Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:05:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a moderator please I have received fake feedback from TradeFortress  (Read 3777 times)
netzwerg (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:10:16 PM

So, today I accessed my account and found that I have received negative trust from two users, DiamondCardz and TradeFortress.

Here is a copy of the pms:

I sent this to both of them:

Hello,

I noticed you left me negative trust, can I ask why?

I am the operate for the YACoin p2p pool node http://pool.bitcn.org:8336/static/ here is the forum thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204890

I have not scamming anyone and the trust you left me is very confusing. Can you please explain why or otherwise I will have to ask a mod to remove your trust.

Here are the replies I received:

Hi,

Join me on Freenode - /query TradeFortress

I am not dumb.

I've been told to leave you negative trust because you are part of a phishing ring. (I was told so by a trusted member with lots of rep)

I have not scamming anyone and the trust you left me is very confusing. Can you please explain why or otherwise I will have to ask a mod to remove your trust.

Mods don't remove trust, I believe. I'll contact the person who told me to leave the trust about it, ofc I'm not going to elaborate further because this "phishing ring" goes quite deep and I'm trying to stop it.

After checking the information, this trust will not be removed as your account was bought.

Here is the PM I sent back to TradeFortress:

Huh? I have nothing to say to you.

Just to let you know I've reported you to a moderator, but can you please explain why you left that negative trust, it doesn't make any sense. How is my account a scam or phishing account? I find this whole thing very confusing...

And to DiamondCardz:

Umm... what? This is not a premium account it's a free one, and what would that have to do with anything?

Just to let you know I've reported you to a moderator.

And here is the replies I received:

I'm happy to talk to you.

http://webchat.freenode.net/

Enter your nickname.

Type /query TradeFortress

Say hi.

k9k9k9k9k9k9k

Listen, join me on IRC and I'm happy to talk to you.

Or do you prefer BitMessage or Cryptocat?

As you can see, it's clear this TradeFortress person told DiamondCardz to leave me negative trust, he seems to want me to chat 'off-site' which I do not feel comfortable doing.

I have search the forums and found a number of scam accusations against this TradeFortress so I have decided to block him as I think he is trying to scam me.

It's also clear that DiamondCardz blindly left me trust without actually believing it too.

Can I ask a mod to please remove this fake feedback? I have not scammed anyone and do not see any reason to warrant negative trust.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:16:59 PM

Actually, I left you that for a very specific reason, which is stated.

Quit being an obvious shill, will you?

EDIT: Also, the fact you publicly posted PM's is also a reason why no-one should trust you.

As you can see, it's clear this TradeFortress person told DiamondCardz to leave me negative trust, he seems to want me to chat 'off-site' which I do not feel comfortable doing.

Not entirely.

I sent you the "k9k9k9k9k9" PM because I really can't be bothered. I was extorted for the whole of yesterday by a phishing ring.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:19:51 PM

as far as i understand it, there is no moderation for "feedback" aka trust system.

anyone can do whatever they want.

^ This.

Mods do not remove trust ratings, all that can happen is that an admin removes you from the trust list.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:21:20 PM

Actually, I left you that for a very specific reason, which is stated.

Quit being an obvious shill, will you?

EDIT: Also, the fact you publicly posted PM's is also a reason why no-one should trust you.

I just noticed your trust says something different to TradeFortress's:

Is trying to extort me, and is part of a large phishing ring.

Go fuck yourself. Or should I say, yourselves?

If you could please report the message I sent you to the mods, thanks. I have never contacted you before in my life.

Also posting pms is fine when you do something so fishy. All I want is to fix the fake feedback.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:21:49 PM

Hi netzwerg!

You are one of the purchased accounts of BTCTalkAccounts, a person connected to the recent phishing and scamming events.

As this topic is sensitive, information has been sent to global moderators.

Have a good day, and I'd still like to reach contact with you.
netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:23:55 PM

Hi netzwerg!

You are one of the purchased accounts of BTCTalkAccounts, a person connected to the recent phishing and scamming events.

As this topic is sensitive, information has been sent to global moderators.

Have a good day, and I'd still like to reach contact with you.

I still don't fully understand, what are you saying? I deserve negative trust because I am a premium member? I did not pay for this account I registered it here, it is a free one.
netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:27:30 PM

as far as i understand it, there is no moderation for "feedback" aka trust system.

anyone can do whatever they want.

So what happens in a case like this? I have never contacted either of these people before and they are allowed to leave me negative trust?

And TradeFortress wants to communicate off-site, I think he wants to scam me ask for money to remove it or similar. How is this allowed The trust system here is flawed.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:31:14 PM

this is the reason I don't like the trust system I like the old way of having a rep thread  Smiley

netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:37:20 PM

Why are you still trying to NOT get into contact with TF?

He is free to contact me here on this thread or via pm, I will not communicate with him off-site as I believe he is attempting to scam me, I want the moderators to be able to retrieve all the messages he sends me.
netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:38:47 PM

Upon further investigation, it appears these people have left 2 other members the same trust feedback.

How is this allowed, and where are the moderators?
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:39:59 PM

Why are you still trying to NOT get into contact with TF?

He is free to contact me here on this thread or via pm, I will not communicate with him off-site as I believe he is attempting to scam me, I want the moderators to be able to retrieve all the messages he sends me.

What malignent thing could he do? If you think this let him try and be certain.
netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:42:01 PM

What is his motivation for the negative trust, he only wants to contact me off-site where there is no proof of what he says?

I think he is attempting exortion, it's not just me he's left 2 other members the same trust.
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:44:58 PM

He's trying to collect IP's
and he hope's the one who scammed his Wallet, made a mistake somewhere.

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:45:07 PM

I have seen a lot of people given negative trust even though they have done nothing wrong there are a few people on here ( not pointing names ) with 10+ alt accounts doing it

It needs to be stopped !!!

netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:45:20 PM

I would like to mention that I have recevied pms from other members saying that TradeFortress does things like this all the time, one member in particular claimed he owns multiple accounts...

I have asked for their permission to these pms but they said no, but mods are free to check and verify.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:45:43 PM

is that not illegal ?

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:46:00 PM

What is his motivation for the negative trust, he only wants to contact me off-site where there is no proof of what he says?

I think he is attempting exortion, it's not just me he's left 2 other members the same trust.

I just checked and have negative feedback from an obvious scammer myself. I just let it be.

If you care about this, pursue it by contacting TF how he asked you, if not leave it be. No-one here can or will do anything about it.
netzwerg (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:47:28 PM

Can you elaborate on this please? you are free to contact me via pm if you want privacy.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:48:51 PM

is that not illegal ?

No it's not.
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 12:50:58 PM

Can you elaborate on this please? you are free to contact me via pm if you want privacy.

the IP or the Wallet Thing ?

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: