Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:07:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Megastore, and why I would never shop there  (Read 744 times)
HenryRomp (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:28:59 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2013, 05:13:54 PM by HenryRomp

I was browsing the marketplace and noticed "Bitcoin Megastore" which sells a lot of Bitcoin-related stuff but doesn't accept Bitcoin.

Perhaps others will feel differently, and if so I'd love to hear your thoughts--but it seems to me that any shop catering to the Bitcoin community should accept payment in Bitcoin. If you don't, you're not really supporting the movement, you're just trying to make a buck off of it.

Besides which, even if you are purely in it for profit, accepting Bitcoin would be in your best interest, for many reasons, as would be obvious to any enthusiast.

I don't think there's anything really "wrong" with what they're doing, but I sure wouldn't purchase anything from them, and I'd love to see a vendor who sells the same products but does accept payment in Bitcoin.

I made a reply in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215026.0 and while in retrospect I am not surprised that it was deleted, I am disappointed that he chose to delete it instead of responding in some way. Though I acknowledge that I was rather blunt and perhaps a little insulting in the way I chose to address the issue, I still feel that my objections are valid and that vendors like this do not support the Bitcoin community. Below is a quote of my exact reply, which was deleted from the thread that is hyperlinked above.

This is not a bitcoin megastore... This is not even a bitcoin store. Who would buy bitcoinwear from a place that doesn't accept bitcoins, only takes phony gov't issued monopoly money?

Not trying to just be petty here, but I had hoped to find some people would agree with me! If I'm wrong, please do tell me why.

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: