Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:35:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not selling my coins... as futures trading starts in 5 mins  (Read 789 times)
Aurel577 (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:54:59 PM

Been mining since 2013 and will hold my coins. I don't see where the futures will help us other than give us some more legitimatize from the main stream. We will see what happens as they start in 5 mins...

" You have nothing to fear but fear itself" FDR

Unlock my old account please:
Aurel57

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:22:35 PM

Been mining since 2013 and will hold my coins. I don't see where the futures will help us other than give us some more legitimatize from the main stream. We will see what happens as they start in 5 mins...

Anyone falling for the "oh no futures are coming" FUD is a straight retard, there isn't much to say about it. Wall Street is not going to magically short an asset that's limited in amount, cannot be manipulated in it's supply, and it's totally transparent about things. This is another whole new animal they are dealing it. If they aren't completely insane, they will not do anything stupid, or they might end up creating systemic risk on the financial system as they end up liquidated while BTC pumps. Nobody is going to be paying attention to the Future's prices anyway, they are not backed by actual Bitcoin.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:27:27 PM

Futures were opened and the price went from $14,700 to $16,300 in just matter of minutes, i saw huge sell walls of more than 200 bitcoins, and huge buy walls of more than 50 - 100 bitcoins.

The whole market is crazy right now

I would not sell anything though, i will keep holding my bitcoins until i see a reasonable price, maybe twenty thousand dollars, or twenty five, i dont have weak hands right now.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
cellard
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:48:29 PM

Futures were opened and the price went from $14,700 to $16,300 in just matter of minutes, i saw huge sell walls of more than 200 bitcoins, and huge buy walls of more than 50 - 100 bitcoins.

I would not sell anything though, i will keep holding my bitcoins until i see a reasonable price, maybe twenty thousand dollars, or twenty five, i dont have weak hands right now.

Easy explanation right there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_squeeze

All the people that were expecting for Bitcoin to dump just because wall street would set short orders on their futures are going to get squeezed out of the game if they follow their stupid gambling games. We are going to see big fluctuations in the coming hours, and then we will see a new all time high as shorts get liquidated. They don't know what's coming, they have never deal with something like this. The short's fail is going to be epic, books will be written about the total destruction of Wall St future gamblers.
Aurel577 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:01:07 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 12:51:36 AM by Aurel577

I am holding  for a lot more than $20-25K ...I have sold some all the way up to recoup all my cost....now I am  swinging for the fence

Aurel57
littlebill16

Activity: 160
Merit: 12

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:38:28 AM

Futures trading is just the beginning of bitcoin trading going more and more mainstream, in time exchanges will be accessible to almost everyone. I don't see how this can ever harm the price, I did consider that it may cause the price growth to slow but I am still more than happy with slow growth. I just don't see how it can be a bad thing as long as it's managed properly. At the end of the day bitcoin price is only decided by people, not anyone else.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
Aurel577 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:52:09 AM

Futures trading is just the beginning of bitcoin trading going more and more mainstream, in time exchanges will be accessible to almost everyone. I don't see how this can ever harm the price, I did consider that it may cause the price growth to slow but I am still more than happy with slow growth. I just don't see how it can be a bad thing as long as it's managed properly. At the end of the day bitcoin price is only decided by people, not anyone else.

Good points

Aurel57
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:32:48 AM

Anyone falling for the "oh no futures are coming" FUD is a straight retard, there isn't much to say about it. Wall Street is not going to magically short an asset that's limited in amount, cannot be manipulated in it's supply, and it's totally transparent about things.

They can't really do it with cash-settled futures, no. There's some argument to be made that the regulated futures market could move the spot market, but even so, it's not like "Wall Street" acts unilaterally. Institutions have been entering Bitcoin for years already, and a lot of them are quite bullish. Even JP Morgan wised up and conceded recently that Bitcoin could become a gold-like store of value asset. Just like traditional bitcoin bear whales, if you fight the market, you get run over.

They could theoretically manipulate the spot markets more easily, but not without exposing themselves to immense third party risk that would be hard to justify. It wouldn't take overwhelming amounts of cash either. I think that regulatory concerns about spot market manipulation aren't unfounded in that regard.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:54:15 AM

selling or not at this point has little to do with futures trading in my opinion.
seeing the market movement, it dictates that it is already too late to think about selling since the bottom is long gone now and you missed the chance to buy in it. now you have to wait for another ATH to be reached and signs of the next correction before thinking about selling your coins and buying back in the dip.

futures trading has been an excuse so far for the manipulators to cause some panic in the market and take advantage of the "created" opportunity.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:46:06 AM

Anyone falling for the "oh no futures are coming" FUD is a straight retard, there isn't much to say about it. Wall Street is not going to magically short an asset that's limited in amount, cannot be manipulated in it's supply, and it's totally transparent about things. This is another whole new animal they are dealing it. If they aren't completely insane, they will not do anything stupid, or they might end up creating systemic risk on the financial system as they end up liquidated while BTC pumps. Nobody is going to be paying attention to the Future's prices anyway, they are not backed by actual Bitcoin.

This is true. Futures will certainly be a factor going forward, but there's no way crashing Bitcoin is as simple as some people theorize. It's ridiculous. They're either forgetting that Bitcoin is decentralized and is resistant against external control, or they're overestimating Wall Street's capabilities. I see this as Bitcoin breaking into the mainstream, and it may even be one step closer to being an ETF.

I'm more concerned as to what this will do to the mempool, but that's a different discussion entirely.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:49:35 AM

This is true. Futures will certainly be a factor going forward, but there's no way crashing Bitcoin is as simple as some people theorize. It's ridiculous. They're either forgetting that Bitcoin is decentralized and is resistant against external control, or they're overestimating Wall Street's capabilities. I see this as Bitcoin breaking into the mainstream, and it may even be one step closer to being an ETF.

I'm more concerned as to what this will do to the mempool, but that's a different discussion entirely.

I think they do have a good point in their theories but the problem with all of them is that they are exaggerating the effects of it by 1000 times. it may cause small crashes, it may even slow down the rise at times or make the drops bigger but it won't be any bigger or generally worse than they already are.

and I am also more worried about the fee situation of bitcoin. that has always caused the biggest damage to bitcoin than anything else and it opens up room for others to swoop in and take the market out of bitcoin's hands. it has already started with Steam stopping to accept bitcoin. who will be next? Microsoft?

Only Bitcoin
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:19:41 AM

This is true. Futures will certainly be a factor going forward, but there's no way crashing Bitcoin is as simple as some people theorize. It's ridiculous.

i can agree with that. the CBOE and CME futures in particular are cash-settled and completely removed from the crypto markets. i don't find that the spot markets follow okcoin and bitmex. and with japan and korea entering the markets, each exchange has increasingly smaller effect overall.

They're either forgetting that Bitcoin is decentralized and is resistant against external control, or they're overestimating Wall Street's capabilities. I see this as Bitcoin breaking into the mainstream, and it may even be one step closer to being an ETF.

yeah, there is increasing talk again of an ETF with all the hype around futures markets. i can't wait.

regarding manipulation... in theory, why couldn't they manipulate the spot exchanges directly? i guess the main problem is counterparty risk, but it we ignore that, what's stopping them from funding spot exchanges like bitfinex, coinbase, etc. and suppressing the price? they could do so with dollar collateral on margin.

ah, that'll all be sorted out in time. this is one huge spam attack. did you notice how we could send with 2 satoshi/byte fees a couple weeks ago, but people are spending 300 satoshis/byte today? that's some serious spam....

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:32:14 PM

The launch of the futures was a big laugh - the CBOE seems more incompetent than the bitcoin exchanges. Who would have thought that. Their site kept crashing and they kept having to have time outs. See the following graph:

https://twitter.com/PeterHoskinsTV/status/940111144802574336/photo/1

Also, the futures price is ABOVE the prices on the bitcoin exchanges:

https://twitter.com/Schuldensuehner/status/940116240189845504/photo/1

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:44:03 PM

The launch of the futures was a big laugh - the CBOE seems more incompetent than the bitcoin exchanges. Who would have thought that. Their site kept crashing and they kept having to have time outs. See the following graph:

https://twitter.com/PeterHoskinsTV/status/940111144802574336/photo/1

Also, the futures price is ABOVE the prices on the bitcoin exchanges:

https://twitter.com/Schuldensuehner/status/940116240189845504/photo/1

Futures contracts will always differ from the current prices on the exchange. They show the trend of prices. Now the futures will be met in January. After the first day of trading, they stood at around $ 18,000. This means that expectations are high. By the end of this year we will see 18000+ dollars.
cellard
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:28:38 PM

This is true. Futures will certainly be a factor going forward, but there's no way crashing Bitcoin is as simple as some people theorize. It's ridiculous.

i can agree with that. the CBOE and CME futures in particular are cash-settled and completely removed from the crypto markets. i don't find that the spot markets follow okcoin and bitmex. and with japan and korea entering the markets, each exchange has increasingly smaller effect overall.

They're either forgetting that Bitcoin is decentralized and is resistant against external control, or they're overestimating Wall Street's capabilities. I see this as Bitcoin breaking into the mainstream, and it may even be one step closer to being an ETF.

yeah, there is increasing talk again of an ETF with all the hype around futures markets. i can't wait.

regarding manipulation... in theory, why couldn't they manipulate the spot exchanges directly? i guess the main problem is counterparty risk, but it we ignore that, what's stopping them from funding spot exchanges like bitfinex, coinbase, etc. and suppressing the price? they could do so with dollar collateral on margin.

ah, that'll all be sorted out in time. this is one huge spam attack. did you notice how we could send with 2 satoshi/byte fees a couple weeks ago, but people are spending 300 satoshis/byte today? that's some serious spam....

The FED will need to print all these dollars to bail out big players that get liquidated in the market, because trying to short an asset that's limited in amount an in high demand will always result in disaster for these trying to short.

None of the people involved in futures are holding the underlying asset, it is a can of worms that could end up in the FED doing unexpected printing which would only devalue the dollar. BTC is no longer a toy.. it's a force to be reckoned with. If you end up on the wrong side of the margin trade you can end up causing a disaster if you are an institution moving billions.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:01:54 AM

The good thing about all this is that the market is already proving extremely strong even before the whole future thing which would make it impossible to try any bullshit or manipulation.

All the above, the future market is totally different and whatever they are doing is for their own pocket, but here in the crypto world, things are different and I am so optimistic that we are heading straight to the moon with the rocket being fast this time around.
Aurel577 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:28:26 AM

The good thing about all this is that the market is already proving extremely strong even before the whole future thing which would make it impossible to try any bullshit or manipulation.

All the above, the future market is totally different and whatever they are doing is for their own pocket, but here in the crypto world, things are different and I am so optimistic that we are heading straight to the moon with the rocket being fast this time around.

I will be happy if we stay in the $15,000-17,000 range for the next 30 days as that will make for a stronger base,  then we can start the climb higher.

Aurel57
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:02:29 PM

Straight up to the point and I am sure they even know that already, it is a total new ball game and they will just be deceiving themselves if they think manipulating the market would do them good as it won't. You have said it all, it is a whole new animal ready to devour any system that thinks manipulating is the way.

Bitcoin will keep doing its thing as it always has without looking towards the side of the futures market but one thing for sure is that we should be ready for some huge adoption in coming years with all these development.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:49:16 PM

We can really see the effects they make in pumping up bitcoin and just like anybody here say bitcoin will always do its thing even without their help, They just make bitcoin movement faster that all, And right now pretty sure many of us in the community are thinking the same thing in holding properly to our coins because it's gonna be bullish when December ends.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:22:18 PM

It won't even harm the price in any way. It would only end up harming those dudes who think this could just be one other market they can just toy with and I am sure they would end up getting what is coming for them. No two ways about it. I am sure going to be holding for as long as I can, because right now is even the best time to be more relaxed and watch where the movie ends.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: