Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:34:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is so slow  (Read 1280 times)
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:33:21 PM

Is there a problem in ethereum because all of the transaction is very slow. It almost take 2-3 hours before receiving the sent tokens. What is the cause of this issue? is this related to the dump price of eth
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:44:10 PM

I'm not really informed about Ethereum but I've seen a lot of threads circulating here discussing the Crypto Kitties DApp (decentralized application) that slowed the network down. It might be still the case or maybe even more DApps got released? The attention in the media for Ethereum also could have been  a cause for the slow network as this also results in more traffic on the network.
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:48:56 PM

I'm not really informed about Ethereum but I've seen a lot of threads circulating here discussing the Crypto Kitties DApp (decentralized application) that slowed the network down. It might be still the case or maybe even more DApps got released? The attention in the media for Ethereum also could have been  a cause for the slow network as this also results in more traffic on the network.

The main cause to the slow network is the CryptoKitties DApp, this Dapp is responsible for a bit more than 10 % of all transactions!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:01:25 PM

It's weird to see how one game can almost kill the whole Ethereum blockchain. Almost everyone suffers from these CryptoKitties. My deposit to exchange took more than a day, and I missed the pump because of it.
pooque

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:03:22 PM

I pity those who has ethereum coin,the developers are bad pushing that D-app that resulted network problems the worst you cant even transact with any Ethereum Based coins.

flatnose101

Activity: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:15:06 PM

It's weird to see how one game can almost kill the whole Ethereum blockchain. Almost everyone suffers from these CryptoKitties. My deposit to exchange took more than a day, and I missed the pump because of it.
there is a lot of thing that are happening now in ethereum hope it may be recover soon maybe we just wait for if this may resolve for.
Hamphser

Activity: 2506
Merit: 328

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:18:33 PM

Is there a problem in ethereum because all of the transaction is very slow. It almost take 2-3 hours before receiving the sent tokens. What is the cause of this issue? is this related to the dump price of eth
Seems like you arent informed on the recent updates or happenings here on cryptoworld since people already talking a lot regarding on this issue on slow confirmation on eth network and thats just because of the new game which is cryptokitties which you can actually find lots of threads here regarding on that stuff and the conversations of people towards it. If you can pay up more gwei then it would be more faster but i dont think it would really be worth off.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:20:36 PM

This is not a new thing actually, the problem is ongoing for several days. There is a pet game called cryptokittens where people buy and sell different cat stickers for crazy money. It blocked the ethereum blockchain.

2-3 hours is perfect if you receive your tokens. Use gwei around 80-120 and they go faster.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:23:00 PM

Seems like you arent informed on the recent updates or happenings here on cryptoworld since people already talking a lot regarding on this issue on slow confirmation on eth network and thats just because of the new game which is cryptokitties which you can actually find lots of threads here regarding on that stuff and the conversations of people towards it. If you can pay up more gwei then it would be more faster but i dont think it would really be worth off.

And what's funny is that Vitalik Buterin has too much of an ego to admit that his network is begin flooded with virtual kittens:

https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/937628849084309504

It was a mistake to give access to such apps at layer 0, but he will admit it I guess. People holding big sums of money on ETH are a bit crazy. BTC is risky enough and you can still get rich from it.
L0uis

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:25:55 PM

The congested network is the cause of this issue. The ETH network is currently 100% full and that is why transactions are taking longer than usual to get confirmed. It is required to have atleast 50000 gas limit for the transaction to be confirmed in a couple of hours. Lower gas limits will eventually take a longer time to be confirmed.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

As said above, Ethereum network is being flooded as a new virtual token that enables buying virtual kittens is now live on the Ethereum network.

Ethereum network has to process about 9.5TX/sec while bitcoin network has to process about 3.5TX/sec, which makes the Ethereum network run much slower then it should have been running.

I believe that once the hype around the kittens thing is going to be happened, then we are going to see a significent decrease in the amount of transactions on the Ethereum network which will also prevent confirmation delays.
motionerror

Activity: 76
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:28:25 PM

CryptoKitties is a game based on smart contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain, this is what is clogging the network.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:28:45 PM

yes i noticed that then i heard about this cats or kittens game and it is the problem behind the slow of ethereum which led to the slow of transactions on etherdelta
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:32:57 PM

Yes you are right Ethereum blokchain is pretty much out of service. On Friday I have sent some coins from my wallet to exchange, and only received them this morning. I am not sure whether it is because of the CryptoKittens game or what, but currently the blokchain is not fully operational. 
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:35:47 PM

Ethereum has actually faster and cheaper transactions than bitcoin.

This is even when the network was clogged by kitties. I used was because the network is running fine now and fees are back to normal. Gwei std is back to 20-25 based on ethgasstation.info. Just sent some ETH to one of my wallets and the transaction confirmed and reflected within 3 minutes.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:36:56 PM

Funny that a small game that has you collecting and breeding cats which you can sell takes up 15-20% of the network.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:37:00 PM

Yes you are right Ethereum blokchain is pretty much out of service. On Friday I have sent some coins from my wallet to exchange, and only received them this morning. I am not sure whether it is because of the CryptoKittens game or what, but currently the blokchain is not fully operational. 

For operations, you can use other coins like Litecoin. Ethereum is slow network today, but I hope developers will solve this, because CryptoKitties shows Ethereum problem for community.
alphacoco

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:48:59 PM

How can a silly game cause so many problems for everyone? I have a transaction pending for 6 hours. I heard its only clogging up 20% of the network but it feels alot worse.

At this rate I might come out of this coin until things improve. Can anyone recommend how to push through this transaction?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Selly Arumsari

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:54:10 PM

the market use ethereum platform is slowly because there is a trouble error, it happen from few days ago
just waiting for normal and all problem clear i think it better choice than you transaction now with risk you lose the balance
Booair

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:11:43 PM

Cryptokitties destroyed the ETH network, but i think its just a matter of time before the situation come back to the normal. There is a huge hype around this game at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: