Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-11] Forgotten Wallet Passwords? Hypnosis the Answer  (Read 3055 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:32:31 PM

Imagine this scenario. January 2013, you buy 100 Bitcoins for $1300 not thinking too much about the new cryptocurrency and the small amount of money you’ve spent. Fast forward five years and you realize your 100 Bitcoin are now worth $1.3 mln. But you have forgotten the password to your Bitcoin wallets - denying you access to your million dollar fortune.

It would be a nightmare of epic proportions. You’d probably rather face Jason from Friday the 13th than not be able to access your Bitcoin wallet. But if you live in Russia, you could pay a hypnotist to help you remember your password and claim your little pile of digital gold.

According to RT, a hypnotist in Russia is charging one Bitcoin to help users remember their lost passwords. If you unlock your wallet, you are also liable to pay five percent of the amount of Bitcoin you recovered in your stash. Denis Derkach, who runs a Russian advertising platform serving cryptocurrency websites, says people will do almost anything to access their lost accounts.
Read more of this here...

Well, this can be one of the newest industry to profit good in the boom of cryptocurrency. I am sure people will do anything possible just to recover lost passwords as the wallet can never be accessed without them not unless a person happens to be a very talented hacker. I would then following this story if there would indeed be people who can get back their Bitcoin using this service. Browsing this forum, there are people asking how they can recover their lost password maybe we can then refer those people to this hypnotism service. Now, am booking a flight to Russia!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:19:53 PM

Well, this can be one of the newest industry to profit good in the boom of cryptocurrency. I am sure people will do anything possible just to recover lost passwords as the wallet can never be accessed without them not unless a person happens to be a very talented hacker. I would then following this story if there would indeed be people who can get back their Bitcoin using this service. Browsing this forum, there are people asking how they can recover their lost password maybe we can then refer those people to this hypnotism service. Now, am booking a flight to Russia!

Hypnosis has zero basis in fact, it's a stage-show trick performed by actors. Hypnosis has never been been proven scientifically, it's total nonsense.

Vires in numeris
baradfo

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:36:18 PM

Hypnosis has zero basis in fact, it's a stage-show trick performed by actors. Hypnosis has never been been proven scientifically, it's total nonsense.

But there are plenty of people out there that would be willing to pay extraordinary amounts to the hypnotist to try to recover the key for them through their methods. This will start a new business niche for (scammers) entrepreneurs out there.  Cheesy
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:50:56 PM

It's due to the fact that it doesn't work on everyone. There were many cases of random people being asked to participate in a hypnosis experiment and it worked on some of them. I doubt they would all be paid actors, especially that there was nothing to gain from it. The experiments have shown that most people are immune or very resistant to it, but it sometimes works. If all other ways of reminding myself the password would fail I'd be willing to try hypnosis. It can't hurt.
Terraformer

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:05:25 PM

It`s horrible situation when you have to use questionable practices like hypnosis to recover in mind wallet passwords or lost data. I don't believe in a harmless brain intrusion, the human brain is just not made for such things.  One would better take care of creating backups,  a number of them.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:28:59 PM

This is hilarious, those hypnotists are basically making money out of nothing, because there are two possibilities - their customers would still be unable to recall their passwords, so hypnotists would just waste some 20 min of their time, but in case their customers will remember passwords later on their own (I happens from time to time, sometimes people just have to try all the possible variants of their usual passwords), hypnotists would claim that hypnosis worked and they have to pay them 5%. So, they are risking their own time (unless they charge regardless of outcomes), for a chance of getting some huge amount of coins. Very profitable scam.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:35:31 PM

This is hilarious, those hypnotists are basically making money out of nothing, because there are two possibilities - their customers would still be unable to recall their passwords, so hypnotists would just waste some 20 min of their time, but in case their customers will remember passwords later on their own (I happens from time to time, sometimes people just have to try all the possible variants of their usual passwords), hypnotists would claim that hypnosis worked and they have to pay them 5%. So, they are risking their own time (unless they charge regardless of outcomes), for a chance of getting some huge amount of coins. Very profitable scam.

I completely agree here, this is far from sane actually. Not even sure if hypnosis does really work, but here they are trying to recover passwords through their possible (more likely) fake methods. But, let's see if anyone will legitimately be able to recover their passwords using this method, maybe we all are quick to judge this. But overall, I have never seen or read anybody say that hypnosis really works.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:48:25 PM

Why go through all this trouble when you can securely store your wallet credentials in a place you are most likely to remember, and this method of Hypnosis sounds like a dead end to me because most crypto coins now just require a private key of which only special people can memorize it.

You read my mind, but for wallets like the blockchain wallet there is a possibility it could work if the hypnotist asks the right questions to trigger some memory.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:18:52 AM

If I was a good hypnotist I would steal all my patients' bitcoin passwords and all of their cryptocoin private keys then tell them, sorry, but I did not get anything from you, I can give you a refund.

Will this the new way of scamming the community hehehe? I reckon scammers can now hire a hypnotist and steal all kinds of information.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

It's due to the fact that it doesn't work on everyone. There were many cases of random people being asked to participate in a hypnosis experiment and it worked on some of them. I doubt they would all be paid actors, especially that there was nothing to gain from it. The experiments have shown that most people are immune or very resistant to it, but it sometimes works.

This is just another part of the psychology of hypnotism I'm afraid, these experiments prove nothing. Saying "it" doesn't work under this condition or that condition belies the fact that defining "it" is impossible. There is no scientific basis for hypnotism at all. It's most similar to religious belief: proponents and defenders tend to say "it doesn't work on people that don't believe in it", i.e. pure circular non-logic. The same thing is said of fairies, werewolves, leprechauns, gnomes, ghosts, ufos and unicorns. One theme unifies all: no-one's ever produced evidence.

But hypnotists, clairvoyants and exorcists have for 100's or 1000's of years made a tidy business from convincing those that "want to believe". It's sad, but people are their own worst enemies sometimes.

And saying that there is no gain for paid actors to submit false experimental data to hypnotism studies is just mind-blowing.

If all other ways of reminding myself the password would fail I'd be willing to try hypnosis. It can't hurt.

It will hurt one's pockets even further, you'll lose more money and never get the password.

Vires in numeris
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:42:26 PM

I am a bit sceptical about this. What kind of expert he is to do so!? I would like to hear more about people to whom he helped already, are there such ones? If he is such kind of expert he may simply hypnosis you to you send him all of your coins and forget him and everything about this case, doesn't he?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:11:13 PM

If he is such kind of expert he may simply hypnosis you to you send him all of your coins and forget him and everything about this case, doesn't he?

Oh, did you not know that the reason hypnotists never use their superhuman mind-control powers to do bad things is because all hypnotists since the dawn of time have been such ethical, nice people Cheesy

Vires in numeris
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:07:01 PM

If all other ways of reminding myself the password would fail I'd be willing to try hypnosis. It can't hurt.
If you're willing to be hypnotized you might as well publicly post your private key on this forum. If the hypnotizer or whatever you call someone that practices hypnosis has the slightest idea of what bitcoins are worth today, and that's given this kind of hypnosis (heck hypnosis in general) actually works, you could quickly find yourself with a refunded session and end up with getting the bitcoin you potentially had left stolen. And the funny thing is, you wouldn't even know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: