Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:52:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to this forum, need advice!  (Read 184 times)
BatataFrita (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:31:12 PM

Hello all,

I've known about crypto for awhile but been mostly invested in ETH and more recently Monero.

In the near future i'd like to buy some BTC with some of my PayPal savings and I've seen that some people are willing to sell in here.

I know that as a new member people probably won't trust me, so do you have any advice how to make more "trustworthy" in this forum?

Happy to be here and learn something more!

Cheers.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:07:38 PM

Hi everyone, newbie here. Wanted to know what are the different ways of earning new tokens here.

Didn't know where to ask so posted here.

Thanks in advance.
apvmoreira

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:35:11 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 02:49:52 PM by apvmoreira

Hello all,

I've known about crypto for awhile but been mostly invested in ETH and more recently Monero.

In the near future i'd like to buy some BTC with some of my PayPal savings and I've seen that some people are willing to sell in here.

I know that as a new member people probably won't trust me, so do you have any advice how to make more "trustworthy" in this forum?

Cheers.

I wouldn't go Paypal way. Create a coinbase account and transfer money from your credit card/bank account to coinbase.

Now you can buy BTC and you don't need to use  a 3rd party that might scam you.
apvmoreira

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:50:31 PM

Hi everyone, newbie here. Wanted to know what are the different ways of earning new tokens here.

Didn't know where to ask so posted here.

Thanks in advance.

Check the altcoin marketplace and see there.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:56:59 PM

As a newbie account,  its very normal that no one can trust you, i suggest you to rank up your account first for atleast full member rank so any one can take you a shot to trust you,  maybe a very little trust,  and about that trustworthy youve looking for,  trust cannot gain as easy as you think,  because all reputated members here that has green tag are the members who spend a lot of time and effort to gain that green tag (green trust) and indicates that they are of one of the most trusted btt forum member.
Raskolhnikov1

Activity: 560
Merit: 65

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:59:47 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 09:55:07 PM by Raskolhnikov1

Cheers.

Hello Batata, welcome!

There is no cake recipe to enhance your reputation. The best way, in my opinion, is the simplest, start being active in this forum, research and ask whenever you have questions, build your knowledge.
Over time, you will rise your rank becoming a member with more and more relevance.
I'll leave here some important information and threads:

Brand New:      0 posts, gets 1 gold coin under his name.  
Newbie:           (none), gets 1 gold coin under his name.  
Jr. Member:      Activity: 30, gets 1 gold coin under his name.  
Member:          Activity: 60, gets 2 gold coins under his name.  
Full Member:    Activity: 120, gets 3 gold coins under his name.  
Sr. Member:     Activity: 240, gets 4 gold coins under his name.  
Hero Member:  Activity: 480, gets 5 gold coins under his name.
Legendary:       Activity: the Legendary membergroup has no universal activity requirement.
You are guaranteed to become Legendary somewhere between 775 and 1030 activity,
but the exact point in this range at which you become Legendary is random per user.
Gets 5 gold coins under his name of which the last is half dark blue.

Bitcoin campaigns: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

Altcoin campaigns (Bounties): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=238.0

Feel free to ask whenever you want  Wink

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:30:41 PM

First, you don't need to be trustworthy on this forum to buy bitcoin, to own and hodl bitcoin. Just jump i and do it! Or wait for then next big correction, like we saw yesterday.

Second, the trust ratings here are often abused. People use them as a punishment when others don't say or do something they expect, even when "trust" has nothing to do with it. Example: I once offered escrow services on the forum, I've never done it before. But I know how to do it and was willing to do it for free so that I could earn a history of doing it successfully, I wanted to earn trust among this community performing that service. Well, people who already offer escrow services here started to give me negative trust claiming that I was untrsutworthy because I was offering services without having a history of doing it on the forum. That's some of the dumbest cause>effect logic I've ever experienced.

People use trust as a weapon, so be careful where you go. The general rule is to never ask for a trust rating. Engage in transactions for people and if you do them well  they might leave you positive trust.
rgbrt

Activity: 70

DHrJPBSTfSbJAvAVbRXuJ1j8L7XP3uNjdZ

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

To own/buy Bitcoin you don't need the trust of any of the forum members, you just buy it as much as you can. This forum will help you learn all the happenings in crypto currencies. My advise is not to buy bitcoin right away, wait for the first quarter of 2018 most probably you will be able to buy more coins than today.
BatataFrita (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:25:03 PM

Lots of great advice, thanks!

I'll just hang around and try to participate as i learn with all of you!
Raskolhnikov1

Activity: 560
Merit: 65

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:35:57 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 09:53:41 PM by Raskolhnikov1

First, you don't need to be trustworthy on this forum to buy bitcoin, to own and hodl bitcoin. Just jump i and do it! Or wait for then next big correction, like we saw yesterday.

Second, the trust ratings here are often abused. People use them as a punishment when others don't say or do something they expect, even when "trust" has nothing to do with it. Example: I once offered escrow services on the forum, I've never done it before. But I know how to do it and was willing to do it for free so that I could earn a history of doing it successfully, I wanted to earn trust among this community performing that service. Well, people who already offer escrow services here started to give me negative trust claiming that I was untrsutworthy because I was offering services without having a history of doing it on the forum. That's some of the dumbest cause>effect logic I've ever experienced.

People use trust as a weapon, so be careful where you go. The general rule is to never ask for a trust rating. Engage in transactions for people and if you do them well they might leave you positive trust.

Thanks for sharing this mate,
I hope don't experience something like that and i have actually seen some cases of negative trust with no reason, this is terrible and shows how unethical people can be.  Embarrassed  Angry
PinkB

Activity: 256
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:53:25 PM

Hello all,

Cheers.
welcome in bitcointalk. So you want to buy bitcoin form this forum? yes you can but every time take help from an escrow for a safe transaction.you can also buy bitcoin from localbitcoins and paxful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: