Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining rig rentals - Cloud mining ??  (Read 348 times)
ginko3000 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:02:46 PM

Good evening to everyone,
I have not yet decided whether I will make an investment to buy hardware to undermine bitcoin (asic) or Altcoin (rig gpu); in the meantime I had decided to try to exploit the power of other machines that minino in my place, in essence of a rental car.
I took a look at the Mining rig rentals site but I realized how inconvenient it is, I'll explain better: I chose a Scrypt rig (so to mine litecoin) and I compared the daily cost of the rig with the daily revenue in terms of MH / s on this site https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=13&HashingUnit=TH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0.
in practice I'm always going to lose.
 If the site still exists it means that someone uses it so I'm here now to ask you where I'm wrong.
I close with one last question: Has any of you ever tried a cloud mining service? I have seen that only Genero has remained on Genesis-mining, while BTC is still available on Minergate. According to you are profitable services?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

Honestly i don't trust them anymore because i have lots of experience about cloud mining that i thought it can gives me passive income but in the end they are just attracting you in the first time to invest more after that you will be attracting to invest more since you got your first payout you will think that you don't wanted to lose the opportunity so you will invest more until you will never withdraw them again.
If you have a good amount of money why not buy your own miner instead investing in cloud mining you can mine your own hardware..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:28:52 PM

Good evening to everyone,
I have not yet decided whether I will make an investment to buy hardware to undermine bitcoin (asic) or Altcoin (rig gpu); in the meantime I had decided to try to exploit the power of other machines that minino in my place, in essence of a rental car.
I took a look at the Mining rig rentals site but I realized how inconvenient it is, I'll explain better: I chose a Scrypt rig (so to mine litecoin) and I compared the daily cost of the rig with the daily revenue in terms of MH / s on this site https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=13&HashingUnit=TH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=0&CostPerkWh=0.
in practice I'm always going to lose.
 If the site still exists it means that someone uses it so I'm here now to ask you where I'm wrong.
I close with one last question: Has any of you ever tried a cloud mining service? I have seen that only Genero has remained on Genesis-mining, while BTC is still available on Minergate. According to you are profitable services?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Mining rig rental differs from traditional "cloud miners" because rentals happen from users to users p2p. It is profitable for those, who offer their hardware, but not for those, who rent it. If you invest there ( mostly 1-3 days), you will loose around 20% of your investment.  But it may make sense to rent that nevertheless, if you want  to exchange fiat money to BTC indirectly. Cloud mining is not rentable anymore and would only make sense, if you could rent hardware on longterm but choose your own pool. But that is not possible. Also renting on cloud computing seems not to be profitable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: