Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:23:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best BTC fee to pay (I have as long as it takes)  (Read 286 times)
CircleCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:41:12 PM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know what the best, least amount of fee, would be to pay that I can get away with?

I was sending £20 worth of BTC (0.00193758 including transaction fee 0.00019448)

Is this acceptable?

I have all day to wait. I really don't mind. What are the chances of this getting through the blockchain?
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:52:14 PM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know what the best, least amount of fee, would be to pay that I can get away with?

I was sending £20 worth of BTC (0.00193758 including transaction fee 0.00019448)

Is this acceptable?

I have all day to wait. I really don't mind. What are the chances of this getting through the blockchain?

Eventually your transaction will get confirmed, in worst case scenario it will get stuck as unconfirmed and then returned back when nodes will start removing it from their memools, but your wallet might be trying to automatically rebroadcast it if this happens. I once paid a very low fee to test it, and my transaction was unconfirmed for more than a month, until it got confirmed. But don't worry, 0.00019 is enough to get confirmed when the mempool will start clearing, it shouldn't take longer than a week I think.
parobber

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:54:59 PM

Hi guys,

Is this acceptable?

In my experience almost any transaction will eventually get confirmed as long as there is a fee, it may take some days but eventually you'll get your money, seen as you said you're in no rush then do it. Worst case scenario it fails and you have to try again in a little while

ELEMENTH
⇐ ● Blockchain for e-commerce ● Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERBITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKREDDIT ○ ○ ○

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:03:55 AM

Eventually your transaction will get confirmed, in worst case scenario it will get stuck as unconfirmed and then returned back when nodes will start removing it from their memools, but your wallet might be trying to automatically rebroadcast it if this happens. I once paid a very low fee to test it, and my transaction was unconfirmed for more than a month, until it got confirmed. But don't worry, 0.00019 is enough to get confirmed when the mempool will start clearing, it shouldn't take longer than a week I think.
[/quote]

Cheers @hatshepsut93.

I mean, I used blockchain.info and the 3 options were Top prio which was like £18 fee (ridiculous), normal (which was still quite high fee to pay and Custom. With customer I think the fee 0.00019 worked out to be £2.. which in my eyes wasn't so bad considering I was only transferring £20 (but still that's 10%). So you reckon a week?

Does anyone have any information or resources on a chat with time scale in relation to BTC fee? i.e. 0.00019 would take a week, 0.0003 would take 2 weeks etc. I know this would be quite hard to comeby... but worth a shot.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7116

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 12:45:09 AM

Does anyone have any information or resources on a chat with time scale in relation to BTC fee? i.e. 0.00019 would take a week, 0.0003 would take 2 weeks etc. I know this would be quite hard to comeby... but worth a shot.
Don't discuss fees in BTC. Discuss them in satoshis/byte.

You can't expect the confirmation time with a specific fee to be the same for a transaction with 4 inputs/5 outputs and one with only 1 input/2 outputs. What will determines the fee is the size of the transaction and not the amount sent. So basically, more inputs and outputs = higher size = more fees.

Right now, something like 160 sat/byte should give your transaction a fairly fast confirmation time without you having to pay $20 in fees. Or if you are not in a hurry, you can lower even more that amount (~110 sat/byte). Based in this website: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:30:42 PM

Cheers people.

Well December

Value when Sent: £20.28
Transaction Fee: 0.00019448 BTC
December 10 @ 12:52 AM

Pending:0/3confirmations

Sent this from my wallet on Blockchain.info to bittrex.com. I suppose the satoshi fee of 194 was too little???
shensu

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:12:28 AM

You might want to increase that fee a little bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: