Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:27:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delay in Bitfinex trading deals.  (Read 136 times)
fahad.khan (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:27:06 PM

I am using bitfinex for trading of different currencies. When i sell a small currency to buy Bitcoins, there is a delay of 20 mins to 5 hours in execution of that deal. It really bothers me and i am unable to trade during that time. Is there any solution for that problem ? Please help in this regard. Thanking you in anticipation ....... 
sabbathhawk

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:36:08 PM

I am using bitfinex for trading of different currencies. When i sell a small currency to buy Bitcoins, there is a delay of 20 mins to 5 hours in execution of that deal. It really bothers me and i am unable to trade during that time. Is there any solution for that problem ? Please help in this regard. Thanking you in anticipation ....... 
Hey
Do you place an order for a certain amount or you close orders?
You need to learn how exchange operates
If you place an order to sell or buy it will not be executed until somebody will not buy at you desired price.
If you want to buy immediately close one of the opened orders or place order with a current price
Hope that will help

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
tplmika

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:43:54 PM

Experience the same. Bitfinex is lagging sometimes during a high surge of traffic that hits the website and it is call lagging where your machine have a delay in sending a message to its server. They just don't bother when this happens. I have encountered this many times. Best what you should do is to refresh your page.
deathwish

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 08:11:36 PM

Bittrex and gdax are also slower than usual. It could be a network problem.
Can't say for sure though.

fahad.khan (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

Hey
Do you place an order for a certain amount or you close orders?
You need to learn how exchange operates
If you place an order to sell or buy it will not be executed until somebody will not buy at you desired price.
If you want to buy immediately close one of the opened orders or place order with a current price
Hope that will help

Well I closed an order, and the price dropped by large. I have closed it at a high price. now if I cancel it, I loose that amount which is the difference in prices. Than whats the point of online/instant trading platform ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: