Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would anyone do such a scam?  (Read 856 times)
CryptoEnthused (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:17:56 PM

Stumbled across this news: http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/12/08/ico-scammers-new-cybercriminal-breed/
The thing is someone threatened to give a bad review on ICO if they refuse to pay him for a good review. Well, they refused, and the guy started to call them a scam. I'm pretty sure they are not. But anyway, why would anyone do such a thing? Waste their time to do bad to others? I mean his time could be used better than that.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:27:17 PM

Stumbled across this news: http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/12/08/ico-scammers-new-cybercriminal-breed/
The thing is someone threatened to give a bad review on ICO if they refuse to pay him for a good review. Well, they refused, and the guy started to call them a scam. I'm pretty sure they are not. But anyway, why would anyone do such a thing? Waste their time to do bad to others? I mean his time could be used better than that.
People earn money on different ways and this guy chosed the easiest one.
This is really disgusting what he has done. But if he continue - one day he will get the payment from somebody and the most scared thing is the guy can't be catched.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:38:47 PM

It is simple. greed. most of these ICO projects cause these, they paid most of these ICO review sites money or tokens so as to get good review from them, so this just must have think it is a norm to be collecting the money from every projects

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:49:29 PM

Because many people are very vulnarable and crypto seems safe for scammers but it is not all scammers' money will be taken back and their identity will be revealed

allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:50:17 PM

So someone had enough of all ICO scams and decides to scam the people behind the ICO's instead. Obviously the guy is a scumbag and trying to get easy money from shady ICO's.
CryptoEnthused (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:11:39 PM

the most scared thing is the guy can't be catched.

Absolutely agree with you. He can get away with it but the good ICO projects get bad reputation. Just because some guy got angry
CryptoEnthused (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:14:05 PM

So someone had enough of all ICO scams and decides to scam the people behind the ICO's instead. Obviously the guy is a scumbag and trying to get easy money from shady ICO's.

Maybe you're right. There are a lot of scams indeed. But there's no point to harm someone who did nothing to him. Other people scamed him, not them
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:17:24 PM

This guy wanted an EASY MONEY where he can collect them in short period of time and be rich. He showed his greediness over money. Poor guy, he will never be trusted again. People do such thing because they are desperate to have a huge money or be rich. They will do everything even if they give up their integrity.

CryptoEnthused (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:25:35 PM

This guy wanted an EASY MONEY where he can collect them in short period of time and be rich. He showed his greediness over money. Poor guy, he will never be trusted again. People do such thing because they are desperate to have a huge money or be rich. They will do everything even if they give up their integrity.

That's sad. The most weird part is that he actually started to do it after they refused. He wasted a lot of time and still did not get paid. Instead he could spend time on something better. He could search for more ICOs and offer his services to them. Maybe someone would be interested in this and he could earn money fairly
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:09:15 PM

This is truly disgusting, there is some human scum floating around that should be radically cleaned.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:41:55 PM

It is dishonest but that is the way things are, it is not rare for icos to pay someone to write articles favorable about them, so it is not surprise that the opposite were to happen as well, where someone asks money to give a good review and if the ico does not comply then its gets a bad review, this kind of thing happens not only in icos but almost in everything in life where reviews are involved.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:53:48 PM

Not all people are the same. There are people who gets pleasure by making other's life miserable. There are people who just wanted attention. There are also people who are too lazy to work and just want to earn income the easiest way. Its their life anyway, all we can do is pray for them that they might realize the things that they are doing and they might find peace and happiness someday.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:07:43 PM

It is dishonest but that is the way things are, it is not rare for icos to pay someone to write articles favorable about them, so it is not surprise that the opposite were to happen as well, where someone asks money to give a good review and if the ico does not comply then its gets a bad review, this kind of thing happens not only in icos but almost in everything in life where reviews are involved.
Yes, a lot of things like that. I guess it's been around a long time and not just ICO's needing such a review. Many online business websites or online jobs pay writers for their services that write good article reviews. This is not a good way to promote an ICO or an online business. In addition can be misused, the person who writes articles can be careless and erratic. I myself have never read such a review article. I'm usually looking for a good ICO by looking at the various discussions on the internet. For example like in facebook group and online forum. We should stop reading at various review from unknown sites.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:16:45 PM

Not all people are good people, some of them prefer to look for easy money by doing bad things and they feel satisfy by watching other people fail or other people suffering and it's such a shame that people make a living by threatening other people, all of us should support crypto currency and try to create a better community

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:29:40 PM

Actually many people are very vulnerable and crypto seems sale for scammers but it is not all SCAMMERS people. And also earn money on different ways but there are also people who are too lazy to work and just want to earn income the easiest way.there are people to get more attention to others

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:56:40 PM

I tried to pay attention to ICO this last time. from some ico I follow just a little ico that is a scam. it's just that the opportunity for the scam is great. it can happen if the team of the project is only thinking about the benefits of each.
engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:16:37 AM

When money is involved there will always be a scammer. But let us not generalize all the people, there are still many people who strive hard to earn money. Scammers are shitty people who likes to take advantage on other people, don't let yourself to be victimize by them.

[
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:59:45 AM

Simply because only money means the world to them. They are a pro and soulless people to the extend that they doesn't care what will the consequence they will be facing if they will be caught but in crypto world its very hard to track their record to reveal their identity. Scammers will never find happiness in life they just want money to live a luxury life whilst others worked very hard to earn it.
Coinsher

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:18:41 AM

There are always good and bad deeds.When we talk about money,it's hard to control and change the personality of a person.Somebody said "money is evil".But it depends to a person,there are still many doing the right way on how to earn money.Scammers have no conscience.They want an easy money.All we can do is to stay alert and be careful always.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:35:17 AM

People have different mindset and strategy to survive, for us not right but for them maybe this is the right thing they must do. Besides that, ICO is " collect money " and I believe most people ( not all ) will do something not right to get part of ICO. As investor/ trader/ bounty hunters/ customers I suggest not do that, keep on our track to get money with right way. I'll waste my time to fix my strategy to get profit, it's worth and meaning something for me and my family.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: