Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:03:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is so slow  (Read 1289 times)
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:57:00 AM

Now puppies will come lol... https://hashpuppi.es/
hahahahha

May be they will use ETH network too?

i think, more virtual pets coming in near future, or maybe an exotic pets are posible to create.
btw, i normally transfer my tokens to exchanges. smooth ang fast. the gwei sets 41 automatically.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:07:33 AM

I'm not really informed about Ethereum but I've seen a lot of threads circulating here discussing the Crypto Kitties DApp (decentralized application) that slowed the network down. It might be still the case or maybe even more DApps got released? The attention in the media for Ethereum also could have been  a cause for the slow network as this also results in more traffic on the network.

so these kitties are the reason for delayed transactions in eth. eth must uprade the system for better transaction. they must have anticipate this kind of problem. it is a do or die situation. if eth didnt resolve this, most of the users may change network.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:11:29 AM

I'm not really informed about Ethereum but I've seen a lot of threads circulating here discussing the Crypto Kitties DApp (decentralized application) that slowed the network down. It might be still the case or maybe even more DApps got released? The attention in the media for Ethereum also could have been  a cause for the slow network as this also results in more traffic on the network.

The main cause to the slow network is the CryptoKitties DApp, this Dapp is responsible for a bit more than 10 % of all transactions!

How's that possible? Doesn't this Dapp have to pay millions for using that amount of gas?
Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:29:09 AM

The main cause to the slow network is the CryptoKitties DApp, this Dapp is responsible for a bit more than 10 % of all transactions!

The CryptoKitties DApp also tends to be mined first because there a lot of advises to those who buy these kitties to increase their gas to make sure get theirs. In short, normal gas trades in ethereum will be last in the priority lines because of this, or you just have to compete and increase your gas as well to be mined too.

lucemferrum01

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:33:33 AM

Is there a problem in ethereum because all of the transaction is very slow. It almost take 2-3 hours before receiving the sent tokens. What is the cause of this issue? is this related to the dump price of eth

I haven't tried it first hand since I'm actually just starting to earn my first eth and hopefully earn some btc to, but my friend who is a frequent user of ethereum said that is just normal and somewhat bearable. I think it depends also on the exchanging sites, what he recommended to me was liquid.io and livecoin which I guess is a faster exchanger.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:38:17 AM

The CryptoKitties DApp also tends to be mined first because there a lot of advises to those who buy these kitties to increase their gas to make sure get theirs. In short, normal gas trades in ethereum will be last in the priority lines because of this, or you just have to compete and increase your gas as well to be mined too.

yes, it was recently that game hampered Ethereum network. but I just heard good news from dev Ethereum on 15 December 2017 - 1 January 2017 they will do the upgrade in the system. I do not know whether the news is true or not, but that would be positive news for Ethereum

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:39:33 AM

Is there a problem in ethereum because all of the transaction is very slow. It almost take 2-3 hours before receiving the sent tokens. What is the cause of this issue? is this related to the dump price of eth

I haven't tried it first hand since I'm actually just starting to earn my first eth and hopefully earn some btc to, but my friend who is a frequent user of ethereum said that is just normal and somewhat bearable. I think it depends also on the exchanging sites, what he recommended to me was liquid.io and livecoin which I guess is a faster exchanger.
It is because of cryptokitties that is why ethereum these days is so slow. Even you transfer token from mew it will take time to receive in other party. For you to trade your token more gas is needed to have a transactions, i hope soon ethereum will fast its transactions.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5028

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:39:46 AM

yes, it was recently that game hampered Ethereum network. but I just heard good news from dev Ethereum on 15 December 2017 - 1 January 2017 they will do the upgrade in the system. I do not know whether the news is true or not, but that would be positive news for Ethereum

Link or it didn't happen.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
radeone

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:40:33 AM

Kitties are clogging the pipes.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:40:46 AM

Two to Three hour transaction time is still reasonably good when you compare it to transaction time of bitcoin. Though for ethereum user that will be like eternity considering the fact that recently before cryptokitties clog up the system, transaction time was less than 5 second! It normal for this to happen once in a while, when th system is clear, there will be a return to nolmacy!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
redkid334

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:44:40 AM

Ethereum is so slow yes but it's safe. You know the Russian goverment gives really big importancy to Ethereum. I think in the near future ETH will get much more bigger. Wait and see.
erasheed28

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:09:43 AM

I'm starting to get pissed with these cryptokitties, all of my transactions are pending as of now especially eth. I hope they can resolve this issue soon because it makes my trading activities slower.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:14:15 AM

Ethereum has experienced issues since past week particularly in network congestion problem but it's not actually a big deal because it is considered normal due to heavy traffic of transactions were made by users around the world.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:17:03 AM

Since Bitcoin was pumped to the sky then there's a massive network congestion due massive queue of transactions at the same time so this is really a very serious problem that will take further research on how to speed up the Blockchain speed to accommodate massive transactions and minimize the waiting time from being pending.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:21:56 AM

Kitties are clogging the pipes.

I don't think so, because people are using Ethereum network when they dump their Altcoins and convert them into Ethereum or vice versa. And and Ethereum into Bitcoin and vice versa.
Network congestion is a very serious problem to Cryptocurrencies due to Blockchain verification that would eliminate double spending and also eliminating attacks and compromise.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:25:57 AM

Now puppies will come lol... https://hashpuppi.es/
hahahahha

May be they will use ETH network too?

i think, more virtual pets coming in near future, or maybe an exotic pets are posible to create.
btw, i normally transfer my tokens to exchanges. smooth ang fast. the gwei sets 41 automatically.

That kitties are one of the reasons why Ethereum is congested? Well, I'm not yet convinced the fact. When Bitcoin was pumped there's a massive transactions queue because people wanted to invest more and the same thing with Ethereum, aside of kitty petting issues Ethereum has experienced massive transactions at the same time so transaction queue will congest the network.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:27:05 AM

Just don't worry about this, I'm sure it's will be back to normal.
From the last few days ago I've noticed/knowed also, that the ethereum's network was said has experiencing network congestion or like a network interruption.
So I guess of course this is can be the causes of that.

Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:35:30 AM

Because of the virtual kitties if I am not mistaken. It got $12million worth sold of virtual kitties. So I assume their network didn't handle the series of
 large transactions that makes their network slow.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
Arkitekt

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

to da mooon

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:41:29 AM

the amount that is paid gets paid buy whoever is making the txs
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:46:05 AM

I hope the hype about Pussies will soon lessen and Ethereum Netwrok got back to normal.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: