closes dosens of others.

I would highlight a couple of main differences:

Purpose

Bitcoin is a currency
Ethereum is a platform for running decentralized apps (aka smart contracts)
Supply

Bitcoin is deflational
The overall amount of BTC ever produced is limited
Ethereum is inflational
The ETH supply in unlimited
Security

Bitcoin is simple and limited
The built-in language is stask-based and stateless
That’s why you can not express a loop and it’s not Turing-complete (this means, that there are some programs, that are impossible to write)
Ethereum has a rich programming language built-in
The built-in language is Turing-complete (this means that you can code anything you want)
More complexity implies more opportunities to make an error
Adoption

Bitcoin has a first move advantage
My mom knows what Bitcoin is
The community is a lot bigger
It’s easier to get started
There are already a lot of places where you can pay with BTC
Ethereum is less known and younger
It uses “move fast and break things” motto
It learned from Bitcoin and fixed a couple of issues in it’s design
The community is smaller and therefore has more developers than speculators
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:13:19 PM

Both bitcoin and ethereum are good to invest. But i choose bitcoin for now because of its high value and popularity. Bitcoin will not fall easily because there are so many investor, investing on it.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
bingble

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 12:17:07 PM

I prefer Ethereum, Ethereum has more value-added potential.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:19:16 PM

If you are a long term investor then it is better to choose ethereum because ethereum price is very cheap for now when compared to bitcoins so if the price of ethereum bumped little bit then it will give us more profit than the profit from bitcoin bump.
I hope the price of ethereum will bump in the year 2018,so a smart investor will invest on ethereum.But it is not good to invest on single crypto because high risk for losing our investment so we can split our investment and invest on crypto to reduce the risk factor.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:20:34 PM

I think this topic already posted. But in my opinion bitcoin is the best buy. Bitcoin now is low so I think it is time to buy. From $16700 today it is now $14200 so I guess if you buy today and bitcoin reach $30k, your investment will double after that.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1890
Merit: 370

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:24:30 PM

Bitcoin for the win, because of its high value and i think it is more secure than ethereum, and besides you will surely profit if you invest in bitcoin because the growth rate of bitcoin is higher than it's decrease rate.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:24:42 PM

Well, bitcoin is much better and will always be better than ethereum. Although it is also a crypto, it is not that much known, used in any transactions, nor gaining so much price. Bitcoin, which is now has its growing community and popularity, will and might eradicate other and some of the altcoins - which is a downfall on traders and in trading businesses.
HunterBTC

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:26:13 PM

The possibility of bitcoiners wanting to invest in both, because both are things to invest like bitcoin, if big investors are looking at this currency they may be switching their capital to Bitcoin if our ethereum can get it according to the work we follow on the bitcointalk forum, we can follow bounty and others, so we can start investing small for initial capital that is holding ethereum result from our participation in bounty and other campaign.
donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:37:05 PM

I agree with you, bitcoin has a promising rise in price.
before I was very hesitant to invest dibitcoin, 7 months ago I saw bitcoin is priced at 24 million but current price bitcoin 200 million more.

xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:48:04 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are different projects. Bitcoin is supposed to be developed as a currency, its value has been increasing lately. Ethereum has a lot of features that Bitcoin doesn't have for example personal tokens, smartcontracts and applications run on blockchain. Ethereum value won't increase as fast as Bitcoin but it is definitely worth looking into it. I wouldn't be surprised if Ethereum continued to be the most used altcoin for the next years.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:50:05 PM

for the future i choose ethereum because ethereum have a good concept that can makes the token smart contract to any people who need the contract to create the token, i think it will good in the future than bitcoin, i know that bitcoin right now have a biggest price but in thext year or future who know that ethereum have a great value?

cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:58:52 PM

Although I own bitcoins, I think that 2018 is gonna be a year of altcoin like 2017 was a year of bitcoins. So, i'd better invest now in ethers.
ritik01

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:06:23 PM

Both Bitcoin and Ethereum have created their own value in the market. In the future, ETH will increase more expensive value
in market. In the future both of them will maintain their ownership on other crypto currency.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:09:22 PM

If you want to make a choice what to invest in, bitcoin or Ethereum, that depends on the amount you are planning to invest. Now bitcoin is 14K and that's a large amount, so maybe you don't want to buy a whole bitcoin. Or you could invest in Ethereum. Both will bring good profits, bitcoin in maybe less time than ethereum.
There's a bigger difference between the Both, if it comes to possibilities. Ethereum is for smart contracts, bitcoin is more of a currency.

dotts

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:13:27 PM

For me, I choose bitcoin because it is a superior investment, it has faster transaction and more stable. Bitcoin grow in popularity and bicoin value is increasing every now and then. So we have the opportunity to gain high profit.
janah

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:16:23 PM

I prefer on bitcoin because it has a higher value that Ethereum in which you can easily have much money. Particularly bitcoin is not just an easy to get but if you're hard working and patience people it's worth the wait day by day the price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher.
I prefer bitcoin because its too popular to the people and too many investor of it means it will not fall easily.
I prefer bitcoin because its hassle free.
I prefer bitcoin because its the father of all cryptocurrency.
I prefer bitcoin because its grow a lot since i am using it.
I prefer bitcoin because i believe that bitcoin will be our future money someday.
R21

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:18:10 PM

You can prefer bitcoin, because it's present rising value situation. you can prefer also ethereum and liecoin.
Piggie1298

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:19:26 PM

I've both of them. I like both of them. Ethereum has on the longer terms more potential but BTC is more known to the ordinary people. So at this moment BTC is much more populair.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: