Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:24:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is so slow  (Read 1280 times)
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:08:34 PM

Yes, me too, I think Cryptokittie is the problem. According to ETH Gas Station the CryptoKitties game accounts for over 10% of network traffic on Ethereum. When the traffic rises, the transaction speed will be slower. http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42237162

Someone used my Account for 3 Month, why would someone do this?
Mazt rhiezt

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:17:15 PM

we just need time to fight this crazy cat game, and in my opinion this popularity will not last long.
wait while vitalik take steps and start updating system.

██
▐█▄             ▄█▀
███    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Every BTCit of Fun
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀████████▀▄
██▄▀██████▀▄██
▐███▌▐████▌▐███▌
██▀▄██████▄▀██
▀▄████████▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████████████████
        ███████████████████
       ██████████████████▀
      █████▀▀
     ████▀
    ████▀
   ████▀
  ████▀
 ████▀
████▀
████████░████████
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
███████▄░▄███████
███████████████

▀███████▀
▀▀▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
   BET NOW   
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:33:36 PM

Its low after correction.
Then the clogging up of the blockchain happened with a few apps being released.
Then Ethereum had the network Congestion.
All these factors played a role in slowing down Ethereum and slowing down the pace of the price.
rajuahmed763

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:52:15 PM

Is there a problem in ethereum because all of the transaction is very slow. It almost take 2-3 hours before receiving the sent tokens. What is the cause of this issue? is this related to the dump price of eth
If you faced this problem with metamask or myetherwallet then at first i want to say that, Please check your gas price low to high 30000 or more.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
terrific

Activity: 2156
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:05:38 PM

Cryptokitties are the main reason why there's a very slow network for ethereum these days.

we just need time to fight this crazy cat game, and in my opinion this popularity will not last long.
I don't know if there is something that Vitalik do to make these cryptokitties problem solve.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:13:10 PM

Cryptokitties destroyed the ETH network, but i think its just a matter of time before the situation come back to the normal. There is a huge hype around this game at the moment.
im agree it wont be long. but this game is the pioneer for other game to come out. eth network should be ready for more coming out game that could use blockchain technology and eth network. I believe there will be good price for adaptation of many game using eth network. eth value could be increase so high if they could handle the transaction as good as before and indeed they have to be.

CryptosD

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

it's his benefit compare w btc)
In the silence

Activity: 1291
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:25:31 PM

set your gas high so it willl be prioritized to the next block my transactions are going through  50 gas, this kitty hype are the main reason as everyone of us know that.
This will be resolve soon, they are working now with new upgrades.
jonland22

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:36:45 PM

I'm not really informed about Ethereum but I've seen a lot of threads circulating here discussing the Crypto Kitties DApp (decentralized application) that slowed the network down. It might be still the case or maybe even more DApps got released? The attention in the media for Ethereum also could have been  a cause for the slow network as this also results in more traffic on the network.

The main cause to the slow network is the CryptoKitties DApp, this Dapp is responsible for a bit more than 10 % of all transactions!

yes, that game ruin the lives of many traders. i hope they'll just remove those kitties so we could live a happy trading life. I don't get it why many people play those boring digital cats, i heard one kitten sold for about 10,000 USD.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:38:00 PM

Ethereum is facing issues with the congested network but the ETH transaction fee is very low when compared to BTC transaction fee.
If the gas limit is set high then the transaction will get confirmed soon and you will receive the coins in your wallet within minutes.
Even if the gas limit is set very high it will not exceed 0.003 eth which is not even 0.0001 BTC . So I don't think it is much of an issue when compared to BTC.
DeltaX

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:42:04 PM

Yes, me too, I think Cryptokittie is the problem. According to ETH Gas Station the CryptoKitties game accounts for over 10% of network traffic on Ethereum. When the traffic rises, the transaction speed will be slower. http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42237162
The problem is when the cryptokitties developers was not putting the limited amount for the gwei and gas limit to their transaction. Like what already did by mew developer. When the network traffic will be very high and a lot of the crypto kitties user will try to put the more gwei and gas price. this makes the average transaction fees will be increase. The old transaction will be on the low priority to be validated by the block.
coastbank

Activity: 238

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:43:38 PM

I started to hate bitcoin's slowness basically carried out to ethereum. I was planning to make quick trades and it basically made me kill all my plans. This problem should be solved.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:59:22 PM

I started to hate bitcoin's slowness basically carried out to ethereum. I was planning to make quick trades and it basically made me kill all my plans. This problem should be solved.
That's the problem if many more traders will feel the same it will reflect to the project itself, I understand that this kitty is bringing some attention
but sacrificing the actual transactions,making more delays will let investors to think twice before using Eth as the base for their transactions better
to think for the solution before more traders jump to another project.
markalis

Activity: 467

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:01:33 PM

I agree with you, many members of my country are discussing this issue too and they say that ethereum network is experiencing pending transactions due to the many queues of transactions there, may be renewed or further development of the ethereum network.

airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:02:33 PM

Not only slow, it is also expensive. Maybe the developer of ETH is planning to change the minimum gas price per transaction now since bitcoin's market value reaches new high at 18,000 USD lately.
But if this is just coding glitch, i hope that it will be fix very soon because my transactions in ETH are almost dead.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:17:20 PM

Not only slow, it is also expensive. Maybe the developer of ETH is planning to change the minimum gas price per transaction now since bitcoin's market value reaches new high at 18,000 USD lately.
But if this is just coding glitch, i hope that it will be fix very soon because my transactions in ETH are almost dead.

Vitalik was working on Raiden which is similar to Lightning Network, but im not sure if it's as good as Lightning Network, or a worse quality workaround. And don't forget the cryptokitties stuff is happening on-chain, ETH can't never get around this problem, it is too complex on-chain, by design, making it a mess when it comes to being conservative on the blockchain size..
BitandAlt

Activity: 191
Merit: 21

Decentralized Security - DIW

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:27:05 PM

It was so slow indeed due to network congestion. Everyone complaining about slow transactions and ICOs participants could not complete transactions. Now its fixed though.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PROdotBITCOIN

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:31:52 PM

Today I made several payments and they passed very quickly. The network has improved and become faster. This is one of the best crypto currency

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Mazt rhiezt

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:10:22 PM

Cryptokitties are the main reason why there's a very slow network for ethereum these days.

I don't know if there is something that Vitalik do to make these cryptokitties problem solve.
we must believe that vitalik are thinking about this issue.
and just wait for what will happen after this there will be some good news from him maybe in 2018.

██
▐█▄             ▄█▀
███    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Every BTCit of Fun
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀████████▀▄
██▄▀██████▀▄██
▐███▌▐████▌▐███▌
██▀▄██████▄▀██
▀▄████████▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████████████████
        ███████████████████
       ██████████████████▀
      █████▀▀
     ████▀
    ████▀
   ████▀
  ████▀
 ████▀
████▀
████████░████████
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
███████▄░▄███████
███████████████

▀███████▀
▀▀▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
   BET NOW   
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
Javathon

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:18:19 PM

The increase in the number of transactions in the network is the reason, you need to put high gas price and fee in order for your transaction to be confirmed fast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: